The oaf

Default Selling my early Walking Dead issues

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hi there.

Basically I've been collecting comics in one form or another since I was about 3 or 4 years old, when my Dad started getting me the Dandy every week... so for more than 40 years now... and in all that time, I've never felt the need to sell any.

However, the prices those early Walking Deads go for is too good to pass up anymore, so I'm planning on buying the compendium and selling the first 48 issues. They're all first editions, and have only been read a handful of times, bagged and boarded the rest of the time. None of them have been graded, but they're all in really good condition.

So, as a newbie seller, what's the best way to go about this? Should I get certain issues graded, and will this make a significant difference to the price? Should I sell them all individually or some as lots? Where's the best place to go for this?

Any help I could get would be appreciated.

I'm UK based if that makes a difference, and I know I'll probably get more on the US market.

Cheers.

Shiiiiiiiit dog, early Walking Dead? Get those first few issues graded for sure.

iirc CGC opened up a UK branch. They also do custom Walking Dead labels so, thats a thing.

Not too sure on best way to sell. With more valuable stuff you may be better off submitting them to an auction site. Though be sure to check what kind of cut they'd take. Otherwise, shop around a few comic stores or vendors and compare what they offer to recent sold listings on eBay.

It might be worth trawling the CGC or CBCS forums for advice on selling.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 05-24-2019 at 01:44 AM.