Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Tom King on Justice League?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MitchGerads

On Mitch Gerads twitter account he insinuated r that he will have a project coming out soon. Beneath the post was an image showcasing various books detailing Alex Ross's takes on various Justice League characters.

When someone in the comments asked whether or not Tom King will be involved in this project, Gerads confirmed this was the case.

The majority of those who speculated what this forthcoming book is going to be figured it might possibly be a new JSA book. However all signs point to the acclaimed () duo cracking a shot at the Justice League.

I guess it would be interesting way of trying to "assuage" King by putting him on their other major, flagship, book.

But I just don't see it after pulling him from Batman. I also don't think King would be a good fit for Justice League.

What are you? Some kind of sadist? JL should be a big, exciting book, things that Tom King has proven he can't do apprently.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I'm pretty sure he's talking about their next Mister Miracle-esque maxi-series, which they've been in planning for a while now, not to mention as he says the release date is still up in the air.

Also (unless DC is gonna pull this **** again), Snyder's on Justice League until issue 50 next year, so that's less likely. I could see the JSA being a possibility though. And if Bendis does Legion Of Super-Heroes like that has been rumoured, then all 3 of DC's main writers would have a team book next year.

I was pretty sure King's next project with Gerads was focused on 2-3 characters. And with Snyder doing his JL thing I think they'd leave him some space.

I say, hopefully.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Seems like an incredibly huge reach to me, but if there's any truth to it, could be the only way we see Hal Jordan back in the League. King did say in a recent interview that other than Booster Gold, he thought Hal was the most fun character in comics. He previously said Bats would team-up with GL when he was promoting the team-ups with Superman and WW in his Batman run, but that never happened for some reason.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-24-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like an incredibly huge reach to me, but if there's any truth to it, could be the only way we see Hal Jordan back in the League. King did say in a recent interview that other than Booster Gold, he thought Hal was the most fun character in comics. He did say Bats would team-up with GL when he was promoting the team-ups with Superman and WW in his Batman run, but that never happened for some reason.
    And the next time he used Hal, he had him kill himself .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also (unless DC is gonna pull this **** again), Snyder's on Justice League until issue 50 next year, so that's less likely. I could see the JSA being a possibility though. And if Bendis does Legion Of Super-Heroes like that has been rumoured, then all 3 of DC's main writers would have a team book next year.
    I just can't see a group that would be so much out of King's wheelhouse as the JSA.

Like, whether you like his style or not, I just can't really see how his approach to heroes would be the best fit to bringing back the Justice Society to the main DC Universe or on an ongoing basis. It'd be like putting Garth Ennis on The Flash or Green Lantern.

They're just not the kind of characters where King's emphasis on trauma and tragedy would be appropriate unless you were going for an Elseworlds, and I feel like James Robinson already did something to that degree but more tastefully with his Golden Age book.

And that's not even getting into how he's not always the best when it comes to distinctive voices (but that can be subjective depending on the reader).

I'm pretty sure he's talking about their next Mister Miracle-esque maxi-series, which they've been in planning for a while now, not to mention as he says the release date is still up in the air.

Oh great, I can’t wait to read how depressed and traumatized the JSA will be after being held in limbo for years. That is going to be so exciting!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like an incredibly huge reach to me, but if there's any truth to it, could be the only way we see Hal Jordan back in the League. King did say in a recent interview that other than Booster Gold, he thought Hal was the most fun character in comics. He did say Bats would team-up with GL when he was promoting the team-ups with Superman and WW in his Batman run, but that never happened for some reason.

Yeah I remember Tom King teased a lot about Hal teaming up with Batman before the WW&Batman arc came out. And then we never heard that again. I was wondering what happened.
    I hope he already has the script and we will see that story in another book one day.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, that fits the hierarchy. First, they wrote Dick Grayson, then Bruce Wayne, and finally Justice League.

Talking about Snyder, in case it wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Oh great, I can’t wait to read how depressed and traumatized the JSA will be after being held in limbo for years. That is going to be so exciting!
    I KNOW RIGHT! CAN’T WAIT FOR THE REVEAL JAY GARRICK IS A SOCIOPATHIC MURDERER /s
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MitchGerads

On Mitch Gerads twitter account he insinuated r that he will have a project coming out soon. Beneath the post was an image showcasing various books detailing Alex Ross's takes on various Justice League characters.

When someone in the comments asked whether or not Tom King will be involved in this project, Gerads confirmed this was the case.

The majority of those who speculated what this forthcoming book is going to be figured it might possibly be a new JSA book. However all signs point to the acclaimed () duo cracking a shot at the Justice League.
    Not really the case.

Note #NewProjectInspiration being used in this Tweet from yesterday...

- https://mobile.twitter.com/MitchGera...14833453875201

Also (unless DC is gonna pull this **** again), Snyder's on Justice League until issue 50 next year, so that's less likely.
    As you've said, it isn't as if DC doesn't have a history of cutting short runs promised to writers. Not to mention even at it's "low" sales, his Batman sells better than Snyder's Justice League every month.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

i am with Frontier on this one. I just don't see them pulling him form one flagship title and turn around and giving him another one. The guy has become pretty polarizing lately and I think DC is going to be learry about putting him on big books again. I think he is going to stick with smaller projects for a while at least.

It's not going to happen but I would love it. DC fan for almost all my 50 years and Alan Moore is the only DC writer I love as much as Tom King. I'd love to see him on JL or JSA.