Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So...can I ass-ume you went with young Andros?
    I did. And wait until you meet some of his "friends."

Jason become the main focus. He was stronger than Diana instead of equal to her. He became good than bad than good . He wasn’t a important character the way they wrote than. Also the fact Hippolyta did the deal without zeus. There was no indeed. Other issue is that they added a new character for no reason. They kept adding characters instead of focusing on already established characters. The fact Hippolyta abandoned him so easily

Jason was a bit of a mess to me, but I think I've found a way to retcon him and make him acceptable to me. It'll put him on a bit of a new trajectory, but I'm okay with that.

I caugh up on a couple of issues this AM and want to add Cadmus to the roster of returning, supporting guys from time to time.

I would feel that he shouldn’t be biologically related to Diana. They can’t keep adding him as a actually family when they keep ignoring him

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would feel that he shouldn’t be biologically related to Diana. They can’t keep adding him as a actually family when they keep ignoring him
    Why not? At this point Wonder Woman has a twin sister who was molded from the same clay, a twin sister born from her reflection, and a twin brother. Thats how twins work right?

If I were adding a brother to Diana's cast, I'd make him Hippolyta's firstborn son (and with an explicit instruction that his father is never mentioned), that she had to give up on Themyscira.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Why not? At this point Wonder Woman has a twin sister who was molded from the same clay, a twin sister born from her reflection, and a twin brother. Thats how twins work right?
    Donna came from as her twin sister than Nubia. Also Nubia was molded from black clay not the same .The main reason is because how dc throws on new characters and how they don’t respect anything about the old cast. Dc has of right now doesn’t respect her or her mythos many times. Also I don’t want him or Diana to be Zeus’s children. I rather have it be Hippolyta fallen in love with a man on paradise island.

We can’t have all these characters than dumped. The main supporting cast of Batman or Superman get to stay. Yet Diana doesn’t often get main characters to stay. If the simple fact Cassie Or Donna can’t be even tied to Diana anymore has of right now why would adding a brother help her? Why can’t he be her brother in the same way Amazons are her sisters? Spiritual bonding. With how dc is treating Diana it’s not fair to add him when they put him above any of her supporting cast.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-26-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I kind of want Heracles back as an anti-hero/villain (partially to juxtapose the Marvel version of Hercules) and its high time we have a Wonder Boy in the mix alongside Donna and Cassie. (Thankfully I have ideas for a Wonder Boy.)
    Superman has a long history of female legacies (starting with Supergirl, but including powered versions of Lois and Lana as 'Superwoman'), as does Batman with multiple Batgirls and Batwomen, so Diana, IMO, should be able to have inspired and trained some *male* legacies, who aren't any more ashamed and embarrassed by their looking up to Diana, than Kara or Kate are ashamed or embarrassed to wear the symbol of a famous dude-hero on their chests.

Indeed, she should have had them long before now. Being an inspiration and a symbol for others to rally around is kind of her thing, far more than it is for Batman.

I don’t mind a Wonder But much like robins I would want Donna, Cassie than Jason.

I loved Mike Schorr...still do.

As much a common sort as modern Etta Candy, Mike was noble of spirit and stood with Diana against the darkest forces of the Fourth World...against gods and devils! He respected Diana, as a fellow warrior, and never called her anything like 'Legs' or 'Angel'...pure respect. Even after he accepted that something would not allow her to act on what were clearly mutual feelings they had for each other, his friendship kept him by her side, ..literally to her death, at the hands of Neron. Good, Jewish cop [Cultural diversity!], ..he might be the best-written male friend that Wonder Woman has ever had.

Mike was the commander of an elite unit of Gateway City police officers, while Steve Trevor, by comparison, was a military guy. He was shorter, than Steve or Superman, and, while ruggedly handsome, ..decidedly unremarkable looking. Had John Byrne created him as a flawlessly handsome Adonis, rebelling against his aristocratic family, by being a cop, ..some of us may have forgotten about Steve, entirely [Me!].

For all my championing of him on the boards, I'm as guilty of underappreciating Mike Schorr, as anyone else. For the most shameful reasons...

The only thing wrong with Mike was a [Why, Byrne?] re-villainized Hercules, and the mystical root that he used to make Diana fall in love with him, first. Prior to Herc's meddling, she was clearly falling for Mike.

[George Perez's Hercules was forgiven by the Amazons and fought beside them, in WOGs. Never forget that!]
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-27-2019 at 03:27 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Superman has a long history of female legacies (starting with Supergirl, but including powered versions of Lois and Lana as 'Superwoman'), as does Batman with multiple Batgirls and Batwomen, so Diana, IMO, should be able to have inspired and trained some *male* legacies, who aren't any more ashamed and embarrassed by their looking up to Diana, than Kara or Kate are ashamed or embarrassed to wear the symbol of a famous dude-hero on their chests.

Indeed, she should have had them long before now. Being an inspiration and a symbol for others to rally around is kind of her thing, far more than it is for Batman.
    Superman and Batman's female legacies were created due to a dearth of original female superheroes. Remove the Batgirls, Huntresses, Batwomen, Power Girls and Super Girls and the number of female superheroes shrinks even further. Remove Jason and you still have a disproportionately large number of male superheroes. Not to mention, that the two legacies Diana has inspired barely interact with her nowadays and have been subject to even worse writing than usual for female superheroes. Almost as if they're being punished for being part of a female brand not a male one.

That's another thing: Supergirl and Batgirl were easier sells (in comparison) because they had the luxury of being attached to brands that DC/WB cared about a hell lot more. It's no coincidence we got a Supergirl movie before we got a Wonder Woman one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Superman and Batman's female legacies were created due to a dearth of original female superheroes. Remove the Batgirls, Huntresses, Batwomen, Power Girls and Super Girls and the number of female superheroes shrinks even further. Remove Jason and you still have a disproportionately large number of male superheroes. Not to mention, that the two legacies Diana has inspired barely interact with her nowadays and have been subject to even worse writing than usual for female superheroes. Almost as if they're being punished for being part of a female brand not a male one.

That's another thing: Supergirl and Batgirl were easier sells (in comparison) because they had the luxury of being attached to brands that DC/WB cared about a hell lot more. It's no coincidence we got a Supergirl movie before we got a Wonder Woman one.
    Supergirl and batgirl were created, because little girls asked for them or responded positively (bought comics, wrote letters) to them. Little boys, who read WW, by comparison, were not encouraged to express inspiration by or excitement about a female superheroine. Therefore, most of us probably didn't express interest in seeing a Wonder Boy or Mr. Wonder created [I didn't.], ..while secretly wondering what he might be like [I did.]. Truthfully, I don't think we wanted a guy in a matching costume, so much as to see a costumed, superhuman male, who had some association with Wonder Woman's story, occasionally join her adventures - Hercules would have done fine.

On TV, it was Andros and Bret Cassiday: the Man Who Couldn't Die.

It was very different world for little boy WW fans, Agent Z. Collecting the WW comic was always a conspicuous enterprise...

Hey, how did that WW comic get in there?
    Just picked it up with the other comics; it was there.
    Went to 7 Eleven, and there it was, Daddy!
    Wasn't looking for it, but, ..since it was there...
    Well, since I bought Batman and Superman...

Any boy expressing interest in a Wonder Boy or Man would have surely been met with scorn and worry, by his parents and teachers. There was a skinny, long-legged, little black boy, who used to twirl around, as a Wonder Boy, in playground games; "no such thing," we'd tell him, exchanging shifty, puzzled looks (including me). It seemed so wrong that he was happily parading around, as a boy hero, with a woman's name and powers - not at all, like the bookish little Batgirls and Bionic Women, whom we tolerated.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-27-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mike Schoor was TOO MUCH of an every-man and he seemed like a stand in for Byrne. I remember him as always asking questions about Diana's powers and telling her what she couldn't do. Unlike Ed Indelicato Mike Schoor was just the typical cop you'd see on any prime time police procedural. His religion was the only thing making him interesting.

How should have Jason been written? I feel once again DC kind of ruined him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How should have Jason been written? I feel once again DC kind of ruined him.
    He was ruined because DC had no idea about what they wanted him to be. If/when he ever gets used again, that writer will have to determine what his role is and branch out from there.