Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Maybe something completely out of comics?? First, I recommend a few years of intense therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Would that be safe for the therapist?
    WOW.

Just...wow.

Grow up, you idiots.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I wonder how King would do if he took over Deathstroke for an arc or three?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    WOW.

Just...wow.

Grow up, you idiots.
    Lol. You’re calling someone on the forums an idiot while telling them to grow up. Do you not see the irony?

Astonishing Member

As much as I'd probably dislike it, Tom King seems like a good fit for a new Cyborg series. He's just the right amount of tragedy and with his Mother Box King might wanna further develop his connections to the Fourth World.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Lol. You’re calling someone on the forums an idiot while telling them to grow up. Do you not see the irony?
    That is a false equivalence and you know it.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-27-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That is a false equivalence and you know it.
    It’s not especially when I agree with what they said.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder how King would do if he took over Deathstroke for an arc or three?
    Considering that everyone involved with Slade is traumatized due to his manipulation of them, King might actually make something readable.

I hear a lot of complaints about King only writing about trauma. Doesn't Batman exist literally because Bruce Wayne was traumatized?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    WOW.

Just...wow.

Grow up, you idiots.
    Lol, don’t bother. Mods have made it clear personal attacks are allowed, especially towards King.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I hear a lot of complaints about King only writing about trauma. Doesn't Batman exist literally because Bruce Wayne was traumatized?
    Batman exists because of trauma yes, but that's not all that he is. It's not all that he's ever been. He used that trauma to make himself in to a force for good and justice and to protect others. King's Batman doesn't convey that at all. If Batman only dealt with trauma then people would have tired of him decades ago. Angst only goes so far.

Astonishing Member

It’s not especially when I agree with what they said.
    You agree that King requires intense therapy, but that there's a risk it would be dangerous for the therapist?

That's quite a silly thing to think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    You agree that King requires intense therapy, but that there's a risk it would be dangerous for the therapist?

That's quite a silly thing to think.
    LOL, touche. No, in all honesty, and this isn't me trying to be a dick or anything, but I do think he needs therapy. All of his comics are about trauma which would lead me to believe that he's still suffering from some trauma. He was in the war, I get it, I've spent years of my life in Iraq and Afghanistan, I know the hardships. I've almost died on numerous occasions. That can stick with you. Seeing the things that war does to others, sticks with you. With trauma and suicide constantly playing such big parts in his writing, I think it's pretty shitty to not suggest this guy seek some medical attention. I don't think he'd be a danger to his therapist, no, but if left unresolved bad stuff can happen. Saying someone needs therapy isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just don't want to see him work through his issues through Batman because I don't think that's the place to do it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Don't give him any of the big six. That being Aquaman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman.
    I read that Darkseid War one shot recently and it's absurd anyone would say King should be kept of a Green Lantern book at all costs. In one issue he nailed Hal's character in ways that Venditti never did.

Constantine needs to be written by a Brit? Maybe Batman should be written by a billionaire. That’s a weak ass excuse. That being said, it’s best that he doesn’t write a character that even he knows he doesn’t get. He should probably just avoid anyone in DC though. Maybe Image where he can make up his own sad and depressed characters.
    To write Constantine you should at least know what a Scouser is. Hellblazer being written by a Brit is a rite of passage and should be used to get new talent into DC.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-28-2019 at 03:50 PM.

A non-superhero book, maybe a Vertigo type book might be a good fit for him.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    I read that Darkseid War one shot recently and it's absurd anyone would say King should be kept of a Green Lantern book at all costs. In one issue he nailed Hal's character in ways that Venditti never did.
    I enjoyed the one-shot but I'm not sure if I want King to write Hal on an ongoing basis.