Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

We'll see. The characters certainly aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just read this book. Sad to see it end, but I think it ended on a solid and open note. Who knows where things will be once Hickman takes over and leads the next relaunch. I'm sure Laura will have a place in it. I hope Gabby and Jonathan do as well. They've certainly proven themselves with this series and All-New Wolverine. Definitely worth picking up.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

I liked it

spoilers:
    honey badger is dead long live scout and the x Turkey
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-29-2019 at 05:19 AM.

spoilers:
    That was a resounding, eh. Can't say I'm a fan of the name change, she hadn't had Honey Badger for long and going from something as colorful as that to something so aggressively banal as Scout. Maybe if it had been jumping off from a better story, but even if X-assassin hadn't been a mess of continuity errors, it would have still been an exercise in uncompelling squandered potential... honestly the second half if this series wasn't worth picking up.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nazrel; 05-29-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm going to miss this series so much. But I hope it sets the stage for a larger Wolverine family of books down the line.
    Is there anything you don’t like?

How can u miss this poor series?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Laura outsold Rogue, Domino and Shuri.

I have no regrets.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    spoilers:
    That was a resounding, eh. Can't say I'm a fan of the name change, she hadn't had Honey Badger for long and going from something as colorful as that to something so aggressively banal as Scout. Maybe if it had been jumping off from a better story, but even if X-assassin hadn't been a mess of continuity errors, it would have still been an exercise in uncompelling squandered potential... honestly the second half if this series wasn't worth picking up.
    end of spoilers
    I kind of agree. The last arc or two were something of a letdown. Besides largely being retreads of the superior Four Sisters, it just didn't feel like there was a lot of weight behind it.

We could’ve had spoilers:
    Talon and Scout. I’m going to miss Gabby’s codename because it spoke to her character. Taking on the name of a boring cliche in a story that was literally a retread of the first arc of a previous book sucks. Also this codename foreshadows Laura never getting separated from this goblin.
    end of spoilers

I wouldn't be surprised if that gets undone when Gabby next appears after Age of X-Man. spoilers:
    Also, this is almost certainly a continuity error, as X-23 is set before the new Champions run, which mentioned "Honey Badger" in the first issue as one of the team's new reinforcement members. Champions #3 takes place after UXM #10, but only a week after Champions #1/LGY#28. So Gabby changed her name in that week?
    end of spoilers

And what does Tom Taylor think, I wonder?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    While the old name was certainly more appropriate for the character as is, going to something more straight would be good if they wanted to make Laura's book harsher again while keeping X-Twitter's Lovechild/CBR's Scrappy around.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm really disappointed in the final issue and in the name change....

And what does Tom Taylor think, I wonder?
    I was thinking the same... Everyone loved the name Honey Badger so much, it was one one of the highlights of the previous series, there were tons of tweets for Taylor long after it, why was this weak name change even necessary? I do hope it will be ignored in future comics and that Tamaki won't continue writing Laura and Gabby... Honey Badger is much more fitting for Gabby's personality and much more memorable.

BANNED

This book ended describing itself. A lame turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I kind of agree. The last arc or two were something of a letdown. Besides largely being retreads of the superior Four Sisters, it just didn't feel like there was a lot of weight behind it.
    Yea and the fact that the “clones” in this turn out to be spoilers:
    turkeys
    end of spoilers felt a bit anticlimactic. Also on the note of comparing the Four Sisters arc to the last 2 in here, I find it’s kinda messed up that they referenced both Zelda and the cyborg clone as their sisters but there’s no mention of Bellona.

spoilers:
    I do agree that this entire maxi was showing Gabby’s transition from teenybopper, adorkable X-kid into her own developed person. I just wish the name wasn’t so...generic? Maybe she should’ve been called Talon. It would’ve also fit in with the turkey thing going on this issue, too
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    spoilers:
    I do agree that this entire maxi was showing Gabby’s transition from teenybopper, adorkable X-kid into her own developed person. I just wish the name wasn’t so...generic? Maybe she should’ve been called Talon. It would’ve also fit in with the turkey thing going on this issue, too
    end of spoilers
    wait that's actually brilliant please sell your soul to JDW so we can do this
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate