Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    aren't the winter guard all dead except the red widow and, apparently, ursa major?
    I don't know all the history there but apparently not.

aren't the winter guard all dead except the red widow and, apparently, ursa major?
    A couple of them returned in the last Winter Guard mini. Darkstar's brother is the new Red Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Enjoyed the issue, for me Aaron's Avengers is pretty solid entertainment.

The only real downside to his run is the endless set-up for various plot lines that seem to go nowhere. The Namor situation remains unresolved, the big Winter Guard fight is probably coming as well as the story with Dracula's new vampire nation, Squadron Supreme of America needs to be taken down etc. But instead of all that we'll be getting possessed Avengers mountain, time travel to 1 million BC, and some kind of space adventure.

I hope all the main plot lines will be resolved by the time #50 rolls around and preferably in this book and not elsewhere. We need more epic fights and conclusions IMO, not more set up.
    Can't really say the Namor otnisbt going anywhere because he teased it as well as multiple other plots. Unless The book ends before he is done, I'm pretty sure the Namor plot will be fleshed out soon enough. It's just that these other plots are coming first. Frankly, this has been pretty intriguing what he is doing, I personally want to see where he takes Tchalla with his scheming and Agent's of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well I wouldn’t seek to defend the Dracula arc. I also found that quite tedious, although I recognise many here loved it and considered it more interesting than the wider story. However, this issue gives that arc proper context and positions things in a more interesting way than it previously seemed.

For example, this doesn’t appear to be a simple cliché to me. Gorilla-Man is not simply in betrayal mode. He is in the middle of three scheming people trying to work out what to do. He isn’t telling either side the whole truth, because he has his own agenda..
    What makes you think that this is Gorilla Man playing one side against the other, and not simply being a double agent for Drac?

Ursa Major states that Drac was exiled to Chernobyl, as per Panther's (supposed) instructions. When he reports to T'Challa, he tells him that he's been unable to tell where the Russians hid Drac. Seems to me that Ken is just leveraging his position for Drac's advantage

Amazing Member

They are mostly clones of the dead guard I believe much like how sinister keeps cloning his mauraders

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    They are mostly clones of the dead guard I believe much like how sinister keeps cloning his mauraders
    Red Guardian and Red Widow (possibly). But Darkstar is the original, back from the dead. The rest aren't clones.

I still think Red Widow is working for T'challa.

Ursa major’s a spy for the good guys? Yay! And how messed up is red widow? Gorilla man’s in the thrall of dracula? Boo! And why do they i get the feeling black panther is already two steps ahead of him? And can thori end up someplace permanently? Good dog!
    Last edited by protege; 05-29-2019 at 05:42 PM.

The only real downside to his run is the endless set-up for various plot lines that seem to go nowhere. The Namor situation remains unresolved, the big Winter Guard fight is probably coming as well as the story with Dracula's new vampire nation, Squadron Supreme of America needs to be taken down etc. But instead of all that we'll be getting possessed Avengers mountain, time travel to 1 million BC, and some kind of space adventure.

I hope all the main plot lines will be resolved by the time #50 rolls around and preferably in this book and not elsewhere. We need more epic fights and conclusions IMO, not more set up.
    My question is, will i be sticking around for all of that?

I'm curious if the Namor subplot was designe to feed into the Invaders book, or if it's 2 entirely separate things going on. He's clearly making a big move in Invaders.

But as for the other subplots... he's clearly juggling a lot of seemingly unrelated plots at once. I imagine like Hickman did in his Avengers run, they will all start tying together eventually. Hopefully we'll handle it better than Hickman did, as Hickman sort of got rushed in the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What makes you think that this is Gorilla Man playing one side against the other, and not simply being a double agent for Drac?

Ursa Major states that Drac was exiled to Chernobyl, as per Panther's (supposed) instructions. When he reports to T'Challa, he tells him that he's been unable to tell where the Russians hid Drac. Seems to me that Ken is just leveraging his position for Drac's advantage
    That may be what's going on... or it may be simply what the story wants you to think is going on.

It sort of depends how smart and in control of the situation Aaron wants the good guys to be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That may be what's going on... or it may be simply what the story wants you to think is going on.

It sort of depends how smart and in control of the situation Aaron wants the good guys to be.
    In theory yes, but if Panther did ask for Drac to be sent to Chernobyl, and Ken is lying about it to T'Challa , then he's lying to one of the world's smartest men about something that could be double checked by google Earth.

I'm inclined to think that T'Challa is smart enough to vet Ken, so we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In theory yes, but if Panther did ask for Drac to be sent to Chernobyl, and Ken is lying about it to T'Challa , then he's lying to one of the world's smartest men about something that could be double checked by google Earth.

I'm inclined to think that T'Challa is smart enough to vet Ken, so we'll see
    We'll see. I'd hate to think that demonic dog outmaneuvered the Avengers for the second straight time in a row.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We'll see. I'd hate to think that demonic dog outmaneuvered the Avengers for the second straight time in a row.
    Ken demonstrated that he was under the influence of 'monster masters' back in Deadpool's merc' for money. In all likelihood, he was compromised from the start

- Red Guardian is the hero formerly called Vanguard of the original Soviet Super Soldiers. I don't believe he's ever died.
    - There've been a lot of folks who've worn Crimson Dynamo armor, this is just one who'd previously retired.
    - Darkstar is a Dire Wraith who's taken on the appearance and personality of the original deceased Darkstar, completely subverting any Wraith traits/programming.
    - Ursa Major is still the original.
    - Chernobog and Perun are both gods, a la Thor or Hercules, and probably tough as hell to permanently kill.
    - Vostok is similar to the Vision, who's been destroyed and put together numerous times as well.