Results 1 to 15 of 152

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member PoorStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    185

    Question What Disney Live Action remake would you want next? If any?

    I know they're kinda saturating the market, but I would love to see an Emperor's New Groove with Jessica Walter and The Rock as Yzma and Kronk.

    c6R5N2DPh0nl.jpg

  2. #2
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,984

    Default

    We getting Mulan so I'm happy about that. I'd love a version of Disney Hercules. But maybe find a way to shit on Greek Mythology a little less. I would say Hunchbach but that character would be disturbing in real life. Saw a live action movie as a kid and it was fu**ed up.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    The Black Cauldron or Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but a 6-10 episode Disney+ series.

    I feel like Little Mermaid is coming, but I hope to god they cast a man in drag for Ursula.

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member Icefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Song of the South

  5. #5
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    but I hope to god they cast a man in drag for Ursula.
    God no! I got nothing against having a character in a film who is a drag queen, but actual female characters should be played by females. Let a woman have the role.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,416

    Default

    The Sword in the Stone is the only announced one I have any interest in. A live action Black Cauldron would also be great, yes.

  7. #7
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The Sword in the Stone is the only announced one I have any interest in. A live action Black Cauldron would also be great, yes.
    This is the also my answer. I love pretty much all things King Arthur (my first multiple chapter non-picture book I ever read was a King Arthur book), and I freaking adore the old Black Cauldron film. And unlike all the other films re-adapted so far, I never felt these two got the love they deserved the first time around.

  8. #8
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    6,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Black Cauldron or Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but a 6-10 episode Disney+ series.

    I feel like Little Mermaid is coming, but I hope to god they cast a man in drag for Ursula.
    Last year I went and saw a live theatre production of Little Mermaid with Ursula played as a drag queen. It was the best thing ever! So I agree.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Last year I went and saw a live theatre production of Little Mermaid with Ursula played as a drag queen. It was the best thing ever! So I agree.
    If I remember right, Urusula's design was inspired by a drag queen.

    Yep. Just checked. Divine was the inspiration.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •