Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    First off how reliable is this Midnight's Edge? Cause I'm hoping this is false:
    spoilers:
    He's saying in the context of the movie, Skynet is no more, but it didn't just send the T-1000. It sent multiple T-800s in case the T-1000 failed. They activate when the T-1000 goes offline, and shortly after the events of T2 one finds Sara and John in a bar and blows John away. So Furlong is only there to do mocap to be de-aged to the age he was in T2. Anyway, If I'm understanding this correctly, once a Terminator fulfills its mission its CPU, um, automatically switches to r/w? So that particular Terminator "feels remorse" and helps Sara kill the other T-800s. Ah and it take the name Carl. That's who we see in the trailer when Sara visits an older Arnie.

But someone, or rather something, like Skynet is like the lightbulb, destined to exist. So Legion comes to be and fills its void and everything repeats itself. There will be a future war, that girl is destined to be its savior the same way John Connor was fighting Skynet, enter Rev-2 (Luna) and Female Reese.
    end of spoilers

So, again IF true, they are following a lot of the beats of T3. spoilers:
    Cause that's exactly how we got the T-850. In exposition it was pointed out it killed John but once it did, hey, free Terminator for John's wife to use and send back in time. Luna as a more advanced T-X...other lieutenants being hunted = the "new John Connor" being hunted.
    end of spoilers
    I saw that video as well. If any of it is true then this movie can f*** itself.

spoilers:
    It's not surprising. It's been obvious since the last movie that they consider John an albatross around the concept's neck that keeps it from being a real franchise concept. John is part of a close-ended story with a clear beginning, middle, and end. The studios hate that. They want a concept they can profit from until the end of time. So John had to go. This is just Take Two of the kill-john-and-mutate-the-series-into-a-true-franchise attempts.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That would be all fine and dandy if
    spoilers:
    They didn't kill him off just to replace him with another character fulfilling the exact same role. Feels pointless to kill him off
    end of spoilers

Agreed. spoilers:
    How is John "part of a close-ended story" but this little girl is not if she's filling the exact same role??? If a savior is the problem ditch THAT concept and just have humanity in general fight against Skynet, er, Legion.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I liked 1 a lot, great movie, 2 is fantastic, 3 is fun, idc what anyone says. Didn’t like salvation, I enjoyed genesis or whatever it’s called but I can see why it was hated lol.

This one reminds me a lot of T2

The second trailer, two days old:

Hmm...is there a reason why Reese-800 (not sure what her name is) seems unstoppable and the Rev.2 doesn't?

In any case, based on Sarah's reaction to Carl, Midnight's Edge's spoilers were true. :/

Also very interesting...soon you can PLAY as Carl on Mortal Kombat 11!

Carl.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The second trailer, two days old:

Hmm...is there a reason why Reese-800 (not sure what her name is) seems unstoppable and the Rev.2 doesn't?
    Trailer magic, most likely. The Rev-2 can, and will, survive all that punishment to just keep on coming. Nu-Reese may be enhanced and more capable than a baseline human, but is probably not as durable as a Terminator. So there are way more scenes of the Rev-2 getting smashed, slashed and shot in the film, to show it's relentlessness and capability, than there are of Nu-Reese getting pummeled. Might as well use them to make the trailer look cool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Other than some curiosity about Linda Hamilton's return I see nothing to get excited about here. That said I liked Salvation and thought Genysis was okay. I even enjoyed T3 well enough as a popcorn flick. So I'll probably see it but I'm not expecting much.

Now that Game of Thrones is over I'd much rather see Lena Headey and the rest of the cast return for a 2 hr special to give some closure to the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    That was a pretty good series.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    That was a pretty good series.
    Yeah, I'd honestly have more emotional investment in a continuation of the Sarah Connor Chronicles than what we're getting here. Not that what I think we're getting hear is necessarily bad or anything like that... but it just feels like more of the same poorly disguised as something new.

Not a lot good to say about this movie...um...Good to see Linda Hamilton back I guess. Ah and they weren't ashamed to use the iconic theme, finally. As in leitmotifs and such. But beyond that...I think I like Genisys better.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Looks like the spoilers were true. Jeremy Jahns posted a followup to his review basically ranting about the decision. Will definitely be the most controversial part of the movie.

Thumbs up

Looks like this franchise has been terminated. It's a bomb baby. Sorry, I couldn't resist the jokes.

In all seriousness, the opening scene reminded me of Alien 3 (another horrible sequel that denigrated its far superior predecessor). Those who have seen both films will know what I mean.

I give this an F. It is a terrible rehash of tired old plots. Don't wast your money or time.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-02-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I'd honestly have more emotional investment in a continuation of the Sarah Connor Chronicles than what we're getting here. Not that what I think we're getting hear is necessarily bad or anything like that... but it just feels like more of the same poorly disguised as something new.
    The Sarah Connor Chronicles rocked. That TV series left us far too soon.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-02-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."