Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

The preview looks great.
    I am intrigued to see how this story with so many characters will conclude.

.... so does Pete just let Kraven and son get away after all this mayhem? Hopefully not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... so does Pete just let Kraven and son get away after all this mayhem? Hopefully not.
    I am going to predict. 1: Lizard dies at the hands of Kraven. 2: Pete kills Kraven to save Billy. 3: Kraven's son becomes the new Kraven. Oddly enough this will free both Kraven and Curt Connors from their personal Hell's

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am going to predict. 1: Lizard dies at the hands of Kraven. 2: Pete kills Kraven to save Billy. 3: Kraven's son becomes the new Kraven. Oddly enough this will free both Kraven and Curt Connors from their personal Hell's
    Sounds good. But Lizard is headed towards Billy. Kraven jr has Billy and Felicia cornered. They can't let Kraven jr kill Felicia or Billy. So that makes me think that he will be facing the Lizard. If Kj manages to kill Lizard, that puts Felicia and Billy in danger. In this scenario, I see Billy killing Kj. The point of Hunted is that there's a wild animal in everyone/that even prey shouldn't be underestimated. Kraven jr can't afford to lose. But he has to lose. Kraven isn't going to kill Lizard. That's a separate story. Kraven is focused on Peter. Lizard is focused on Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Even if the son escapes, he will have failed. He would probably end his own life or get taken out by Ana Kravinoff. No idea if Pete has it in him to end Kraven's life. They introduced that wrinkle of only a totem being able to kill him. I guess the Centipedemon could take him out. But I don't see that happening at this stage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Sounds good. But Lizard is headed towards Billy. Kraven jr has Billy and Felicia cornered. They can't let Kraven jr kill Felicia or Billy. So that makes me think that he will be facing the Lizard. If Kj manages to kill Lizard, that puts Felicia and Billy in danger. In this scenario, I see Billy killing Kj. The point of Hunted is that there's a wild animal in everyone/that even prey shouldn't be underestimated. Kraven jr can't afford to lose. But he has to lose. Kraven isn't going to kill Lizard. That's a separate story. Kraven is focused on Peter. Lizard is focused on Billy.
    I agree that Kraven is focused in on Peter, but the only way for Kraven to win is for Pete to be forced to kill him. Having to save Billy is the means to accomplish this.You are correct about the idea that everyone has a wild animal inside of them. In fact, the original idea of Kraven came from a story and movie called The Most Dangerous Game where Mad Russian hunter Zaroff squared off against Big Game Hunter Bob Rainsford, in a game of survival in Zaroff's jungle like Island with Eve Towbridge as bait. Only by learning to think like a hunted animal does Rainsford win. Interestingly enough the movie was filmed on the same set as King Kong. Except King Kong was filmed in the day, and Most Dangerous Game at night. By the way who played Eve? Fay Wray who is best known for King Kong.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-26-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree that Kraven is focused in on Peter, but the only way for Kraven to win is for Pete to be forced to kill him. Having to save Billy is the means to accomplish this.
    Billy is there for two reasons (and he wasn't part of Kraven's plan). 1) he's a big enough reason to undo Curt Connors rehabilitation 2) he was the lure for Felicia. Peter killing Kraven would be a big deal. I don't know that Spencer would even go there. But having to save Billy isn't the only way to get Peter to the point where he's unrestrained. He's already surrounded by death. He was forced to basically ruin Curt's life. And Felicia is also in danger. It could be as simple as Kraven attacking him and not letting up. It could also be that curt dies and Billy witnesses it. That would hit Peter where it hurts. The guilt might push him over the edge.

Comic Geek in General

As far as plans go, Kraven has a good one, allying with Arcade and Taskmaster.....capturing various animal themed characters (was that Toad on a cover? Man, poor guy can’t catch a break lately, being chased by Madrox, being cut off from both Magneto and Blob (who are currently elsewhere)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Has SOUL OF THE HUNTER ever been addressed post Grim Hunt? It seems like it's mostly ignored but maybe I missed it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Has SOUL OF THE HUNTER ever been addressed post Grim Hunt? It seems like it's mostly ignored but maybe I missed it.
    Soul of the Hunter was collected as part of the Kraven's Last Hunt deluxe omnibus, but beyond that . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Lizards and Gibbons, no matter what happens tomorrow, we can all agree on one thing.

#CurtConnorsDidNothingWrong
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Posts about the issue now that it's out were moved to a new thread.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets