Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    BC can't be bothered to proofread the articles before publishing for spelling/punctuation/grammatical errors...I don't think we can expect BC to fact check better lol
    Oh, I'm not expecting that they will but that doesn't really change the fact that they probably should do so. (They should also proofread but then again a lot of news outlets have trouble with even doing that much these days.)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel like honestly, if DC and King had their way, we wouldn't have found out about this until like September or October, considering it wouldn't really make sense to announce a new book like this that wouldn't be coming out till over half a year, and especially since its kind of a big spoiler regarding his story.

And don't forget, King also has his secret TV project that more likely than not will move forward eventually, and if writing that pilot made him miss out on 2 issues, I can only imagine how much time a whole film script (especially on the scale as New Gods) would take. So all of that, plus whatever the Mitch Gerads project he's also doing, it makes sense why he wouldn't have time to write a double shipping Batman book next year, so giving him the side book seems like the best of both worlds.

In retrospect, it is kind of funny to think that one of the big speculations is the higher ups kicked him off the book because they don't like his work, and then go ahead and hire him to co-write one of their big up-and-coming multi-million dollar film projects.
    Like Godlike13 said comics and TV a very different departments and they are run by different people. Just because he got picked up to write a show doesn’t mean the higher ups at DC don’t hate his Batman direction. Still, until and unless anyone confirms anything, it’s all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Like Godlike13 said comics and TV a very different departments and they are run by different people. Just because he got picked up to write a show doesn’t mean the higher ups at DC don’t hate his Batman direction. Still, until and unless anyone confirms anything, it’s all speculation.
    Except what I'm referring to is all of that speculation from BC and other websites was that King got pushed off of Batman because the higher ups beyond just the comics division (DC Entertainment as a whole) didn't like the direction it was going and so agreed the push off. And as its become very clear, said higher ups have become much more invested and hands on regarding alot of certain decisions in the comics division, which is why it was so believable to us.

But as shown here, hiring him to write one of their next films, something that is 10x a priority to them than comics, pretty much adds cadence to the theory they had a problem with him being mostly false. How much of it is exactly false? We won't be sure until more things are said, but at this moment as more pieces are falling into place, it seems more likely than not this is more than just "didn't like his book".

Incredible Member

Except what I'm referring to is all of that speculation from BC and other websites was that King got pushed off of Batman because the higher ups beyond just the comics division (DC Entertainment as a whole) didn't like the direction it was going and so agreed the push off. And as its become very clear, said higher ups have become much more invested and hands on regarding alot of certain decisions in the comics division, which is why it was so believable to us.

But as shown here, hiring him to write one of their next films, something that is 10x a priority to them than comics, pretty much adds cadence to the theory they had a problem with him being mostly false. How much of it is exactly false? We won't be sure until more things are said, but at this moment as more pieces are falling into place, it seems more likely than not this is more than just "didn't like his book".
    It doesn’t though. They could hate the direction of his Batman but still like his writing on something else. I’m not saying that is the reason but you can’t, with any amount of certainty, claim to know it’s false either.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Oh, I'm not expecting that they will but that doesn't really change the fact that they probably should do so. (They should also proofread but then again a lot of news outlets have trouble with even doing that much these days.)
    Oh, I agree. The problem with BC is Rich Johnson is the only writer, right? I think we can all agree that BC is a blog, not a news outlet, and with only 1 writer (who happens to be the owner, I assume) there's nobody to read his "articles" (blog posts) before he clicks submit. With real outlets, the ones who don't feel the need to constantly remind their readers about that story they got right that time, they have editors who oversee a ton of content and ocassionally things will slip through. At BC, I think the blog posts should at least be typed up in a Word document first...it won't catch everything, but those little red squiggly lines usually indicate a problem.

If you can't tell, I can't stand BC So incredibly amateurish, I honestly have no clue why "insiders" ever talk to him. But then, the blog posts are wrong or at the least inaccurate most of the time, so maybe the "insiders" are just buddies who make a lot of guesses. Broken clocks are right twice a day, as they say.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

It doesn’t though. They could hate the direction of his Batman but still like his writing on something else. I’m not saying that is the reason but you can’t, with any amount of certainty, claim to know it’s false either.
    The company is making sure that his run will largely go as planned. Never mind that he is clearly being handed additional high-level work.

The idea that they "Could Hate..." his Batman run is backed by almost nothing.

