Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hunchback would be disturbing and not a family movie at all. So let someone who's not Disney make it.

And yea they made two of them and they weren't great. But the nee one if like Maleficent I think Emma stones Cuella is the protagonist.
    That seems really lazy on Disney's part. Just remake Maleficent with another big star attached and focus on the villain. I wonder if they're going to make like dogs attack her as a child to like justify her fur coat fetish. Would be neat if they didn't try to make her empathetic and just made a movie about a bad guy, but doubt that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    That seems really lazy on Disney's part. Just remake Maleficent with another big star attached and focus on the villain. I wonder if they're going to make like dogs attack her as a child to like justify her fur coat fetish. Would be neat if they didn't try to make her empathetic and just made a movie about a bad guy, but doubt that's going to happen.
    I assumed that was the plan. Just a movie with a bad guy as a protagonist. Probaly the birth of a villian, show her as a failed fashion designer and how life's breaks her down.

I honestly dont know how you can make her not a bad guy.

I think Pochahontas is the one that could make a great movie with great music that will never happen. If Pochontas wasnt a real person it would be fine but disneyfying someone who lived such a short tragic life is gonna bother some people. But everything else about that I think would work great. But yea you gotta replace Pochahontas and John Smith with fictional people.

Astonishing Member

Hunchback would be disturbing and not a family movie at all. So let someone who's not Disney make it.
    They're already working on a Hunchback one. They announced plans for it months ago. I made a joke then that it was one time when I wouldn't be revisiting the literary work for a blog post.

I have a blogger friend online, a former Disney animation employee in fact, who was keeping a list of all the Disney fantasy films that were rumored or in the works. I can't seem to find the list anymore, though.

And yea they made two of them and they weren't great. But the nee one if like Maleficent I think Emma stones Cuella is the protagonist.
    Making movies based on Disney villains is such a strange idea. Disney villains are popular, but it's usually not because they're nuanced, complicated characters. It's because they're full-tilt evil divas who are a lot of fun to watch as they sing their villain songs.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Actually that’s probably the reason why I am interested in them adapting Hunchback, since Judge Follo is one of the more complex and nuanced villains of Disney in how he wants to kill Esmeralda because he can’t admit he finds gypsies like her attractive and it repulses his facade of high nobility. If they do it I hope they cast someone decent as him and don’t shy away from those aspects.

I am annoyed that they aren’t including Be Prepared for Scar in the Lion King live action version. Not sure why they can’t, it’s not racist or sexist at all...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They're already working on a Hunchback one. They announced plans for it months ago. I made a joke then that it was one time when I wouldn't be revisiting the literary work for a blog post.

I have a blogger friend online, a former Disney animation employee in fact, who was keeping a list of all the Disney fantasy films that were rumored or in the works. I can't seem to find the list anymore, though.

Making movies based on Disney villains is such a strange idea. Disney villains are popular, but it's usually not because they're nuanced, complicated characters. It's because they're full-tilt evil divas who are a lot of fun to watch as they sing their villain songs.
    Quasy is gonna be terrifying. I saw the live action as a kid in school and he haunted me. I mean they gonna have to make more fantasy like the cartoon then. Cause Quasy is suppose to be death from those damn bells.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am annoyed that they aren’t including Be Prepared for Scar in the Lion King live action version.
    There's a live action Lion King movie? How in the hell does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There's a live action Lion King movie? How in the hell does that work?
    Theres like three trailers. It's some real envoirments and photorealistic animals. Weirdly none if the Trailers have shown them directly talking. Guessing they was still doing the mouth CgI

BANNED

Theres like three trailers. It's some real envoirments and photorealistic animals. Weirdly none if the Trailers have shown them directly talking. Guessing they was still doing the mouth CgI
    I've only seen CGI animation trailers. Nothing suggesting live action.

I've only seen CGI animation trailers. Nothing suggesting live action.
    They are filming it with Cameras so technically its live action. They havent released all the details but they pioneered a new way of filming these that makes Jungle book look outdated according the Favrou. They are basically filming on a blue screen and projecting entire 3d environments that the director and crew can put VR sets on and walk around in. Not really sure how that all works. But the movie is being captured with cameras, dont ask me how. I'm sure the BTS stuff for Lion King will be fascinating. I guess officially it will come down to if the academy recognizes it as aninated or live action film. But they're should maybe be a 3rd category, but I'm willing to bet if Lion King is amazing and get nominated for something it will be with Live action movies not animated. But time will tell

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I remember it coming out that he sexually harassed Willa Holland, so I don't expect him to get any new acting gigs.
    I think it's informative that Woods made a statement that he was retiring in the same breath that he said was blacklisted.

Both cannot be true.

BANNED

They are filming it with Cameras so technically its live action. They havent released all the details but they pioneered a new way of filming these that makes Jungle book look outdated according the Favrou. They are basically filming on a blue screen and projecting entire 3d environments that the director and crew can put VR sets on and walk around in. Not really sure how that all works. But the movie is being captured with cameras, dont ask me how. I'm sure the BTS stuff for Lion King will be fascinating. I guess officially it will come down to if the academy recognizes it as aninated or live action film. But they're should maybe be a 3rd category, but I'm willing to bet if Lion King is amazing and get nominated for something it will be with Live action movies not animated. But time will tell
    I dunno this sounds an awful lot like animation put in front of live backgrounds. It's not live action unless you have live actors, IMO. This sounds like Disney trying to screw with the awards criteria again (Most Popular Film)

I think it's informative that Woods made a statement that he was retiring in the same breath that he said was blacklisted.

Both cannot be true.
    Well I mean you could get blacklisted and then instead of trying to work around it you could say fu** it and retire. But yea its probaly BS, most likely just wanted to change the narrative.

I dunno this sounds an awful lot like animation put in front of live backgrounds. It's not live action unless you have live actors, IMO. This sounds like Disney trying to screw with the awards criteria again (Most Popular Film)
    I dont even think they followed through with live backgrounds thinks it all CG. But the most simple definition of Live action is something capture with a Camera. Which they are doing. I think calling it animation is a disservice but it's not quite really live action either especially since it sounds like the envoirments are all 100% CG now too. Ehh it's in a weird situation.

To no surprise early tracking for Lion King is higher then any live action remake thus far. And Beauty and the beast made over a billion and Jungle book fell just short of a Billion. So this movie is poised to make all the money but iono if anyone doubted that.

BANNED

The Little Mermaid has the potential to be a very visually beautiful movie.

Hire James Wan?