Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Just binged the whole season in 1 day. So I obviously really liked it. I just find Jessica herself to be so compelling a character. The subplots didn't bother me so much this season compared to previous seasons, and I think Trish's arc basically went the only way it could.

    In my headcannon this takes place before the Thanos snap, and after the snap Jessica and Luke get together like in the comics.

  2. #32
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    One thing I did find annoying the doing an episode from Jessica's POV and then doing an episode on the same events but now from Trish's POV a lot of that felt like padding and in most stories would had just been handled with a montage or short flashback.
    The Trish POV episodes didn't feel like padding to me. They filled in blanks and where good about skipping the scenes we already seen from the previous episode.

  3. #33
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Just binged the whole season in 1 day. So I obviously really liked it. I just find Jessica herself to be so compelling a character. The subplots didn't bother me so much this season compared to previous seasons, and I think Trish's arc basically went the only way it could.

    In my headcannon this takes place before the Thanos snap, and after the snap Jessica and Luke get together like in the comics.
    ONe of the biggest disappointments for me about the Net Flix shows being cancelled is that we never get a chance to see Luke and Jessica get together. Still, this season does give a bit of HOPE for them, so maybe down the line marvel can revisit them.

  4. #34
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    I really liked Malcolm this season. I like his character development the most. I think the character could carry his own series.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    I liked this season a LOT more than last season. This season just seemed a lot tighter and the various characters all were part of the main story, where last season it seemed they were mostly doing their own thing and converging at key points.

    One complaint is that the basic story is too similar to last season, crazy powered mom, crazy powered sister. I did feel a lot more sympathy for Trish though - Jess's mom was just bonkers and that was clear. That was more one-note vs. Trish's arc which was heart-breaking. But Trish ultimately made her own bed.

    Foolkiller was great here, though a little too on the nose at points as an Incel/disgruntled misogynist matephor. (although maybe not even a metaphor)

    Great acting all around as well, top-to-bottom. A little sad we didn't see Netflix regulars like Mahoney or Turk. Always great to see Luke and the Rand references were cool.

    As "noir" as this series has been, it was great to see Jessica become a real hero. Also great that they were actually allowed to say "Captain America" this time rather than just make vague allusions to the other heroes.

    Also, damn Carrie-Ann Moss always looks fantastic in black.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-17-2019 at 04:24 AM.

  6. #36

    Default

    So far this season isn't a terrible choir like season 2. That's good at least.

  7. #37
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

    Foolkiller was great here, though a little too on the nose at points as an Incel/disgruntled misogynist matephor. (although maybe not even a metaphor)
    .
    I never got that impression with Fool killer. All his victims were men, never blame his problems on women and was generally unpleasant to everyone.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I never got that impression with Fool killer. All his victims were men, never blame his problems on women and was generally unpleasant to everyone.
    Good point, but Incels also seem to have hate for good looking guys who "get to" have the girls due to being more fortunate in the genetic lottery. I guess it was two things - that chef guy saying he thought that Salinger hadn't ever been kissed - at all and when he started getting into it with Jessica and Eric being fortunate it just sparked some familiar attitudes I had seen. Totally my perception.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    I was really enjoying this up until the whole "Trish is evil now" such a tired trope. I lost interest. But gotta say Kristen Ritter really proved herself as an actress with this series. She didn't have the best material but really did her thing. Great camerawork too.

  10. #40
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I was really enjoying this up until the whole "Trish is evil now" such a tired trope. I lost interest. But gotta say Kristen Ritter really proved herself as an actress with this series. She didn't have the best material but really did her thing. Great camerawork too.
    If you followed Trish development in this series that was where she was headed. The possibility for her to be redeemed is there. She realized how badly she screwed at the end.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If you followed Trish development in this series that was where she was headed. The possibility for her to be redeemed is there. She realized how badly she screwed at the end.
    Eh, I tuned out after Jessica said something like "if you killed him you're just as bad as him" (talking about Salinger). This is after she found her mother.-complete and utter bullshit. I tuned out. Maybe i'll finish it later.

  12. #42
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh, I tuned out after Jessica said something like "if you killed him you're just as bad as him" (talking about Salinger). This is after she found her mother.-complete and utter bullshit. I tuned out. Maybe i'll finish it later.
    I don't remember Jessica dialogue being that niche but she made it clear to Trish she didn't need to do it.

  13. #43
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's tough to top Purple Man.

    It's doubly tough for Jessica because she really has no rogues outside of Killgrave, so you end up having to either make up characters or use characters she has no history with. So Jessica by far probably had the toughest time coming up with material for sequals. There's no roadmap to even begin to follow.
    Foolkiller is actually an inspired choice for a Jessica baddie (she's a Detective and he's a Serial Killer) but... that not what they did with the character.

  14. #44
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Well, so long Netflix Marvel....it was a good 4 years :/

    Anyways, Season 3 was good. Season 1 is still my favorite, but it was still very fun.
    Well, "fun" might be the wrong word, it was quite twisted actually.
    Sallinger made for a compelling, refreshing villain.

    As for Trish....well, it was inevitable. She was 100% unlikeable already in Season 2. It was bound to happen eventually.
    Still quite tragic.

  15. #45
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, so long Netflix Marvel....it was a good 4 years :/

    Anyways, Season 3 was good. Season 1 is still my favorite, but it was still very fun.
    Well, "fun" might be the wrong word, it was quite twisted actually.
    Sallinger made for a compelling, refreshing villain.

    As for Trish....well, it was inevitable. She was 100% unlikeable already in Season 2. It was bound to happen eventually.
    Still quite tragic.
    Yeah, I thought Trish had an interesting journey which in hindsight seem to have this inevitable outcome.

    I think it just goes to show that not everyone who gets super powers can or should be a hero. Even when they're not necessarily bad people. It's almost sort of the counter arguement to with great power comes great responsibility in a sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •