Thread: Retro Games...

Default Retro Games...

I am not much of a gamer. The newer systems hold no interest for me. But I do love older games. Smes, Nes, Gameboy, Sega. I am currently playing through Super Mario Three. I am playing it without using the warp Whistles. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass that game is. I am also playing Pokemon Gold on Gameboy Color.

Do you all like retro games? If so what ones are you currently playing?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

jonaskapitonas

It`s strange no one commented nothing
    I personally love old retro games.

One of the best for me was Doom 1 - 2. From time to time, I play it on my PS4 And for PC games, it`s not old, or retro, but Old School Runescape gives me some nostalgic feelings

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I absolutely loved the Vectorman series, Thunder Force (especially Lightening Force), and Alien 3 when I was younger. LF particularly had some bangin' tunes. Here's a remix of its main theme:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I was a huge 16-bit platform game fan, particularly for games on the Sega Megadrive (or Genesis as it's called over in the US). There's way too many great memories to list them all but watching this video recently gave me great vibes.

I'm looking forward to the new Sega Megadrive Mini that's getting launched in September. I vastly prefer retro gaming to the current scene.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Here's another one. I'd actually forgotten even owning and playing this gem until watching a longplay of it on Youtube recently:

God, Konami have been responsible for some awesome software down the years.

Currently playing Shining Force II (Genesis/ Megadrive) and NBA Street (Gamecube).
    I have found that the best system to emulate all things retro, up to PS2/ Dreamcast/ Gamecube, and including arcade games, is the Nvidia Shield TV.

All-New Member

Idk if this is considered retro but --- STAR WARS EMPIRE AT WAR

It's one of my favorite RTS games ever and it really holds up well (mechanics-wise) even in 2019