Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Freedom Fighter's All Star Superman homage

I thought this was kind of amusing. Overman has appeared in the FF book and they do an origin recap in the form of a twisted retelling of Morrison's All Star origin.

https://www.cbr.com/freedom-fighters...perman-homage/

Since Morrison created Overman in the Mutliversity series, I guess the creators thought this would be a good "homage" to him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Does this take place in the same world shown in Multiversity? I thought it all came to a resolution there?

Visually it doesn't look like it. And the one in Multiversity seemed somewhat repentant of his Nazi past. This one seems to be a full on true believer. At least based on the cover.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Visually it doesn't look like it. And the one in Multiversity seemed somewhat repentant of his Nazi past. This one seems to be a full on true believer. At least based on the cover.
    I'm pretty sure this series takes place in the Multiversity universe, and there's a big twist in the latest issue re: Overman (and his repentance vs being a "true believer"). Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Does this take place in the same world shown in Multiversity? I thought it all came to a resolution there?
    Yes it does. It takes place chronologically after Morrison’s issue I believe. I really enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Spoilers for a reveal last issue:
    spoilers:
    It’s Heinrich Himmler, the Cyborg-Overman created by the Reich to compensate for the real Overman abandoning the Earth. The repentant Overman still very much exists
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes it does. It takes place chronologically after Morrison’s issue I believe. I really enjoy it.

spoilers:
    It’s Heinrich Himmler, the Cyborg-Overman created by the Reich to compensate for the real Overman abandoning the Earth. The repentant Overman still very much exists
    end of spoilers
    That makes a lot more sense! Thank you!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Close, although it isn't the spoilers:
    real-world Heinrich Himmler, but rather this world's Cyborg Superman -- Heinrich Henshaw.
    end of spoilers
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.