Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Could Melkor corrupt narutoverse?

melkor arrives in narutoverse (current) to corrupt him, would he succeed? How long would it take?
    Melkor is with its 100% intact power.
    without knowledge
    Without help
    Melkor is 30 years, 4 months and 25 days old to accomplish his goal.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean, without any Ainur or some kind of one-above-all type god, there's presumably nothing stopping Melkor from just stepping outside and singing at the world from whatever higher plane.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member

I mean. Yeah. Probably pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by snoke123 View Post
    melkor arrives in narutoverse (current) to corrupt him, would he succeed? How long would it take?
    Melkor is with its 100% intact power.
    without knowledge
    Without help
    Melkor is 30 years, 4 months and 25 days old to accomplish his goal.
    How do you think he would do? Just curious.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, would he really need to do anything?

I'm not really familiar with Boruto, but despite Naruto's aspirations of being Ninja Jesus, the world's economies still seem to be heavily based around societies of assassin-spies who have been trained to kill since childhood, who also have multiple types of WMDs spread through them, which they occasionally use to try and genocide one another, with random serial killers who are also WMDs that enjoy committing things like mass genetic experimentation just wandering around, Mengele-ing it up all over the place.

Melkor could probably just pull up a deck chair and do nothing but order coconut drinks the entire time, and still have a good chance of being able to see the society become Mordor by itself within the time limit.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-25-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Is this another thread where snoke123 has stacked the odds against the Naruto series thus creating a deliberate stomp thread which are actually not allowed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Is this another thread where snoke123 has stacked the odds against the Naruto series thus creating a deliberate stomp thread which are actually not allowed here?
    Yeah it is. I think the only thing snoke123 does on the forum is post deliberate stomp threads against the Naruto series.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, would he really need to do anything?

I'm not really familiar with Boruto, but despite Naruto's aspirations of being Ninja Jesus, the world's economies still seem to be heavily based around societies of assassin-spies who have been trained to kill since childhood, who also have multiple types of WMDs spread through them, which they occasionally use to try and genocide one another, with random serial killers who are also WMDs that enjoy committing things like mass genetic experimentation just wandering around, Mengele-ing it up all over the place.

Melkor could probably just pull up a deck chair and do nothing but order coconut drinks the entire time, and still have a good chance of being able to see the society become Mordor by itself within the time limit.
    That'd be the case with Sauron, I think, but Melkor doesn't really have any ideology outside of self-aggrandizement. I think it'd be more important to him to make everything be ABOUT him, which he could totally do.

That said, if he's forced to actually compete in the setting itself... I think he's probably still a step below what's-her-face, the last boss of Naruto-evil moon goddess lady, in terms of immediate offensive powers, and she might have him beat for esoterica too. So I don't know what's happening in Naruto NOW, but if he showed up in the original series, things might have eventually gone bad for him. Again, only if he actually has to be on the planet as he did with Middle Earth though.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    That'd be the case with Sauron, I think, but Melkor doesn't really have any ideology outside of self-aggrandizement. I think it'd be more important to him to make everything be ABOUT him, which he could totally do.

That said, if he's forced to actually compete in the setting itself... I think he's probably still a step below what's-her-face, the last boss of Naruto-evil moon goddess lady, in terms of immediate offensive powers, and she might have him beat for esoterica too. So I don't know what's happening in Naruto NOW, but if he showed up in the original series, things might have eventually gone bad for him. Again, only if he actually has to be on the planet as he did with Middle Earth though.
    he does not need to get involved.

Extraordinary Member

he does not need to get involved.
    In short, you're denying the Naruto world the only way they could actually win this scenario.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    In short, you're denying the Naruto world the only way they could actually win this scenario.
    based on what?

Disregarding Kaguya, current Naruto has people cutting the moon in half and other such silliness. I think it's safe to say they can take a straight physical fight with him, at least.

Extraordinary Member

based on what?
    Apparently he can just sit around and that'll auto-corrupt the world for him.

So if he doesn't need to get involved and fight anybody how are they going to deal with him?

And why do you keep making threads that the Naruto world can't really win?

So this is melkor without using the majority of his power to **** up middle Earth? iirc Melkor at full power outmatches all the Valar combined. Maybe he can use all hispower to change Naruto earth, but just him I think he can take the setting.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I mean, without any Ainur or some kind of one-above-all type god, there's presumably nothing stopping Melkor from just stepping outside and singing at the world from whatever higher plane.
    Melkor is a bit of a dork this way. As villains go, he falls into the 'sleazy narcissist' category.

My issue with him actually leaving the world and trying to do anything from 'outside' is that he hasn't done so in the past. The business about the Ainur singing the universe into being gets misinterpreted a lot. They didn't actually make the universe. They sang a song, and Ilúvatar showed them an image of what their song meant. Then Ilúvatar -- NOT the Ainur -- said 'Okay, now it is' and made it into something real.

They then went down and basically carved the planet up to look like they figured it should look. But they didn't sing it into creation.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    So this is melkor without using the majority of his power to **** up middle Earth? iirc Melkor at full power outmatches all the Valar combined. Maybe he can use all hispower to change Naruto earth, but just him I think he can take the setting.
    I'm dubious of full power Melkor being stronger than all of the other Valar together. Sure, if we go to the rewrite that Tolkien PLANNED on doing (and started), that would be the case; but in the first go, it was basically 'Melkor is more powerful than any of them', not 'all' of them.

He's also a horrific coward, which might actually apply as this is a scenario.

Like I said: sleazy villain.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate