Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I liked Nemesis, Lennox and Ferdinand.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's another thing: Supergirl and Batgirl were easier sells (in comparison) because they had the luxury of being attached to brands that DC/WB cared about a hell lot more. It's no coincidence we got a Supergirl movie before we got a Wonder Woman one.
    I would argue that Lynda Carter's WW series was more prestigious and influential than Helen Slater's Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Donna came from as her twin sister than Nubia. Also Nubia was molded from black clay not the same.
    I thought he meant Deva.

I really like Deva

How should have Jason been written? I feel once again DC kind of ruined him.
    I once hoped that James Robinson would introduce Prince Jason, in a Huntress or Batwoman position to Diana's Wonder Woman. As he and Diana are the same age, he could be less of a protege, than Donna or Cassie, ..but, more of an alternative or variant lieutenant of the superheroine, who inspired him. I imagine Jason being the 'Wonder Woman' of Greece or of an American city, ..rather than playing costumed sidekick, however infrequently, to Wonder Woman.

I will always feel that Prince Jason should have come, in Wolverine fashion, fully-loaded with all the skills and history to make him a badass superhero and a fit partner for Diana, when the situation called for it. Basically, Jason, having so much politics against him even existing, had to come out of the narrative gate, impressing us, and that didn't happen. Instead, we were given a boy-man ingenue, who was hopelessly unequal to the task, and that was a great disappointment to even those, like myself, ..who were rallying for him.

I agree that Jason's role, beyond being in Diana's way, was unclear straight through that Children Of The Gods business, ..and that didn't go well for winning him fans. His role is still unclear, and the longer he's in mothballs, the longer there is for all of us to question, with great prejudice, if he should have any role to play in the Wonderverse, at all...myself included.

On a side note, conceptually, Prince Jason bears too much resemblance to another myth-inspired superman: Captain Marvel/Shazam. The focus on his Storm-ish, Zeus-inherited powers, though promising, failed to make a sufficient distinction. As much as I disdained it (and told James Robinson, as much)...maybe, Wonderstorm, for a name?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-02-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I really didn't love Jason's expansive power set and then ever-expanding powers once he got his armor. I kinda want to scrap him and start over. I don't mind derivative characters with similar power sets as variations on a theme, because it's their personality and POV that should make them standout versus their main hero.

To me, Robinson just didn't do his greatest work in adding depth or a richness to Jason's personality that made me interested and compelled to see what was going to happen to him next.

Not necessarily Robinson's fault as the revelation of Diana's sibling was foretold in another book (I'm assuming that story beat was inherited by Robinson) and he had to hook in a lot of other things outside the book (i.e. the Dark Gods) and try to make it all make sense under deadlines and undoubtedly with editorial input.

In my Wonder Woman Bible Series Thingee, Jason has a retconned origin and loses the armor (in a sense.)

And besides Steve and Jason, I have plans for reintroducing Achilles Warkiller, Ed Indelicato, Andros, Kevin Mayer, Hercules, Ferdinand, Cadmus, Trevor Barnes, General Phil Darnell, Keith Griggs, Sebastian Ballesteros, a new Wonder Boy, and some all-new guy characters.

What about I Ching? I never understood why DC never reintroduces him. I mean he doesn't need to teach Diana but others. Like Diana needs his help in other ways. He is a deference teaches. Maybe if we want the two to combine Chinese Wonder Woman was taught by I Ching

What about I Ching? I never understood why DC never reintroduces him. I mean he doesn't need to teach Diana but others. Like Diana needs his help in other ways. He is a deference teaches. Maybe if we want the two to combine Chinese Wonder Woman was taught by I Ching
    Oh he has come up a few times. He just doesn't get used in Wonder Woman.
    In post crisis hes mentioned as one of the people who trained Batman and could beat him in a fight. He winds up training the Robins in fighting so they could feasibly fight on equel footing with Batman.

Then New Super-man established him to be the embodiment of Ying (as in Ying Yang) and gave him a whole story line about having a twin brother and them both trying to tempt Kenan Kong to balance or imbalance.

I don't know how to feel about that. I mean Diana's has had supporting cast and villains being taken from her.

Well, Mizuno...there isn't really a gentile way to say this. The WW comic is presently edited by the Bat-editors and has been, since Infinite Crisis; so, basically, ..they swiped Ching for their books.

In an age, when 'woke culture' and multicultural and other diversity is spoken of, so often, ..I Ching brings age, racial AND cultural diversity to the WW comic. He is as knowledgeable of occult and supernatural, as of Bond-style, international intrigue. He is a perfect creature of the kind of high adventure stories this comic needs, ..but, WW writers find no use for him, even as a recurring ally. I do not understand that and have been rallying for his return to the comic, for many years.

Frankly, I'm surprised Brian Azzarello didn't use him, ..but, I think his Ares evolved into a modernized stand-in for Ching. Did you see that? Right down to his fighting stance in the cathedral battle with the First Born, ..Ares was clearly channeling I Ching.