Everything that the company is doing(making certain that it will pretty well go as King planned) points clearly to the idea that they "Could Hate..." the direction being false. If it were otherwise, they were absolutely in a position to make sure that it never came out. Which is obviously not what they did.

Actually the rumors insinuated that it was senior members in the comics department that made the decision, even mentioning Harras and his dislike of the run specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Actually the rumors insinuated that it was senior member in the comics department that made the decision, even mentioning Harras and his dislike of the run specifically.
    Again...

Rumor says it is disliked while the reality is that it will essentially proceed as planned.

"Rumor" feels like it is on far less than solid footing.

Just clarifying the rumor, not saying anything about whether it’s true or not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again...

Rumor says it is disliked while the reality is that it will essentially proceed as planned.

"Rumor" feels like it is on far less than solid footing.
    Currently everything is a rumor. Them moving the story to a different title where they may l8mit he impact on continuity if they so decide could be an indicator that the rumor is true. Could not. We’ll have to wait and see if King is allowed to make whatever changes he had planned to know the truth.

Currently everything is a rumor. Them moving the story to a different title where they may l8mit he impact on continuity if they so decide could be an indicator that the rumor is true. Could not. We’ll have to wait and see if King is allowed to make whatever changes he had planned to know the truth.
    When you actually look at it, not really.

King was on a late night talk show in front of God and everybody talking about the he was taking a break from the title for a "Secret" reason. Now, this rumor turns up...

- https://twitter.com/bleedingcool/sta...47690882961410

Some of the "Maybe?" scenarios here make sense. On the other hand, some of them don't even come close to adding up when you look at anything outside of the "Rumor..."

Incredible Member

King was on a late night talk show in front of God and everybody talking about the he was taking a break from the title for a "Secret" reason. Now, this rumor turns up...

Some of the "Maybe?" scenarios here make sense. On the other hand, some of them don't even come close to adding up when you look at anything outside of the "Rumor..."
    HA. He was also on shows talking about the wedding. He’s known to lie.

Which talk show did King go on recently? I follow him pretty closely and didn't hear about it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I believe the interview you are thinking of was a few months ago when he mentioned that he was taking a break (ie: skipping 2 issues) in order to finish writing his secret TV project.

I don't think it is a coincidence at all that the rumblings about him leaving the book, and then him being officially hired to write the New Gods movie, happened within about a week of each other, and knowing how Hollywood hirings actually work this deal has probably been talked about for a while now.

So at this point, it seems more likely than not that DC and King agreed on the deal to let him write the movie, but knowing that he wouldn't have time to write the movie AND the next 15-20 issues within the span of 8-10 months as well, they decided to have him leave the book and finish the story in the smaller scale monthly side book, but the word that he was leaving spread through the offices until it got leaked out with incomplete info.

Again, we won't know for sure, but now that seems to make the most sense. King seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't take getting kicked off his book for personal reasons, and giving him the New Gods movie is nothing something they would do to "make up for it".

So, this is basically what we have...

HA. He was also on shows talking about the wedding. He’s known to lie.
    This is basically "Trying to put some meat on the bones of a rumor based on almost nothing..."

Meanwhile...

I believe the interview you are thinking of was a few months ago when he mentioned that he was taking a break (ie: skipping 2 issues) in order to finish writing his secret TV project.

I don't think it is a coincidence at all that the rumblings about him leaving the book, and then him being officially hired to write the New Gods movie, happened within about a week of each other, and knowing how Hollywood hirings actually work this deal has probably been talked about for a while now.

So at this point, it seems more likely than not that DC and King agreed on the deal to let him write the movie, but knowing that he wouldn't have time to write the movie AND the next 15-20 issues within the span of 8-10 months as well, they decided to have him leave the book and finish the story in the smaller scale monthly side book, but the word that he was leaving spread through the offices until it got leaked out with incomplete info.

Again, we won't know for sure, but now that seems to make the most sense. King seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't take getting kicked off his book for personal reasons, and giving him the New Gods movie is nothing something they would do to "make up for it".
    This actually makes sense, and the "Rumor..." outfit pointed that out in the article in that link.

Some of this stuff seems more reasonable. Some of it, far less so.

Never mind that one of King's regular creative partners essentially posted "Don't sweat it. I know a little, and it's all gonna work itself out fine." when everybody was going Chicken Little.

Again, it points to what Inversed mentioned being far more likely while everything else is based on almost zip.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 05-31-2019 at 01:41 PM.