Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Marvel hire Tom King, and if so what title should he be on?

Tom King is out. Never read his Batman run. Judging from the response to it I'm getting the feeling that his run was too deconstructionist? So if he were to come to Marvel what book would be perfect for him?

I'm thinking Moonknight

Why.

1. It's in his wheelhouse. Caped figure hiding in shadows? Throwing sharp objects at people?

2. Characterization doesn't matter only the costume, and I don't mean the Mr. Knight one. Search your feelings you know it's true.

3. The bar is very low. Before even writing one word King will instantly be a top five Moonknight writer. After one issue, top three. If his run manages to go there years he will be the best Moonknight writer ever.

4. If Moonknight is ever made into a movie his run will probably be used for the sequel. Synergy!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

If he ever actually flipped again, I'd be most interested in Inhumans. Don't know if I'd like it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Something with Nick Fury or HYDRA.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Wait, is he exclusive to DC?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-24-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Yup. He had to drop some Marvel projects when he went to DC.

I'd think he could do cool things with Daredevil

I loved his Vision series, the best thing that Marvel put out in 2016. I was hoping that he would do a Scarlet Witch series that followed up on his Vison series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yup. He had to drop some Marvel projects when he went to DC.

I'd think he could do cool things with Daredevil
    NO!!!!!!!! Zdarsky is doing a phenomenal job right now and King doesn't need to touch Daredevil.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wanda already had a book at the time.

A Vision sequel would definitely be a sensible idea. They already had another writer attempt it, but it got aborted before completion (we never did find out exactly why - some sort of clash with either Avengers No Road Home or Champions?) and was never released.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think the best thing Marvel could do with King is put him on a C or D-lister, preferably one with some kind of traumatic element in their character, seclude them from the rest of the Marvel Universe and let him go wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the best thing Marvel could do with King is put him on a C or D-lister, preferably one with some kind of traumatic element in their character, seclude them from the rest of the Marvel Universe and let him go wild.

Exactly. He's a one trick pony and if he is going to do his thing then it needs to be free of continuity and not a well known or popular character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Looks like it's not going to happen. The best we can hope for is a company crossover between the JLA and the Avengers where Batman and Hank Pym talk about what happened.

Hank Pym: I'm here if you need me.

Batman: What?

Hank Pym: You punched Robin! Your entire comics career is in danger...

Batman: Nah, I'm good. DC just fired my writer, and I have a ton of Robins because I'm Batman.

Hank Pym:...Can I come to DC?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, basically what they did with Vision...and what DC did with him with Mr. Miracle.

I think it would be best if he stayed far, far away from Marvel. And DC for that matter.

Ultimate Member

I don't like his Batman stuff. At all. It's very dull and (i hate to use this word) pretentious.

I won't mind him on something like Moon Knight though.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'd probably read a sequel to his Vision series, don't know how he'd deal with things that have come after his run however.

In any case I would keep him limited to 12-Issue series. I can appreciate his work when he's given a character, has something to say, and then says it. Then he leaves.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.