As for Prince Jason...I would love to see him return to the comic, as a non-costumed adventurer, in the tradition of the Bionic Man or Doc Savage, especially, if he's to be called Wonder Man. He's got a mix of Storm's and wonder-powers, which make him a useful ally to Diana. Outfitted with an eagle or W-styled belt buckle or armbands, to carry the Wonder-brand, he could get by fine in a sweatshirt and jeans or jodhpurs...some kind of traditional men's outdoor wear.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-03-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I don't know how to feel about that. I mean Diana's has had supporting cast and villains being taken from her.
    Yeah, its a whole dumb problem. Like how Minister Blizzard has of all things become a Batman villain and Harley Quinn somehow made Egg-Fu work.

And thats not even going into the nonsense with the Amazons being progressivly watered down and the things that made them interesting being taken away and handed to other parts of the DC Universe.

But thats getting off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah, its a whole dumb problem. Like how Minister Blizzard has of all things become a Batman villain and Harley Quinn somehow made Egg-Fu work.

And thats not even going into the nonsense with the Amazons being progressivly watered down and the things that made them interesting being taken away and handed to other parts of the DC Universe.

Not to get too far off-topic, but tired of seeing the WW comic getting robbed of its characters - the Adjudicator, in JL, being the most recent and outrageos loss. Poison Ivy, the modern, metahuman Ivy, would be a GREAT Wonder Woman villain...is anybody shoehorning her into this comic to attract Bat-fans? Ras Al Ghul would be an even better fit for WW - Diana's arch-nemesis should totally be a female, metahuman Ras Al Ghul - but, I don't see him being yanked out of Batman, ..for WW.

Taking another page out of the Bat-comics, I think the WW comic, while needing a female character core, like the Di-Maggie-Phro thing, needs some interesting male regulars, ..other than [Snore...yawn.] Steve.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-03-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Take your pick. Having read nearly the entire history of Wonder Woman with some gaps in my knowledge, I can say with certainty that she has had something close to thirty different love interests over the years and at least three of them turned out to be supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I once hoped that James Robinson would introduce Prince Jason, in a Huntress or Batwoman position to Diana's Wonder Woman. As he and Diana are the same age, he could be less of a protege, than Donna or Cassie, ..but, more of an alternative or variant lieutenant of the superheroine, who inspired him. I imagine Jason being the 'Wonder Woman' of Greece or of an American city, ..rather than playing costumed sidekick, however infrequently, to Wonder Woman.

I will always feel that Prince Jason should have come, in Wolverine fashion, fully-loaded with all the skills and history to make him a badass superhero and a fit partner for Diana, when the situation called for it. Basically, Jason, having so much politics against him even existing, had to come out of the narrative gate, impressing us, and that didn't happen. Instead, we were given a boy-man ingenue, who was hopelessly unequal to the task, and that was a great disappointment to even those, like myself, ..who were rallying for him.

I agree that Jason's role, beyond being in Diana's way, was unclear straight through that Children Of The Gods business, ..and that didn't go well for winning him fans. His role is still unclear, and the longer he's in mothballs, the longer there is for all of us to question, with great prejudice, if he should have any role to play in the Wonderverse, at all...myself included.

On a side note, conceptually, Prince Jason bears too much resemblance to another myth-inspired superman: Captain Marvel/Shazam. The focus on his Storm-ish, Zeus-inherited powers, though promising, failed to make a sufficient distinction. As much as I disdained it (and told James Robinson, as much)...maybe, Wonderstorm, for a name?
    The direction you suggest for Jason is already occupied by Artemis of the Bana Mighdall.

That's the issue with Jason; nothing he brings to the table isn't already being done by anothet member of the WW family. Long lost sibling? Donna or Nubia. Child of Zeus? Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

Appearing in one Batman story does not make Blizzard a Batman villain and Egg Fu should have been confined to dust bin of comics history if qnyone at DC had sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The direction you suggest for Jason is already occupied by Artemis of the Bana Mighdall.

That's the issue with Jason; nothing he brings to the table isn't already being done by anothet member of the WW family. Long lost sibling? Donna or Nubia. Child of Zeus? Cassie.
    I don't see how Donna Troy brings anything to the WW comic that isn't already being done, by Wonder Woman. She is literally a poor man's Wonder Woman; yet, I can envision her being a GREAT, infrequently recurring ally for Diana, in the comic. The same logic applies to Prince Jason existing, somewhere in the Kuiper Belt of the Wonderverse - with Zola and Ching in Oliveburn, maybe - popping in, for the occasional team-up, and popping back out to his own cool situation, ..far away from Big Sis.

Honestly, I see Donna in Oliveburn and Jason taking over Herc's cottage in Twin Pea...I mean ..Elexinore. Donna, a small town doctor, and Jason, a professional adventurer - both, somewhere, away from Diana.

I see your point, but don't see how Jason doing his thing, off-panel - accruing his own fanbase, joining hero teams and guesting in other comics - hurts anything. Dude shows up in Suicide Squad or Hawkman, throws a hurricane at someone, flashes his Wonder-insignia or his silver bracelets ..and that smile...goes home. No harm.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-04-2019 at 02:07 AM.