Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: WATCHMEN on HBO

  1. #1
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,113

    Default WATCHMEN on HBO

    So who is planning on watching this on HBO this fall?

    What's the angle here? Rehashing the original comic? A sequel? A reboot?


  2. #2
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So who is planning on watching this on HBO this fall?

    What's the angle here? Rehashing the original comic? A sequel? A reboot?

    Well it's clearly not rehashing the comic.

    It looks like a really terrible heavy-handed social commentary piece that simply uses Watchmen imagery, ideas, memes, etc. Of course, purely speculating. But that's the impression that I got.

  3. #3
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,156

    Default

    Thought it was a sequel. Took place in the world after Manhattan killed rorshach and all those people.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thought it was a sequel. Took place in the world after Manhattan killed rorshach and all those people.
    Ditto.

    Its looks like its set in the 2019 version of the Watchmen world.

  5. #5
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Thought it was a sequel. Took place in the world after Manhattan killed rorshach and all those people.
    It probably does just not right after the movie probably more like the far future that's why ozymandias is older.

  6. #6
    Amazing Member PoorStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    58

    Default

    It's from the guy who wrote Lost and Prometheus. I'm not going to take the chance. Even if starts out good (like Lost) it's probably not going to end well. It's going to ask a lot questions and either not give answers or give really stupid answers. I don't know why Alan Moore always gets such poor adaptations.

    I wish the guy that did Fargo or someone else was doing this.

  7. #7
    Still flying
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    It's from the guy who wrote Lost and Prometheus. I'm not going to take the chance. Even if starts out good (like Lost) it's probably not going to end well. It's going to ask a lot questions and either not give answers or give really stupid answers. I don't know why Alan Moore always gets such poor adaptations.

    I wish the guy that did Fargo or someone else was doing this.
    He also did The Leftovers more recently and that was an amazing series.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Hard pass! No thanks!
    AKA FlashFreak

    Favorite Characters:

    DC:
    The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.

    MARVEL:
    Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), & Iron Man.

    Current Pulls:
    Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Shazam,Guardians of The Galaxy, Old Man Quill,Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, WOTR, & Spider-Man Life Story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •