Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Small/Big screen dependence of some characters?

STARGIRL BY GEOFF JOHNS TP
    written by GEOFF JOHNS and others
    art by LEE MODER, DAN DAVIS, SCOTT KOLINS, FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II and others
    photo cover
    When teenage Courtney Whitmore learns that her stepfather was the sidekick of the original Star Spangled Kid, she finds his old gear, dons the costume and becomes the all-new Star-Spangled Kid! Seeing no other alternative, Pat constructs an eight-foot-tall armored mechanical suit and takes on the codename S.T.R.I.P.E. to show her the ropes in the super-hero game! Collects STARS AND S.T.R.I.P.E. #0-14 and JSA ALL STARS #4.
    ON SALE 09.18.19
    $34.99 US | 416 PAGES
    The sollicitation for Stargirl by Johns.
    Ever since I'd read JSA omnibus vol. 1 and 2 (just ordered vol. 3) I wanted to know/read more regarding Courtney. I did some digging and I gathered info that Johns (the creator) had a run.
    Where I live, there aren't many back issues, result = I found no Stargirl issues/TPBs. Now with her upcoming tv-series, DC has decided to release a Stargirl TPB (which I'm grateful for).

Okay, so let's get to the point, I can't refrain myself from thinking that's it solely due to the release of her tv-series. I know this has been a thing for years for both DC and Marvel, but I really do think the situation will exerbate if this keeps going this way. It feels as if some characters wouldn't see the sunlight if it wasn't for a tv-series/film, which is a damn shame.

Do you agree with the title of the thread? Are some characters "dependent" on the small/big screen. Is it still possible to turn the tide? If so, how would you tackle this "problem"?
    Attached Images Attached Images