Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Default Marvel Studios' Marvel Zombies (TV-MA)

Disney+'s first TV-MA series. Spinoff of the What If episode. Set to air in 2024.

[IMG]https://***********/themarvelreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Marvel-Zombies-02.jpg[/IMG]

I'm glad this is TV-MA but the cast and the What If episode make me concerned if they'll actually be able to utilize the tone and content effectively.

Also Red Guardian is totally biting it.

Oh, Kate and Yelana are in this (going for the drama with Clint a dead zombie, I see). Hope they can get Hailee Steinfeld and Florence Pugh back. Nope on Captain Marvel being a zombie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Oh, Kate and Yelana are in this (going for the drama with Clint a dead zombie, I see). Hope they can get Hailee Steinfeld and Florence Pugh back. Nope on Captain Marvel being a zombie.
    Hopefully they keep the quips to the minimum (but probably not).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully they keep the quips to the minimum (but probably not).
    We're going to need some levity in a zombie world and part of the fun was watching them try to keep up with each other (esp. since it was less them cracking jokes and just more the absurd situations).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

considering her in-universe power level I'm wondering what the heck it took for that to happen to her. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    considering her in-universe power level I'm wondering what the heck it took for that to happen to her. Oh well...
    Caught sleeping? I wouldn't be surprised if she was zombified just to make sure the heroes didn't have a member who was strong enough to make things easy for them (like how the Hulk wasn't used in Civil War, since once he picked a side, they would be the winners).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

We're going to need some levity in a zombie world and part of the fun was watching them try to keep up with each other (esp. since it was less them cracking jokes and just more the absurd situations).
    I don't think we absolutely need levity, but maybe that's just because I thought a lot of the jokes in the What If episode were in bad taste and frankly didn't fit the tone at all.

I don't think we absolutely need levity, but maybe that's just because I thought a lot of the jokes in the What If episode were in bad taste and frankly didn't fit the tone at all.
    Maybe some black comedy?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Maybe some black comedy?
    If executed effectively, sure. Just maybe not "ew, I've got Sharon all over me," or the End of the Line joke...

If executed effectively, sure. Just maybe not "ew, I've got Sharon all over me," or the End of the Line joke...
    Since you mentioned Red Guardian.

Red Guardian: I want Captain America.

Yelena: Fine, but look at him even if you win you're only getting half credit.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean there was a ton of dark comedy in the original