FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK THIS SHOW IS JUST AN SJW POLEMIC - IT IS NOT.

It's friggin bonkers! I am really into this show so far because:
-- It really has fun with all the Watchmen references:
-- paparazzi using mothman wings to get good pics (reminded me of Bojack Horseman as well) I literally LOL at that scene.
-- the kid knocking down his magnetic playset a la Manhattan's palace on the moon collapsing
-- the newstand guy and New Pioneer
-- cops using all that Nite-Owl tech, from the ships to the goggles
-- that insane play Veidt wrote (which reminds me of the marionette play from "Doom Patrol" of Mr Nobody's origin, esp with the chamber)
-- Night's car disappearing into the sky only to drop from the sky at Silk Spectre's feet
-- etc.. there are a lot of references to the graphic novel.

-- This has set up a great mystery so far. Who knows if they can pay it off, but so far it's really intriguing to me.
-- I love Looking Glass - he's obviously a new Rorschach, from his unique mask, to his understated demeanor, his skill at interrogation in the pod, to how they show him eating with his mask half-lifted.
-- Hooded Justice!
-- Veidt's insane existence ... it reminds me of "Legion" with how seemingly odd and insane some of this shit is and how characters react to the weirdness.
-- Speaking of "Legion", Jean Smart has dialed in another awesome performance in geek genre here as "Agent Blake."

Rather than a retread of the graphic novel, this seems to me as a real story on its own that has a lot of fun with everything we know of Watchmen yet tells its own unique story while following up on what the graphic novel set up. (but not the movie, which the squids seem to imply)