Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

After watching JJ does anyone get weirded out when seeing Krystin Ritter smiling or being goofy in interviews or other shows? Its just weird now after how great she is at being JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    After watching JJ does anyone get weirded out when seeing Krystin Ritter smiling or being goofy in interviews or other shows? Its just weird now after how great she is at being JJ.
    No but Tennant does that for me now when I watch Doctor Who or anything with him now after watching his amazing Purple Man.

"I'm here to save you!" No you're not, you're here to make people eat their hair while you rape their mom.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    No but Tennant does that for me now when I watch Doctor Who or anything with him now after watching his amazing Purple Man.

"I'm here to save you!" No you're not, you're here to make people eat their hair while you rape their mom.
    Tennant especailly for me, because he uses the same accent with Purple Man as he does Dr. Who.

And Dr. Who, despite being a hero always had sort of a dark side anyways so it's less of a stretch.

BANNED

Because of David Tennant I cannot say "Jessica Jones" without saying "Jessica!" like him every time.

IMHO ... Purple Man is Tennant's best work. So far.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

are there any references to Jessica having attended the same high school as Peter Parker? (was she a year behind?)

better than season 2 which isn't saying anything

Also we need to talk about Malcom and his romantic choices and overall decisions in this series
    The J-man

I didn't hate season 2 but it was a family drama set in a superhero show with no traditional villain.

This season was better though IMO not as good as season 1 but solid although like all Marvel Netflix shows could had benefited from trimming a few episodes.

One of the problems with this series is the villains/antagonists took a big dive after season 1.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    One of the problems with this series is the villains/antagonists took a big dive after season 1.
    It's tough to top Purple Man.

It's doubly tough for Jessica because she really has no rogues outside of Killgrave, so you end up having to either make up characters or use characters she has no history with. So Jessica by far probably had the toughest time coming up with material for sequals. There's no roadmap to even begin to follow.

One thing I did find annoying the doing an episode from Jessica's POV and then doing an episode on the same events but now from Trish's POV a lot of that felt like padding and in most stories would had just been handled with a montage or short flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    One thing I did find annoying the doing an episode from Jessica's POV and then doing an episode on the same events but now from Trish's POV a lot of that felt like padding and in most stories would had just been handled with a montage or short flashback.
    In general I think all the Net Flix shows except Defenders felt a little padded. Some were more guilty of this than others (JJ is probably the worst of the bunch), but I think almost across the board every show probably could have been streamlined a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's tough to top Purple Man.

It's doubly tough for Jessica because she really has no rogues outside of Killgrave, so you end up having to either make up characters or use characters she has no history with. So Jessica by far probably had the toughest time coming up with material for sequals. There's no roadmap to even begin to follow.
    true.

I'm so annoyed that I don't get to see Luke Cage season 3 after this. More importantly, this show actually set up the raft and now we don't get to see the prison break. UGH!
    The J-man

true.

I'm so annoyed that I don't get to see Luke Cage season 3 after this. More importantly, this show actually set up the raft and now we don't get to see the prison break. UGH!
    Yeah, I wish we got more closure for a lot of these characters. One last Defenders just to give everyone a good bye would have bern nice. Maybe a few years from now marvel will give it a go.

Astonishing Member

better than season 2 which isn't saying anything

Also we need to talk about Malcom and his romantic choices and overall decisions in this series
    Agreed. It is better than the last season which to me was so bad it warranted series cancellation alone. On episode 6 atm, Trish isn't as annoying and show killing as she was last season but shes so desperate to be a hero its off-putting still. Malcom has grown in 3 series from the junkie neighbor so I give him credit for that.

This far in as far as villains' go I mean as others have mentioned her rogues gallery is arguably done after season 1. So it can either be a hinderance, or a great opportunity for a writer to create a wonderful foil for her. Or elevate a nobody in comics to the level appropriate to be her tv nemesis. So far no one has stepped up and really delivered there for JJ.