Astonishing Member

Default Another Endgame opponent scenario for Thanos

As we know Thor whacks away at Thanos with his weaponery. Cap whacks away with his shield. Results are mixed.

So, as in my sword thread, Scarlet Witch tries to summon help from across the dimensions. One may remember the iconic Avengers/JLA crossover with Superman yielding Mjolnir and Cap's shield.

Thus, Scarlet waves her hands and this version of Supes from the crossover appears and gets his hands on the hammer and Shield and takes on Thanos instead of Thor when Thor was whacking away at Thanos. Supes uses the weapons and the level of Kryptonian power he has. Kal is much faster and stronger than Thor, IMHO plus could heat vision Thanos in his purple face as well as pounding on him with the hammer and shield.

I will postulate that Thanos gets concussed and falls down and goes boom.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, it's comic Superman.

This feels like an intentional stomp to me.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

What did Thanos do to you? What about MCU Thanos makes you think that he can stand up to a near-lightspeed blitz from a comic class 100?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I'm really hoping you meant DCEU Clark and not comic.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry. I was motivated by the comic cover. Yeah, getting hit with Mjolnier 80,000 times will probably do it.

Let's change it to DCEU, if you think this is a stomp. Henry C. has a hammer and will hammer in the morning, all over Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm sorry. I was motivated by the comic cover. Yeah, getting hit with Mjolnier 80,000 times will probably do it.

Let's change it to DCEU, if you think this is a stomp. Henry C. has a hammer and will hammer in the morning, all over Thanos.
    I assume this is Thanos without the Infinity germs. I wonder why the Scarlet Witch needs to summon anybody since she can rip him part herself if these are the MCU versions.

Okay, so, now we have DCEU Superman moving so fast that everyone but the Flash are statues while Thanos has no super speed feats and now Superman has Thor's hammer and can wail on Thanos to his heart's content before Thanos even knows what happened.
    Power with Girl is better.

Superman doesn't need the hammer or super speed to be honest.

Astonishing Member

Ok, so in the final fight after the time jump of his space ship and troops, Supes just clobbers him before he can use the glove, even if he has it on. Given that Thor could chop him up earlier, he gets squished. He did give Cap and Thor a good fight though.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Would DCEU Clark be worthy enough to wield the hammer or would he be stopped dead in his tracks when attempting to lift it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Would DCEU Clark be worthy enough to wield the hammer or would he be stopped dead in his tracks when attempting to lift it?
    Im guessing he's able to use it for thread purposes.

As to if he SHOULD be worthy?

...probably not? Maybe?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

DCEU Superman on being asked do you feel you can lift Thor's hammer by kids on their podcast
    Supes: ................

Astonishing Member

Just for info, in the crossever, Supes got to use Mjolnir once. When the fight was over, Thor said that the Odin spell kicked in again. Supes did catch the hammer blow from Thor and punch him out with a great line though. Thor was surprised by that and said something like: In the nine worlds, blah, blah. Supes said something like: My world goes up to eleven. Then the punch out. The writers had great debate if Supes could take Thor and decided he could.

BANNED

if we are back to comic supes then it's a murder stomp.

Astonishing Member

I know that. How about George Reeves, the best TV Supes IMHO! Thanos better not wander into the DCU and come across the Corrigan Spectre. Again, I was just taken by the image and forgot that few in the MCU can stand against Kal.

I should post, what if Hela gets annoyed about Thanos getting the hots for Death (even though she didn't make a movie appearance), and she shows up at the final fight. Is that a stomp?

Thanos would do little better in this scenario than Steppenwolf did in Justice League.