Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh, Titans would be funny.
    I would honestly love to see how he could dig them into an even deeper hole of despair and anguish.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'd like him to reconstruct a few characters he's left deconstructed. So Dick Grayson and Wally West. Titans or solos. No preference.
    King's never struck me as much of a reconstructionist writer.

Astonishing Member

Captain America
    Iron Man

I don't see him sticking around at DC.

Spectacular Member

He seems to like Hal, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he find himself on Green Lantern. After Morrison is done of course.
    That's probably the biggest franchise I can see him joining after Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Captain America
    Iron Man

He has an exclusive contract so he's not allowed. But if I was him I'd be wanting out as soon as possible knowing that Harras will always be over your shoulder to hinder your career (if rumours are correct ofc).

Astonishing Member

Oh, Titans would be funny.
    No way. The next Titans run needs to be as lighter, wacky and goofy as possible to make people forget about these past few years of darkness, despair, edge and character assassination. King has yet to prove that he can do a run that doesn't involve trauma and broken heroes.

Thanks to the editorial decisions, there aren't enough relevant Titans who aren't screwed or possibly getting screwed in the future to make a book anyways. The only ones who aren't screwed right now are Starfire, Raven and Terra. Knowing the editorial's distaste for the franchise and its characters,Beast Boy and Ms.Martian(or at least one of them) are going to be joining Donna as pawns of the Batman Who Laughs in the upcoming months. Upcoming solicits imply that Jericho and Rose are having heel turns as well. Everyone else is either dead, irrelevant or derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    King's never struck me as much of a reconstructionist writer.
    I don't see most writers at DC as reconstructionists.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    No way. The next Titans run needs to be as lighter, wacky and goofy as possible to make people forget about these past few years of darkness, despair, edge and character assassination. King has yet to prove that he can do a run that doesn't involve trauma and broken heroes.
    Honestly that Darkseid War Green Lantern one-shot was probably the most optimistic and happy thing from King I've ever read and the fact that it was a one-shot probably helped.

If he were on a Green Lantern ongoing I think people would find his take on Hal even more controversial.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Captain America
    Iron Man

He’s DC exclusive.

I don't know if it's cheating, because I listed some characters that don't have a title
    Wally West & his family (if they ever come back), though I'm not a fan of HiC, I think he can do wonders with a WW that has his family back
    Blue Beetle & Booster Gold in a title of their own
    Titans
    Cassandra Cain
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    He’s DC exclusive.
    For now.

Anybody remember how long that deal lasts until?

And, the more I think about it, the guy Tom King should be writing is:

Last edited by MajorHoy; 05-25-2019 at 04:37 PM.

BANNED

Hopefully his tv stuff works out so he leaves comics sooner than later, I wouldn't want him to **** up any more characters

He shouldn't get his hands on any book would be my honest answer. But if he did get a book, a limited series with a less well-known character would be best for him.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Daredevil would be great for King at Marvel, adding to the idea of him writing The Punisher. He certainly likes religion as a topic, and is a big fan of Frank Miller & Brian Michael Bendis, so I think he would be glad to write DD
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Daredevil would be great for King at Marvel, adding to the idea of him writing The Punisher. He certainly likes religion as a topic, and is a big fan of Frank Miller & Brian Michael Bendis, so I think he would be glad to write DD
    But I would want King to stay away from Daredevil!

(I don't want King screwing over another character I actually tend to like!)