Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Releases New Look at Josh Brolin as Thanos

As a special tag at the end of its look back at Phase 1 & 2, Marvel Studios released a first look and listen of Josh Brolin as Thanos.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Nice. He fits the character.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

He looked all CGI to me. Is Brolin actually getting in a suit or are they just using his face and voice I wonder.

like Ruffalo as the hulk, its mo-cap and face scan.

damn that video was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumandivine View Post

That's what I was thinking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumandivine View Post

The whole video, or the Thanos bit? Haven't watched it, but saw a picture on CBR, wherein he looked more blue than purple, which he seemed to be in Avengers.

Spectacular Member

I cannot understand a word that Thanos said. I wish Marvel would put in captions! LOL!!

Long-time loiterer

Quote Originally Posted by JLange View Post
    I cannot understand a word that Thanos said. I wish Marvel would put in captions! LOL!!
    "I will bathe the star-ways in your blood".
    I saw it in Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday; that was definitely one of the scenes I was looking forward to the most.

Looks pretty bad ass.

Amazing Member

I thought he looked good in GotG

Ultimate Member

I liked his look in GOTG, although they could have made his eyes a bit less human-looking. His voice was really good and you really bought why people like Ronan and Loki would be practically crapping themselves just by being in his presence.

Incredible Member

My only issue with thanos in the movie, was his voice. If that is the voice the director thinks will be iconic enough for the mad titan I don't know what else to say.

But seeing as that even far lower tier villains on television got treatment FAR beyond what was heard in the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

I am really worried.

Whoever they got to play thanos is not the right fit. He needs a more imposing voice, not a highly articulate and proper voice, and there needs to be effects to make it seem less... human. He's a freaking DEMIGOD.

Compare that voice of apocalypse, from deceased tv voice actor to what we got for thanos and every single one of you, to a man, will agree with me. Thanos voice rang hollow in comparison.

Ultimate Member

Except that Thanos SHOULD be articulate and intelligent. It makes him MORE menacing since he's clearly not just a rabid brute. If that guy said "I will paint the star ways in your blood" to me, I'd probably wet myself and immediately get AS FAR AWAY from him as physically possible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that Thanos SHOULD be articulate and intelligent. It makes him MORE menacing since he's clearly not just a rabid brute. If that guy said "I will paint the star ways in your blood" to me, I'd probably wet myself and immediately get AS FAR AWAY from him as physically possible.
    That was the wrong knock. It's ok for him to sound articulate and intelligent, but what apocalypse had and thanos did not, was a sense of POWER coursing throughout his being. Just hearing apocalypse voice conveyed a sense of an Ancient POWER. That needs to be there for thanos as well.

I can't say I was impressed with what I saw of Thanos in GOTG, but it was only a short scene.
    They can always refine his performance for future appearances, like they did with his looks compared to his Avengers cameo.

But I was actually way more annoyed at The Collector being treated almost like a joke, I don't mind that they made him a creepy weirdo but he should still be somewhat intimidating.
    Last edited by Iam Fear; 08-01-2014 at 05:16 PM.