Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    being fair we still dont know if there is a marriage
    Yeah, we don't know. IF that's the thing he was talking about that was the "generation changing" event, they may not let him do it, OR they may be letting him do it but they just didn't want 15 issues of a BatCat relationship story taking up the main Batman line, so they gave him a separate book for it. It could be that they want to go back to more typical Batman stories in the main line, and he wants to do some big relationship driven coda to his arc and they didn't want it to take place there (or Harras doesn't, since he doesn't like King's style apparently).

The Batman/Catwoman book is 100% canon apparently, so marriage could still happen. A wedding may even spin the book off, who knows.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-25-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Yeah, we don't know. IF that's the thing he was talking about that was the "generation changing" event, they may not let him do it, OR they may be letting him do it but they just didn't want 15 issues of a BatCat relationship story taking up the main Batman line, so they gave him a separate book for it. It could be that they want to go back to more typical Batman stories in the main line, and he wants to do some big relationship driven coda to his arc and they didn't want it to take place there (or Harras doesn't, since he doesn't like King's style apparently).

The Batman/Catwoman book is 100% canon apparently, so marriage could still happen. A wedding may even spin the book off, who knows.
    This is exactly what im thinking too
    Wedding happens on 85 then the book is the "married life" which on itself would be extremely important and definitely a massive change

and they just move it to a separated book because they think that might get more sales by using Batman for a different conduct

this is marketing mixed with some office politics

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is Selina’s ongoing still on? That’s all I really care about.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is Selina’s ongoing still on? That’s all I really care about.
    yeah, it will still be going
    but no one knows how it will work along side B/C

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yes! I am so glad to see Mann and King together for his last arc on this.

Incredible Member

And now King himself has confirmed on twitter that it's 100% in continuity, fully canon, etc. In case anyone still wasn't sure.

I honestly wonder if he's still allowed to do the big change, if it really was the wedding and if they just didn't want 15 issues of the relationship story taking up the main line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    And now King himself has confirmed on twitter that it's 100% in continuity, fully canon, etc. In case anyone still wasn't sure.

I honestly wonder if he's still allowed to do the big change, if it really was the wedding and if they just didn't want 15 issues of the relationship story taking up the main line.
    It'll be retconned as soon as he is out of the door. Current day DC editorial are not fans of marriages like the writers of Batwoman and Aquaman have found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It'll be retconned as soon as he is out of the door. Current day DC editorial are not fans of marriages like the writers of Batwoman and Aquaman have found out.
    Batman Inc. parallels aside
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I am a occasional Batman reader at best, but I am definitely going to pick this up. I am really interested to see Batman and Catwoman as the dynamic duo of Gotham, let all the villains beware, the Bat and the Cat are coming for you all.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I would love a Batman book like this that captures Batman & Catwoman's chemisty so well.

But I've always hoped they don't marry. And I don't think they will marry given this new title venue. Batman would only marry in the pages of Batman.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I would love a Batman book like this that captures Batman & Catwoman's chemisty so well.

But I've always hoped they don't marry. And I don't think they will marry given this new title venue. Batman would only marry in the pages of Batman.
    Couldn't that still happen as a way to spin the book off? Or even in an annual or a one shot or something? I kind of suspect that's what will happen. IF he got permission to marry them.

BANNED

well it will be interesting to see how the solos of both characters are affected by the maxi series. whether the writers are going to ignore the maxi series as it being set up after a undefined period of time(one year later style) where the kings version of them don't count for much or it will be sporadically referred to and paid lip service. anyway king won't be mad if his big change is ignored/retconed or not able to materialize as he made it clear in his interview that someone else reworking his stories without permission/giving credit is what truly makes him mad.

Fantastic Member

Tom Kings batman was the worst in decades when it came to being an effective crime fighter. While his catwoman seems to be the one that had the multiple marital arts training and competence and investigative skills that his version of batman lacks and emotional control as well. That is why I will treat his story as an alternative universe and ignore it hopefully the other writers who come afterward will do the same

BATMAN&CATWOMAN..

I am surprised to see that King continues with this after what happened in the wedding.. The people who wanted this were dissapointed once..

I am neutral in this. I am not in favour or against this relation but.. Why create this serie now? To dissapoint this people again?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-27-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Incredible Member

I used to like them together but Kings writing killed that for me. The way he wrote their relationship was toxic. He felt he had to build Catwoman up by making Batman useless and it was just ****. He wrote them in a way they had never been before, instead of two strong characters coming together one clearly dominated the other. He made the titular character secondary in his own book. I honestly can’t believe they are allowing him a 12 issue series to butcher this relationship further.