Thread: The Watcher

Default The Watcher

Original Sin was the death of the Watcher, and possibly a portend of the end of the FF and the Multiverse. Nick Fury had determined that the Watcher was useful as long as Uatu prolonged his role of exploring all the Multiverse and giving Nick Fury vital intel on possible threats. As soon as the Watcher lost confidence in his fathers vision of interference, then Fury had no more use for a Watcher that stopped watching and killed him.

We know Nick Fury is still chained to the moon after Secret Wars, but, could Uatu be back, and can he release old Nick from his chains? I think the Watcher needs to be there for his son and his wife, and, Reed Richards could give Uatu renewed vigour to go after Uatu’s fathers vision again.

I like Uatu and Fury, but I like just letting some people stay dead even more.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I am in favor if them bringing him back and giving him a bigger role.
    Baby Thanos

It was ridiculous that Fury could kill a Watcher to begin with. I'd vote to have the entire thing swept under the rug.

Uatu's son should grow up without his father because it builds character.

BANNED

I wonder when are brashear and the FF going to meet the unseen.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Uatu was used as a crutch and isn't needed anymore. He's either doing the one thing he's not supposed to be doing or he's just there to point out how epic something is (which is fine except everyone likes to use him for that, which makes it seem far less epic). I love the Watcher as part of Marvel history, but I don't see the benefit of bringing him back.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Uatu was used as a crutch and isn't needed anymore. He's either doing the one thing he's not supposed to be doing or he's just there to point out how epic something is (which is fine except everyone likes to use him for that, which makes it seem far less epic). I love the Watcher as part of Marvel history, but I don't see the benefit of bringing him back.
    He should have never been killed in the first place, but I can't see how to bring him back without some eye-rollingly lame do-over. Marvel has done enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I miss Uatu. He was a crazy Watcher that pretty much matched how crazy the super heroes are, so he fits. He’s a wild one, doing what his father would have done - interfere when Uatu sees a badness coming Earths way. I think that’s what Reed Richards would Council Uatu if he feels his dad got it wrong. He didn’t, at least not for the 616 Earth. For the 616, Uatu was its friend, and without him, Civil War 11 May have gone differently. Reed just needs to find out Uatu hasn’t come back since Secret Wars 2015, then go Search for the Watcher.