Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Manga Team vs Thanos and his army

Because I'm not above shameless bandwagoning.

The following team has to hold off Thanos and his army, a la the Avengers in Endgame. Manga versions of all, from end of series/current versions unless otherwise noted.

- Edward and Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
    - Han Daewi and Yu Mira (God of School) circa prior to the Ragnarok War.
    - Baki and Yujiro Hanma (Grappler Baki)
    - Ban and Diane (Seven Deadly Sins) circa the first story arcs they featured in. Diane does not have Gideon.
    - Agito (Air Gear) circa fighting Vercingetorix at the lake. Hild is not in play.
    - Killer Cyborg Genos (One Punch man) circa his first appearance.
    - Nico Robin (One Piece)
    - Sado "Chad" Yasutora (Bleach) crica the Hueco Mundo arc.
    - Tanjiro Kamado and Nezuko (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
    - Touji (Battle Angel Alita: Last Order) circa his battle with the Venusian Shapeshifter.
    - Haru Glory (Groove Adventure Rave)

The Infinity Gauntlet is in play. The object is to stop Thanos from recovering it and snapping.

The IG is buried at the bottom of the ruined Avengers HQ and both teams are going for it, starting off on the battlefield on the ground.

How does this play out?

I'm only familiar with like... 3 people on this list. And they aren't scratching Thanos' paint lol.

Do they have anything that can contend with "Rain fire!"?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Does Edward have his Alchemy? Though I guess that that's the difference between one or two Elrics turning the entire battlefield into spikes while Ban and Diane blitzstomp the much slower and probably much weaker Thanos into mulch with Haru, Chad, Genos, et. Al playing cleanup (with Robin possibly snapping the spines of everyone short of Cull Obsidian as her opening move).

If they manage to restrain Thanos without splattering him, one or more Elric brothers may be able to figure out his composition well enough to transmute him into glass, or something.

Most of the people on this list that I'm familiar with can't possibly do anything to Thanos himself, or many of the heavy hitters in his army. But they could at least fight that army.

Ban and Diane are be a different story, being ludicrously faster and stronger than MCU characters I think, even in their first appearances. I definitely think they win this. I can just see someone (anyone on either side) eventually picking up the gauntlet, Ban snatches it with his super-convenient-to-this-discussion magic, and sprints to safety. Being both very very immortal and also possessed of outrageous willpower, he snaps the bad guys away and throws a party in their ashes.
    Last edited by Morning; 05-24-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Diane can also turn the battlefield into a massive field of spikes. So the Elrics are going to have plenty of assistance on that front as well. Anyone remember if being shrunk substantially reduced her strength?

Couple of points.

1) Thanos has his space ship in play.

2) I don't recall either the Elrics or Diane on her first appearance showing that they could cover a battlefield on the scale of this in spikes at will. Not even close. Maybe like half, at best, if they all work in concert.

3) Ban is quick in his first appearance, the Jericho shaving feat is pretty good, but is he really blitzing people that hard?

Diane being small did reduce her strength a bit. She still has a lot of super strength but it's magnified by her size.

Thanos does have his sword that dices up Cap's shield as well.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Can’t Haru drop a Continent buster or some such?

Thought he could.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Can’t Haru drop a Continent buster or some such?

Thought he could.
    Short answer, no he can't. Not even close to that.

At the peak of his power, the best stuff he ever did, was like... maybe rattling a mountain? That's based largely on scaling against Lucia than things he actually did.

Haru is more a very deadly swordsman with an incredibly potent weapon. The ten commandments has a ton of utility and can do a bunch of crazy stuff but he can't blow up continents.

The only things in GAR that could do that were a completely uncontrolled Etherion, which never happened, Endless but he couldn't do it in one shot and the Overdrive going off.

Haru himself could not do it.

He would however, be a fun match for Thanos in the vein of Captain Thormerica. Extremely potent weapon wielded by a superhuman.

Some of these manga operate at levels considerably beyond live action Thanos.

Ban from the Seven Deadly Sins could solo this. It'd take a little longer than his end of manga self, but there is nothing Thanos or his army can do to withstand his attacks or keep Ban down. Ban's only issue would be getting high up enough to hit Thanos's flagship, but even if he didn't figure out how to fly one of the smaller skiffs up to the flagship, said flagship could break down into a rusted wreck three centuries later and Ban would still be Ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Couple of points.

1) Thanos has his space ship in play.
    Eh, "Rain Fire" didn't even kill most of the normal humans in play, and either Ban or Diane are strong enough to replicate early Meliodas' feat of throwing a sword/Thanos hard enough to level a distant castle.

2) I don't recall either the Elrics or Diane on her first appearance showing that they could cover a battlefield on the scale of this in spikes at will. Not even close. Maybe like half, at best, if they all work in concert.
    Ed and Al are from the end of the series, and I don't remember Alchemy (assuming that Ed had Alchemy in this fight) ever tiring them, while Diane is fast enough and powerful enough that no one is going to be able to stop her from flooding the field as many times as she wants

3) Ban is quick in his first appearance, the Jericho shaving feat is pretty good, but is he really blitzing people that hard?
    The Jericho feat already renders him an untouchable speed god by the standards of the MCU, and Diane was portrayed as being in his and Meliodas' physical tier at this point in the series. Not to mention that he can steal speed, strength, and stamina from people on Diane's and *Escanor's* tier from before the series even started (he did it as a prank in the backstory).

Diane being small did reduce her strength a bit. She still has a lot of super strength but it's magnified by her size.
    Yeah, I just found a clip of Gowther complimenting her on being almost as strong as Meliodas' even while shrunk, which puts her way above Thanos' general portrayal.

Thanos does have his sword that dices up Cap's shield as well.
    Which is not a great thing for him, considering that the speed, strength, and agility difference means that Diane and Ban now have a Vibranium hacking weapon to cram down his gullet, or throw at his spaceship.

Alright, let's drop Ban and Diane. What about now?

I know you said to drop Ban and Diane, but I just found this clip of Ban going all Dragonball and Diane being able to keep track of Demon Meliodas' blitz-countering faster than King (who has done the flash step trick before) could fully follow.

Without Ban and Diane, I can see Genos grabbing the Infinity Gauntlet and either using it, escaping with it (because no one on the other side is even close to fast enough to intercept him), or tossing the Reality Stone to an Elric Brother and seeing if it can work like a Philosopher's Stone on crack.

Actually, would Genos' and Edward's metal arms, Armor Alphonse (assuming that either brother is in those states in this match), or Haru's Ten Commandments be able to have the Power Stone slapped onto it without it instantly killing them.

Alright, so now we get to Chad. Chad was always low tier in Bleach, but that's like saying Ferengi ships are lower-tier in combat. They're still gonna wreck whatever space ships we try to send at them.

Chad is fast enough to keep up with low level Espada, durable enough to take hits from them and can launch massive beams of energy that tear across the battlefield. I don't see anyone in Thanos's army managing to put a scratch on him.