I want Adele to play Ursula.

Mighty Member

OR maybe Beth Ditto!

Toy story!

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Mulan
    Pocahontas
    Hunchback of Notre Dame
    The top one is next up after Lion king. Jet Li,Donnie Yen and Jason Scott Lee are all cast but I dont know the roles.(My guess Jet Li is the emperor, Donnie is the dad, and Jason Scott Lee is Shuan Yu) A Chinese actress who I've only seen in Forbidden Kingdom is playing Mulan.

Edit: correction Maleficent 2 comes out later this year and then Mulan should be sometime next year.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-30-2019 at 04:11 AM.

According to time they're actually making a bunch of these already.
    http://time.com/4525871/disney-live-action-movies/
    They are making:

Mulan
    Cruella
    Peter Pan
    Tink
    Sword in the Stone
    Pinocchio
    Snow White(Red Rose)
    Prince Charming

I feel like Mulan is going to go all Wuxia (Wu-shu) which worries me. As much as I like Crouching Tiger and House of Flying Daggers, I hope Mulan doesn't go that route and ends up more traditional.

Pinocchio always gave me nightmares as a kid. I have no interest in seeing that.

BANNED

The Cruella movie is a prequel.

The “live-action remake” happened in 1996 which, oddly, I’ve never seen referenced when people hate on the live action remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    According to time they're actually making a bunch of these already.
    http://time.com/4525871/disney-live-action-movies/
    They are making:

Mulan
    Cruella
    Peter Pan
    Tink
    Sword in the Stone
    Pinocchio
    Snow White(Red Rose)
    Prince Charming

I feel like Mulan is going to go all Wuxia (Wu-shu) which worries me. As much as I like Crouching Tiger and House of Flying Daggers, I hope Mulan doesn't go that route and ends up more traditional.

Pinocchio always gave me nightmares as a kid. I have no interest in seeing that.
    I would pay to see a Tim Burton or del Torro Pinocchio!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I would pay to see a Tim Burton or del Torro Pinocchio!
    After the underwhelming reception Dumbo received I don't think Disney will be handing over any live re-imagining of Disney classics ever again to Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    I want Adele to play Ursula.
    God! I hope not. I want Disney to flip this story and make it through Ursula's POV like Maleficent
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-31-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Treasure Planet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    If the Disney version gave you nightmares, don't read the book (which, incidentally, I love).

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    If the Disney version gave you nightmares, don't read the book (which, incidentally, I love).
    What happens in it?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What happens in it?
    Let's just say Jiminy Cricket doesn't make it very far...

And a Tim Burton version of Pinocchio? The animated version had enough stuff that was rather horrifying (like kids turned into donkeys and shipped out to who knows where). Burton does NOT need to add on to that!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What happens in it?
    Pinocchio causes a scene that gets Geppetto dragged off to jail by mistake. He throws a hammer at the talking cricket and kills him. The Fox and the Cat try to rob Pinocchio and end up hanging him from a tree by the neck. The Blue Fairy fakes her own death in order to make Pinocchio feel guilty. Lampwick gets turned into a donkey and ends up dying from being overworked . . .

The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi is regarded as a children's classic in its home country of Italy. However, in the United States it's one of the stories frequently brought up as being "shocking" and "too dark" in comparison to the Disney version. So, more infamous than famous over here. And yet . . . I love it. It's a product of its time and culture. It reflects 19th Century Italy's attitude toward raising children (in much of Europe for a long time, children weren't seen as innocent little angels. They were seen as someone who needed to be civilized by their parents). As well as Italy's puppet theater (ever hear what the original Punch and Judy shows were like? Now those were dark). It's also amazingly imaginative and bizarre. And I think Geppetto as a hothead and Pinocchio as an impulsive, pleasure-seeking child are more interesting than the more simple Disney versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89
    The animated version had enough stuff that was rather horrifying (like kids turned into donkeys and shipped out to who knows where).
    And strangely enough, that event gets played for laughs in the book. At least at first.

So mulan comes out in March. Just by the characters the cast is playing I can tell some thing are changed maybe close to the source material. Donnie Yen plays a general and mentor to Mulan. Jet Li is the emperor. Jason Scott Lee plays a vengeful warrior who name I dont recognize. And the rumor is Mushu is in it and is being voiced by Kevin Hart. If that's true I dont get why u wont go with Charlie Murphy again. But I can see it. But yea the I didnt see names from the Disney cartoon like Shaun Yu, or BD Wongs character ( Shang? Maybe). So yea I don't know the the story it's based off and how far off the Disney classic is. But I'm guessing we might get a teaser with Lion King and full trailer with Maleficent 2 just looking at the time table.

Edit: Lol I meant Eddie Murphy, but RIP Charlie and just imagine him voicing Mushu.... amazing lol
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-31-2019 at 12:38 AM.

I'd follow a Live action globe traveling, crew of the Ulysses to the next "lost civilization", cryptozoology seeking expedition, ancient mysteries, unraveling chariot of the gods type adventures etc...
    Further combine some of the Atlantis tech...

...with the Whitmore Industries ship, and make the Ulysses a crystal powered space/time/dimension faring vehicle too, for even further adventure.

Directed by Guillermo del Toro who did justice to another Mignola inspired concept.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-06-2019 at 09:20 AM.