Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Mulan coming soon

Nightmare Before Christmas
    The J-man

Guy Ritchie needs to do Little Mermaid.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

sword of the stone/black cauldron hybrid

with a healthy dose of the following series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grailquest

It could be one of the funniest action adventures of all time if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Mulan coming soon

Nightmare Before Christmas
    How does that work? Claymation is already kinda live action. You want people in costumes?

I think the most likely ones going forward are Little Mermaid and Hercules.

If James Woods wasn't retired and, well, James Woods I actually could conceivably see him playing Hades in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the most likely ones going forward are Little Mermaid and Hercules.

If James Woods wasn't retired and, well, James Woods I actually could conceivably see him playing Hades in live action.
    He retired? I thought he just got himself black listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He retired? I thought he just got himself black listed.
    I think it was both.

Something about him retiring to take care of his mother or something which was around when he became blacklisted.

I think it was both.

Something about him retiring to take care of his mother or something which was around when he became blacklisted.
    Ahh hope it wasnt all black listing. Just because I dude has a different political lean then me i don't think he shouldnt be able to work. Hes also a wonderful actor. I know he made news for the rights reasons awhile back when he helped Alyssa Milano save her Horses. And then scolded someone for saying something negative about her on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ahh hope it wasnt all black listing. Just because I dude has a different political lean then me i don't think he shouldnt be able to work. Hes also a wonderful actor. I know he made news for the rights reasons awhile back when he helped Alyssa Milano save her Horses. And then scolded someone for saying something negative about her on social media.
    I think I remember it coming out that he sexually harassed Willa Holland, so I don't expect him to get any new acting gigs.

I think I remember it coming out that he sexually harassed Willa Holland, so I don't expect him to get any new acting gigs.
    Oooo did not know that. How bad was it. Cause I mean a guy whistling at a girl is sexual harassment now. And while I dont support anyone doing anything to make women feel uncomfortable. Sexual "Harassment" isnt all the same nowadays.

Edit: I'll Google it iono why I asked you to look up something I can do myself. Lazy i guess

So Tambalyn says he tried to pick her up when she was 16. And Perkins just put his name on a me too sign but didnt elaborate further. Eww a 53 year old man hitting on a 16 year old girl is disgusting. Hope it's not true cause again while I dont agree with his Policitce even a bit. I loved him as a actor. But yea if that true he earned that. But I think he was blacklisted before all this came out wasnt he? I havent seen him in anything in a long time. Any given sundays the last thing I recall but I'm sure he worked after that.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-26-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Cop was the first thing I saw him in but my favorite movie of his is Diggstown. He might be too old for Hades I haven't seen him in awhile either.

Astonishing Member

Are we talking actual remakes or are we also talking sequels, prequels, reimaginings and adaptations of other classic material? Because the current Disney trend encompasses all of those things. Anyway, taking all of that into account, here are some planned ones and some hypothetical ones.

Mulan- Big fan of the legend and the movie's not too shabby either. I'd like to see it emphasize the less fantastical stuff and play up the action and drama.

Sword in the Stone- This is one where they might be able to improve on the original a little. A whole movie about Arthur's education and by the end I didn't really feel like he learned much of anything (which kind of works in the greater Once and Future King story but not in a standalone movie). So, here's the chance.

The Chronicles of Prydain- Work at adapting the whole series starting with The Book of Three but using the original Black Cauldron movie as inspirations for designs and visuals.

Snow White- Personally, I've always wanted to see a version of Snow White that played up the idea of the Dwarfs as her found family and didn't infantalise the little men. I don't know if their planned Snow White movie will do that, but I'm still interested in what they come up with.

Treasure Planet- I just really like this movie and think it would look fantastic rendered into some form of live action.

Brer Rabbit- No Uncle Remus. No old plantation. With a black screenwriter, black director and all black cast. A chance to reclaim African-American folklore for a new generation.

Maid Marian- So, Disney wants to make movies with strong heroines. They'd also have a hard time adapting their more popular adaptation of the Robin Hood legend (they've adapted it twice, actually) into live action because of the anthropomorphic animal factor (I'm afraid Fox Robin would end up looking like the new movie Sonic). So, why not let Marian take the lead. It kind of makes more sense than trying to make action heroines out of Alice or Clara Stahlbaum because in the ballad she first appeared in she was a fighter in her own right.

The Princess and the Goblin- No big spiel here. I just want to see a solid (maybe slightly modernized) adaptation of George MacDonald's classic children's book.

To tell you the truth though, I'll probably go see whatever they put out even if it isn't all that great. What can I say, I'm a fairy tale geek (with some geekery in legends and children's lit too). And Disney seems to be the only studio willing to make fairy tale movies without also trying to reinvent the wheel. Even when changing stuff, Disney usually remembers to include the stuff that made people love the stories in the first place.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm curious about their planned Pinocchio film. I'm kind of hoping they draw more from Collodi's rather trippy and fantastical book. They probably won't though because a lot of people don't like that book. They see it as too dark and too harsh.
    Last edited by AdamFTF; 05-26-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Didnt know till right now that Mulan has a cast already which Includes Donnie Yen, Jet Li,and Jason Scott Lee. Bet Jason Scott Lee is playing Shan Yu. Donnie Yen and Jet Li are not large men. The actress playing Mulan was the love interest in the forbidden Kingdom the Jet Li and JACKIE Chan movie. That's all I know her from.

I know they cast Emma Stone a Cuella for a live action movie about Cuella Deville. But that was a long time ago but I'm betting that's up next after Mulan. Sword in the stone/Peter Pan/and Pinnochio are all rumored aswell.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-26-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Didn't they make a live action 101 Dalmatians movie? Like twice? Wasn't bad from what I remember.

Those Alice in Wonderland movies could have been so cool and weird.

Hunchback would be cool if it was closer to the book then the movie. The Jason Alexander gargoyle doesn't hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Didn't they make a live action 101 Dalmatians movie? Like twice? Wasn't bad from what I remember.

Those Alice in Wonderland movies could have been so cool and weird.

Hunchback would be cool if it was closer to the book then the movie. The Jason Alexander gargoyle doesn't hold up.
    Hunchback would be disturbing and not a family movie at all. So let someone who's not Disney make it.

And yea they made two of them and they weren't great. But the nee one if like Maleficent I think Emma stones Cuella is the protagonist.