Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Didn't Modern Warfare have that airport level? It seems like they're doing the same type of stuff.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Game journalists today have become an unusually soft bunch. Over the past few years it's gotten to the point where I can't even tell if they're being serious most of the time.
    It seems like most game journalists (and indeed popular media journalists in general) thrive on controversy and riling up arguments, legitimate or otherwise. I wouldn’t paint all of them under that (PlayStation Access and Outside X-Box has some fun videos) but you get websites like Kotaku and Polygon where every third article is a whiny speech about something they don’t like rather than serious game reporting or fun observations. A lot of the time it’s only to get clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    A lot of the time it’s only to get clicks.
    Which is about survival. The problem is that as long as that's the economic reality of online media, anyone who doesn't put up clickbait will eventually go out of business.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Which is about survival. The problem is that as long as that's the economic reality of online media, anyone who doesn't put up clickbait will eventually go out of business.
    Maybe if they spent more time creating a group of game journalists with the skill and caliber of Jason Sheriver they wouldn’t need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Maybe if they spent more time creating a group of game journalists with the skill and caliber of Jason Sheriver they wouldn’t need to.
    There are other people on Kotaku who are worth reading. Jason's the only one who does any investigative journalism is all.

Thing is, with Kotaku specifically, they've never really shaken off enough of the Gawker style of writing articles.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Horizon Zero Dawn 2 yet. I think the studio's been busy helping out Kojima with Death Stranding, so that could be why.

Also I'm curious if another Uncharted might get announced, not necessarily a new sequel but another spin-off, as Last of Us 2 is close to completion (and still has quite a tight lid on it, there's little about the story and we haven't seen Joel at all). "Lost Legacy" was pretty well received.

Red Dead 2 DLC would be nice, but like with GTA Rockstar seems to be focused on online.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth