Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, this is basically what we have...

This is basically "Trying to put some meat on the bones of a rumor based on almost nothing..."

Meanwhile...

This actually makes sense, and the "Rumor..." outfit pointed that out in the article in that link.

Some of this stuff seems more reasonable. Some of it, far less so.

Never mind that one of King's regular creative partners essentially posted "Don't sweat it. I know a little, and it's all gonna work itself out fine." when everybody was going Chicken Little.

Again, it points to what Inversed mentioned being far more likely while everything else is based on almost zip.
    Lol. Whatever man. You say one makes sense while the other doesn’t and both are based off of rumors and different takes of the same information. You see the one that fits your desires to be more credible because of your personal bias. As far as his friend saying it was all gonna be ok, what was he going to say? Lol. You can try to spin it however you like, doesn’t mean you’re right. Same goes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Lol. Whatever man. You say one makes sense while the other doesn’t and both are based off of rumors and different takes of the same information. You see the one that fits your desires to be more credible because of your personal bias. As far as his friend saying it was all gonna be ok, what was he going to say? Lol. You can try to spin it however you like, doesn’t mean you’re right. Same goes for me.
    Luckily, no one is saying "I'm right."

As for "Spin...", there is none in what Inversed posted and what King's creative partner posted. There is what actually happened.

So, no. It's not the same.

The one Inveresed laid out has what is(and has) actually happened to back it up.

This other take? I haven't seen anything except rumor to point to that it is anything except "Rumor..."

Talon1load not liking Tom King's Batman is enough evidence to support the theory that Harras also hated it enough to fire King over Didio's head.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

It's totally in line with how Harras ran Marvel in the 90s. Or how he treated Mark Waid when he was on Captain America. Furthermore the Bateditorial office has some degree of autonomy from the rest of DC and the recent actions like with putting Lobdell on Nightwing points to Harras trying to chip away at that autonomy. I think one of their editors losing out on Wonder Woman to the Superman office is more evidence of dc editorial trying to reassert itself over bat editorial as is the rumor of Bendis getting the main Batman book.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-31-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Luckily, no one is saying "I'm right."

As for "Spin...", there is none in what Inversed posted and what King's creative partner posted. There is what actually happened.

So, no. It's not the same.

The one Inveresed laid out has what is(and has) actually happened to back it up.

This other take? I haven't seen anything except rumor to point to that it is anything except "Rumor..."
    Yep, nothing I said is a "rumour", just taking all the facts we actually know about and piecing together to the most logical conclusion. The situation is almost certainly more complicated than I'm guessing, but all that info just paint a picture that appears much more positive than negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's totally in line with how Harras ran Marvel in the 90s. Or how he treated Mark Waid when he was on Captain America. Furthermore the Bateditorial office has some degree of autonomy from the rest of DC and the recent actions like with putting Lobdell on Nightwing points to Harras trying to chip away at that autonomy. I think one of their editors losing out on Wonder Woman to the Superman office is more evidence of dc editorial trying to reassert itself over bat editorial as is the rumor of Bendis getting the main Batman book.
    The thing is, there is no real basis behind the rumour of Bendis taking over the main book other than "It's Bendis."

If we're going by the rumours, that they got rid of him because they didn't like the book's direction, then that seems very much like code for wanting to keep an extra close eye on the follow up, to make sure not to not do anything "too radical". Also, kind of like with Marvel and Amazing Spider-Man, DC wants Batman to be the writer's main priority, and as well all know with Bendis, the dude writes like 6 books a month, and he's not gonna give all that up so soon. Especially when he'd only be a year and a half into Superman, the book that made him come to DC in the first place.

Bendis will most likely than not write main Batman eventually (he's already technically written Batman books in DC#1000, Batman Universe, and Event Levithian anyway), this just seems way too soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The thing is, there is no real basis behind the rumour of Bendis taking over the main book other than "It's Bendis."
    I would agree except the fact that Tom King was taken off the main Batbook. Since Bendis came to DC, there are people who have been saying that something like this would happen and that Bendis would take over for King. I thought these were conspiracy theories until the recent business with King.

I would agree except the fact that Tom King was taken off the main Batbook. Since Bendis came to DC, there are people who have been saying that something like this would happen and that Bendis would take over for King. I thought these were conspiracy theories until the recent business with King.
    If Bendis wasn't also writing BOTH Superman books, and Young Justice, and rumoured to write a JSA or Legion book, and whatever other Wonder Comics and Jinxworld projects he has planned, then I would agree, but right now it seems like he has too much on his plate to also have the MAIN Batman book included. Plus like I mentioned, he's not exactly hurting for Batman books this year alone.

I agree that him writing the main book is eventuality, it just seems like it could be way too soon at this point.

Fantastic Member

Bendis will be on the batman books amazon already has it on there coming out in trad march 2020
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    Bendis will be on the batman books amazon already has it on there coming out in trad march 2020
    That’s the collection of the Walmart series he’s been doing with Nick Derington

Which we now have a perfectly reasonable potential reason for that has nothing to do with creating a spot for anyone to take over the title.

There are plenty of scenarios where DC is doing nothing underhanded. You have to really reach and build things up to create an even passable scenario where the opposite is what is happening.

Incredible Member

Which we now have a perfectly reasonable potential reason for that has nothing to do with creating a spot for anyone to take over the title.

There are plenty of scenarios where DC is doing nothing underhanded. You have to really reach and build things up to create an even passable scenario where the opposite is what is happening.
    That means rumor. You’ve created a potential reason, rumor, that you like better than the other “potential reasons” you don’t.

That means rumor. You’ve created a potential reason, rumor, that you like better than the other “potential reasons” you don’t.
    No.

It goes from "Rumor" to reason once things actually are happening. Namely, King being put on writing a film. Once things are actually happening "Rumor..." is out the window. You have actions instead of rumors that have absolutely nothing to back them up.

The idea that he was taken off of the title because the had an issue with his run? That is still rumor with nothing to back it up while the fact the his run will actually proceed almost exactly as planned while he moves on to the film is actual reality.

A reality that clearly undercuts the idea that there was any issue with his run. To put it lightly.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-02-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Besides, what we were doing isn't even a "Rumour", its Speculation based on actual facts. We aren't parading around an idea as straight up the truth based on unconfirmed heresay, but instead using deduction and what we actually know to perceive of the most logical answer, which is "He gets hired to write a big DC movie at the same time its announced he's leaving his big DC book." One decision almost certainly resulted in the other, and I think its fair to say him leaving Batman because he got New Gods is the MUCH likelier result than him being given New Gods to make up for getting kicked off of Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Besides, what we were doing isn't even a "Rumour", its Speculation based on actual facts. We aren't parading around an idea as straight up the truth based on unconfirmed heresay, but instead using deduction and what we actually know to perceive of the most logical answer, which is "He gets hired to write a big DC movie at the same time its announced he's leaving his big DC book." One decision almost certainly resulted in the other, and I think its fair to say him leaving Batman because he got New Gods is the MUCH likelier result than him being given New Gods to make up for getting kicked off of Batman.
    Unrelated question, are you British? You spelled rumor “romour”, is that a British or European old English spelling? Anyway, when you speculate in a public manner p, it becomes a rumor. You can base it off of whatever information you believe to be reliable p, but without confirmation, it’s just a rumor. Perhaps a well informed rumor but a rumor non the less.

Unrelated question, are you British? You spelled rumor “romour”, is that a British or European old English spelling? Anyway, when you speculate in a public manner p, it becomes a rumor. You can base it off of whatever information you believe to be reliable p, but without confirmation, it’s just a rumor. Perhaps a well informed rumor but a rumor non the less.
    No, it doesn't.

It remains a pattern of things that have actually happened. Which is the opposite of a rumor.