Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman in Doomsday Clock

Well, she's here. What's everyone's thoughts on Diana finally coming in, where she's been this whole time, and is it a good idea to have her in Doomsday Clock.

Too soon to tell, considering she just showed up. I'm hoping Johns portrays her in exceptional light considering what he's thrown at her in the end of the last issue.

As the intelligent and skilled powerhouse left on Earth, now's the time to show it and not just say it.

But, I don't expect her to be a meaningful character or theme in the overall tale. It's just not her story.

BANNED

it doesn't look like she can have a significant showing this late in the storyline. However its not like the more prominently featured heroes have been spectacularly showcased so maybe she can easily catch up.

Does anyone have any spoilers for this? I've heard its very Superman centric, but how did our lady do against Black Adam and the others?
    Richard Alexander

So far nothing but there are two more issues left. So who knows? Maybe her arc with Black adam is the stuff of legends?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So far nothing but there are two more issues left. So who knows? Maybe her arc with Black adam is the stuff of legends?
    Oh great. So they left that awesome cliffhanger to just do a superman centered issue?
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Does anyone have any spoilers for this? I've heard its very Superman centric, but how did our lady do against Black Adam and the others?
    All I know is second hand. The storyline is focused on some watchmen characters who left their world for the DC universe in search of that blue guy. With the DC characters getting focus being the JSA in flashbacks, Superman, and a little Batman. With the likes of Black Adam and some other villains occasionally making cameo appearances.

The premise is supposed to be something along the lines of blue guy having erased the jsa from existence and made the world crappier to better resemble the watchmen universe

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm fine with them doing a Superman centric issue because this series was billed as him being the main protagonist and for a while there it only seemed to be lip service, whereas it wasn't for her. But that was still a killer cliff hanger and it's a bummer that it doesn't appear to be resolved here.

Did it get resolved off panel or has it just not been addressed yet? If it will happen I won't care if it will be in one of the last couple issues because it will all be moot when I get the big collection, but I still DO want to see it.

It bothered me at the beginning of the series that they used each of the Trinity’s logo and Diana hasn’t really appeared.

Didn't the backups say that she had dissapeared up until now or something?

BANNED

so no mention or peek of her. this issue was wholely about dr Manhattan and his experience in the DC multiverse. I wonder if bats and WW are even going to encounter Manhattan in further issues or if it's Superman's show from here on. IF she does confront Manhattan I wonder if he is going to see or project a glimpse behind the scenes to her/ all the other heroes of DCU giving them a understanding of his unique perspective and perhaps some insight in what awaits them in future. the doomsday that is being foreseen by him or somehow salvation of their reality through maybe the thunderbolt, Alan's lantern and the efforts of the motley group.

If it makes WW fans feel better, its not like Superman is going to benefit much from any of this. Despite him showing up now finally, he's still incredibly one-dimensional. Johns is only using him as a meta statement, there's no characterization here at all. The story is still very much not about Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Johns has historically been poor with handling the Trinity, so him using Diana sparingly and Clark mainly for meta purposes is probably for the best.

The more he delves into them, the higher the odds that he'll fail spectacularly. His approach now is the way to go, and the rest of the comic is so strong it makes up for it.

Just give me Diana kicking Black Adam's ass and a rousing "let's all love each other" speech or whatever and I'll be content. Though it is kind of annoying that Lex and the Joker get to participate, but Cheetah or Circe had to sit this one out...

Spectacular Member

Well, number 11 finally arrived and...

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

...we get a single gorgeous splash page of Diana against Black Adam and his assembled army. She lassoed and toppled Giganta.

We get a small panel of her being shocked and in pain from Black Adam's electricity. We get a small panel of her deflecting electric bolts.

We get a small panel of the Amazons preparing to whisk Diana away from the battle as it has been prophesized that she'll be severely injured in the battle. The Amazons say they know that Diana will still not yield or retreat despite those injuries.

We get a new commentator confirming that some Amazons whisked away an injured Wonder Woman.

And that's it. For me, an underwhelming appearance to say the least.

As I was reading Doomsday Clock I never felt like the story had a major role for Diana anywhere in there. It was basically for Clark.