Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Atlantis or The Black Cauldron
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dumbo was basically an original movie with Dumbo in as a plot device. I didnt hate it but it wasnt good either.
    Okay.

[QUOTE=Midvillian1322;4393520]People get mad when they do shot for shot remakes but I feel like Aladdin which only added a few things was far superior to Dumbo.

Now Jungle Book was good also and that was way different.
    Maybe? The original movie was so episodic (and I don't mean that as a criticism; I like it an awful lot) that a lot of the stuff in the remake was in the movie, just in a different order.

Beauty and the Beast was in the same boat as Aladdin except imo beauty and the beats wasnt good. I never bought in and cared for they're version of beast like I did In the cartoon so the whole movie fell apart for me.
    Never saw it myself, although I have gathered that it got plenty of criticism of being too slavish to the original and adding nothing new, and, unlike Aladdin, didn't seem to overcome that in any fashion.

Aladdin for me is the the top of the hill with Jungle book right behind. Pretty sure Lion King will take that spot but who knows. Anyway repackage my childhood and sell it back to me all day. If it makes me happy that's all that matter to me
    Yeah, I'd agree that Aladdin and Jungle Book are the better ones. Personally, I think Christopher Robin is the best live action remake they've done yet, but I seem to be in the minority; I've seen several rankings of these movies, and it inevitably ends up at the bottom, while Cinderella (the most creatively bankrupt of the ones I've seen, IMHO) somehow ends up at the top.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

[QUOTE=WebLurker;4394758]Okay.

People get mad when they do shot for shot remakes but I feel like Aladdin which only added a few things was far superior to Dumbo.

Maybe? The original movie was so episodic (and I don't mean that as a criticism; I like it an awful lot) that a lot of the stuff in the remake was in the movie, just in a different order.

Never saw it myself, although I have gathered that it got plenty of criticism of being too slavish to the original and adding nothing new, and, unlike Aladdin, didn't seem to overcome that in any fashion.

Yeah, I'd agree that Aladdin and Jungle Book are the better ones. Personally, I think Christopher Robin is the best live action remake they've done yet, but I seem to be in the minority; I've seen several rankings of these movies, and it inevitably ends up at the bottom, while Cinderella (the most creatively bankrupt of the ones I've seen, IMHO) somehow ends up at the top.
    Never saw Cinderella and I LIKED Christopher Robin but was also bored with it at points.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I'd follow a Live action globe traveling, crew of the Ulysses to the next "lost civilization", cryptozoology seeking expedition, ancient mysteries, unraveling chariot of the gods type adventures etc...
    Further combine some of the Atlantis tech...

...with the Whitmore Industries ship, and make the Ulysses a crystal powered space/time/dimension faring vehicle too, for even further adventure.

Directed by Guillermo del Toro who did justice to another Mignola inspired concept.
    The series, Team Atlantis even had a few tie ins with another Disney series, Gargoyles during its scripting stage. One of which, The Last, had the group encountering Demona in 1920. I've heard that Jordan Peele had pitched a live-action adaptation of Gargoyles at one point, but the Mouse House shot him down. In a decision which I thought was so simple that even a head of cabbage could agree on, I was surprised after Marvel was bought by Disney that Marvel Comics didn't come out with a new Gargoyles comic. I always picture either Chris Hemsworth or Jason Momoa as Goliath via motion capture, or make-up. Roseamund Pike, or Gemma Atherton as Demona.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 06-06-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The series, Team Atlantis even had a few tie ins with another Disney series, Gargoyles during its scripting stage. One of which, The Last, had the group encountering Demona in 1920. I've heard that Jordan Peele had pitched a live-action adaptation of Gargoyles at one point, but the Mouse House shot him down. In a decision which I thought was so simple that even a head of cabbage could agree on, I was surprised after Marvel was bought by Disney that Marvel Comics didn't come out with a new Gargoyles comic. I always picture either Chris Hemsworth or Jason Momoa as Goliath via motion capture, or make-up. Roseamund Pike, or Gemma Atherton as Demona.

Feel like everyone's replaceable but you gotta keep Keith David as the voice of Goliath.

Can't say I really need a Gargoyles remake, but then again, that wasn't a part of my childhood.

Never saw Cinderella and I LIKED Christopher Robin but was also bored with it at points.
    I think that Cinderella was a noble effort (good production values), but, aside from borrowing a few names, it felt like a generic retelling of the original fairy tale and very little to do with the movie it was a ostensibly remaking. Granted, the original Cinderella isn't my most favorite Disney movie in the first place, so I'm not exactly a huge fan of the story in the first place.

Can't say I found Christopher Robin boring in places, but I was much more invested in the story and was honestly wanting something that recaptured the tone of the original movies while viewing them from the adult Christopher's perspective.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think the new Aladdin was a great remake because it was a well made movie that also did some necessary updates to the story. Plus the 3 lead actors were perfectly cast and their chemistry is fantastic. I've seen it 4 times... I'm a bit addicted lol.

I didn't see Beauty and the Beast remake because it looked exactly like the animated movie and I didn't like that one; there was way too much singing and the story and plot were too light for me. Even my son found it boring years ago when he watched it with me.

Haven't seen The Jungle Book remake. Dumbo was good but it was missing something.

Anyway, as far as a Live Action version casting Geppetto.

I'd cast De Niro ... who has totally become the embodiment of Geppetto.

...[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/yudr8U0.jpg?1[/IMG

And for the con-men the Fox & Cat; Al Pacino(fox) & Joe Pesci(cat)

And Leonardo DiCaprio as showman Mangiafuoco/Stromboli would steal the movie.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/oveSF0X.jpg[/IMG
    If the rumors are true abt Hanks as Geppetto.
    They got it all wrong.
    Hanks should totally be Jiminy (the singing conscious )
    And De Niro is more Geppeto the doting old father.

Last edited by Güicho; 10-25-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Further ....:

The bloated Leonardo DiCaprio as the showman Mangiafuoco/Stromboli ...

...The Coachman

And Liam Neeson
    Who can genuinely at first conveys a sense of warmth and safety, someone the kids will totally want to trust and believe he's taking them to a wonderful place, then terrifyingly turns on them.
    Both these guys (probably love going against type) and make great Disney villains!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-26-2020 at 07:03 AM.

A Gargoyles remake? Er, I'd be fine with a continuation. Before going back to Young Justice, Greg Weismann posted about a lot of their plans for the series going forward. Most notable; Goliath and Eliza adopting a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A Gargoyles remake? Er, I'd be fine with a continuation. Before going back to Young Justice, Greg Weismann posted about a lot of their plans for the series going forward. Most notable; Goliath and Eliza adopting a child.
    In animation yes do a continuation just act like the Goliath chronicles never happened. But I'd love a big budget live action remake.

Aladdin 2 is gonna be an original story with inspiration taken from the source material. Same with Lion King 2 being an oringal story and Barry Jenkins helming it. I'm excited for both those. I thought Aladdin was really good and the main cast was amazing together. Lion king hopefully eases up on the photo realism just a tad bit to let them make some kind of expressions. But honestly I like Timoe and Pumba. So they have ways around it. With them they used physical movement by the characters to make up for the lack of facial expressions. Also Billy and Seth Rogan have very animated voices. Same with Zazzu and John Oliver. Make Donald Glover put some more energy into it. But honestly the biggest issue was it was a shot for shot remake except it didn't do anything better the original or make any improvements. Scar was more intimidating but honestly he didn't need to be. He was suppose to be weasely and feminine. Chewy did a good job with the voice but they didn't really do anything different with him though. Unlike Idris Elba as Share Kahn who they made down right terrifying. Anyway I'm excited to see the sequels since they will be original stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post

I'd follow a Live action globe traveling, crew of the Ulysses to the next "lost civilization", cryptozoology seeking expedition, ancient mysteries, unraveling chariot of the gods type adventures etc...
    +
    ?

The series, Team Atlantis even had a few tie ins with another Disney series, Gargoyles during its scripting stage. One of which, The Last, had the group encountering Demona in 1920.
    Off topic, since I'd want to see that^ animated (not necessarily live action)
    The Ulysses Crew encountering and tracking 1920's era Gargoyles across the globe, pursuing evidence of the different clans, (the London Clan, Ishimura Clan, The Mayan Clan, then ending in a gothic, 1920's gaslight NY City, where they realize they are all around us, would have been fantastic!
    In the end, letting them shadow away in peace, keeping their secret.

Is there somewhere you can read the script of their encounter?

If nothing else, it should at least be adapted into a stand alone comic.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-26-2020 at 07:34 AM.

BANNED

Atlantis for sure.

Although I'd want to see continuing Live Action Adventures (not another remake).
    Just follow the continuing adventures of the Ulysses Crew (and Kida) . onto their next mission.

Tom Halland as Milo
    Auli'i Cravalho as Kidda
    Idris Elba as Dr. Sweet
    Jenna Ortega as Audrey
    Sebastian Maniscalco as Vinny
    Molière ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-26-2020 at 04:18 PM.

Off topic, since I'd want to see that^ animated (not necessarily live action)
    The Ulysses Crew encountering and tracking 1920's era Gargoyles across the globe, pursuing evidence of the different clans, (the London Clan, Ishimura Clan, The Mayan Clan, then ending in a gothic, 1920's gaslight NY City, where they realize they are all around us, would have been fantastic!
    In the end, letting them shadow away in peace, keeping their secret.

Is there somewhere you can read the script of their encounter?

If nothing else, it should at least be adapted into a stand alone comic.
    Didn't they actually have a crossover?