Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is moot. DC just announced Batman/Catwoman. He's finishing his Batman story after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If he ever actually flipped again, I'd be most interested in Inhumans. Don't know if I'd like it.
    I get it. It’s moot now. But if like to see this as well.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Tom King is out. Never read his Batman run. Judging from the response to it I'm getting the feeling that his run was too deconstructionist? So if he were to come to Marvel what book would be perfect for him?

I'm thinking Moonknight

Why.

1. It's in his wheelhouse. Caped figure hiding in shadows? Throwing sharp objects at people?

2. Characterization doesn't matter only the costume, and I don't mean the Mr. Knight one. Search your feelings you know it's true.

3. The bar is very low. Before even writing one word King will instantly be a top five Moonknight writer. After one issue, top three. If his run manages to go there years he will be the best Moonknight writer ever.

4. If Moonknight is ever made into a movie his run will probably be used for the sequel. Synergy!
    After heroes in crisis and his Batman run, I'm a bit cautious with Tom king handling a character with mental Illness.

BANNED

squadron supreme.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I know he has another book on DC now, but idk, it seems like it wasn't really his decision to be taken off the main Batman book. Depending on how things are between him and DC, maybe we could get him back at Marvel sometime in the future. Anyway, I'd want a Vision sequel for sure. I think his run would've been longer if it wasn't for his exclusive contract with DC. I'd be curious to see what else he would have in store for Viz and Viv.

Something with Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I know he has another book on DC now, but idk, it seems like it wasn't really his decision to be taken off the main Batman book. Depending on how things are between him and DC, maybe we could get him back at Marvel sometime in the future. Anyway, I'd want a Vision sequel for sure. I think his run would've been longer if it wasn't for his exclusive contract with DC. I'd be curious to see what else he would have in store for Viz and Viv.
    Vision was always meant to be 12 issues.

One thing to note, there's been a development in Champions since then. When Snowguard joined the team, she moved in with Viv. Vision, at the time, was out of action because of Avengers No Surrender, so Viv had to retroactively ask permission for this in Champions #22 when he was revealed to have been repaired. So Amka would need to be involved unless it was set before No Surrender (as the cancelled sequel would've been).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    He's getting to fulfill his Batman story in a maxi-series so I don't think things with him and DC are too fraught at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Something with Hank Pym.
    King on Hank would be...something .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's getting to fulfill his Batman story in a maxi-series so I don't think things with him and DC are too fraught at the moment.

King on Hank would be...something .
    Agreed. If he could reasonably write a way for Hank Pym to return to being Yellowjacket and make it stick, then he would be a writing deity (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. If he could reasonably write a way for Hank Pym to return to being Yellowjacket and make it stick, then he would be a writing deity (IMHO).
    well the first issue will open with Yellowjacket standing over Wasps lifeless body...because King likes to break them down in the first issue and build them up....ITS WHAT HE DOES!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    well the first issue will open with Yellowjacket standing over Wasps lifeless body...because King likes to break them down in the first issue and build them up....ITS WHAT HE DOES!!!!!!!
    The break them down...yeah. Build them up? Not as much.

Sorry, I meant no offense. I'm not too familiar with his work, so your explanation is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BANNED

he will probably have Hank having trouble connecting to Nadia due to being ashamed of his actions and afraid of her rejection/inadvertently pushing her away which would turn Nadia hostile and would probably lead down to a fight between Daddy and daughter where they try to work out their frustrations and issues with each other and perhaps the repeating of the infamous scene.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Sorry, I meant no offense. I'm not too familiar with his work, so your explanation is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    No, I was trying to be funny....it wasnt trying to cast aspertions on your character. It was all about Tom and nothing about you. Sorry if you thought so

No, I was trying to be funny....it wasnt trying to cast aspertions on your character. It was all about Tom and nothing about you. Sorry if you thought so
    No problem. Apology accepted. Just worried about someone who might be out of work, that's all.

Also, I really do care about both Hank & Jan. And I hope that someday, they'll get a writer who'll be interested in writing stories about them.