Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The spoilers for the outcome of this fight, along with the possible direction for Superman and the Legion, killed any motive I had to go out and buy this book.
    At least the latter might be turned around in the final issue though. Here's hoping Johns will squeeze in a quick rematch with Black Adam, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The spoilers for the outcome of this fight, along with the possible direction for Superman and the Legion, killed any motive I had to go out and buy this book.
    At least the latter might be turned around in the final issue though. Here's hoping Johns will squeeze in a quick rematch with Black Adam, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
    Lame doesn't even begin to describe it.

For what it's worth, though, Diana didn't get beat - the 'prophesy' said she *would* get severely injured if she continued, so Amazons dragged her off. The last frame we see her in she's blocking Black Adam's lightning, and at no point did it say Diana would lose the fight if she stayed, or get killed.

But it came off as some weird after thought. "We want Wonder Woman to look heroic but not actually do anything."

So disappointing to wait this long to resolve the fight only to get three or four frames total and not a single blow exchanged between Diana and Adam.

It feels like Geoff Johns was writing this political drama centered on Superman and only last minute realized "Wait, isn't Diana heavily invested in politics? Better write a scene for her before it ends."

Actually, didn't some back-up material from the earlier issues indicate that she had gone missing, along with the Flash? Did that ever get explained? Does Johns write the back-up material too?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It feels like Geoff Johns was writing this political drama centered on Superman and only last minute realized "Wait, isn't Diana heavily invested in politics? Better write a scene for her before it ends."

Actually, didn't some back-up material from the earlier issues indicate that she had gone missing, along with the Flash? Did that ever get explained? Does Johns write the back-up material too?
    I don't think it was. Honestly the Amazons taking her here sounds like the earlier mentioned incident. Did Johns forget it already happened? Lol
    I wonder if the (paranoid?) speculation of editorial interference for this series has had an impact on whatever Diana's role was. Johns is far from a consistently good WW writer, but I'm not too willing to blame him 100% for some of the let downs here. It's not the vibe I get.