Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 98
  1. #46
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The Little Mermaid has the potential to be a very visually beautiful movie.

    Hire James Wan?
    Naw let someone else put theyrr vision to it.. If lion King is a hit why Not Favrou(I think he suppose to do a Jungle book 2 though so iono on top of acting and producing Mandalorian) dont know if he has time.

  2. #47
    You guessed it mr_crisp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Live action Fantasia
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

    Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

    Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

    "This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

  3. #48
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Yes, I think the time is right for Little Mermaid. James Wan's Aquaman showed a movie set under water could work. Expand on the film with elements/songs from the stage musical, TLM : Ariel's Beginning. (I think one of the writers of Black Panther wrote that) Maybe a plot twist where it wasn't humans that killed Ariel's mother but Ursula!

    YOUR ideas and opinions on a mermaid movie?

  4. #49
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Yes, I think the time is right for Little Mermaid. James Wan's Aquaman showed a movie set under water could work. Expand on the film with elements/songs from the stage musical, TLM : Ariel's Beginning. (I think one of the writers of Black Panther wrote that) Maybe a plot twist where it wasn't humans that killed Ariel's mother but Ursula!

    YOUR ideas and opinions on a mermaid movie?
    Coogler wrote Black panther I'm guess the guy who assisted him is the guy your talking about? He doesnt have much credits but iono if IMDB would include Plays. But yea never seen it but I'm down and I think Favrou should direct. His two live action remakes are ground breaking CGi wise.

  5. #50
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Ursula and Sebastian's voice were too unique for me to ever think I'd give anybody else a chance to convince me but then again I won't need to because I'll wait for it on Disney plus

  6. #51
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Ursula and Sebastian's voice were too unique for me to ever think I'd give anybody else a chance to convince me but then again I won't need to because I'll wait for it on Disney plus
    A generic Jamiacan accent was too unique? I'd say characters with voice that are truly unique would be Hades,Genie,Mushu and Baloo. That's all that coming to me. And those actors had very unique and recognizable voices. And even then recasting is fine Genie and Baloo were revived well by audiences. Though they had to CAST will smith and Bill Murray to do that.

    I mean they coukd cast someone with an actual Jamiacan accent to play Sebastian.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-27-2019 at 10:17 PM.

  7. #52
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    If they do The Little Mermaid, they might change Ursula's death scene as being too violent, which would be a shame because I love it. They shanked the witch with a ship!

  8. #53
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    A generic Jamiacan accent was too unique? I'd say characters with voice that are truly unique would be Hades,Genie,Mushu and Baloo. That's all that coming to me. And those actors had very unique and recognizable voices. And even then recasting is fine Genie and Baloo were revived well by audiences. Though they had to CAST will smith and Bill Murray to do that.

    I mean they coukd cast someone with an actual Jamiacan accent to play Sebastian.
    Accent didn't even come to my mind lol! I guess we have different definition of unique if Sebastian doesn't count but I'm surprised you consider Hades unique. I guarantee Mushu will not speak in Mulan

  9. #54
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Accent didn't even come to my mind lol! I guess we have different definition of unique if Sebastian doesn't count but I'm surprised you consider Hades unique. I guarantee Mushu will not speak in Mulan
    I dont even know if Mushu will be in it. But James woods frantic delivery is unmistakable . Hes just has one of those voices that stands out. But if I played 10 voices FROM cool runnings and mixed Sebastian in there I dont think most people would be able to pick him from the crowd. It's a decent run of the mill Fake Jamacian accent. I'm not dissing the performance the actor even did a good job singing with the accent. But hes doesn't have a distinct voice from other fake jamacian accents. Nobody else really sounds like James Woods. Same for Eddie Murphy,Robin William's etc. They have instantly recognizable voices. Again that voice actor did a great job but I've never heard anyone claim his voice is unique. I mean within the movie its unique cause hes doing a fake Jamaican accent while most people dont have accents.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    I honestly think they are a bit out of control with these endless remakes, so let's take this runaway train it to its most outrageous inevitable outcome...
    Never mind the Rebel Spies Disney+ series. The real secret behind their reunion;



    It's inevitable...




    Last edited by Güicho; 05-30-2019 at 05:22 AM.

  11. #56
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,861

    Default

    A live action Tarzan movie. Honestly I'm surprised that Disney hasn't tried to make one yet.

  12. #57
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    A live action Tarzan movie. Honestly I'm surprised that Disney hasn't tried to make one yet.
    They'd have to relicense the trademark from ERB, Inc. And the last Tarzan movie that came out didn't do so hot. The Legend of Tarzan (coincidentally also the name of the TV cartoon based on Disney's animated Tarzan movie) received some praise from Burroughs fans for how faithful it was to the Tarzan pulp novels, but it also received derision from others for . . . well . . . being a Tarzan movie. Tarzan's the story about the child of upper crust white English nobility who gets stranded in an African forest and gets raised by animals and somehow manages to still become both the "King of the Jungle" and an effective nobleman as the Earl of Greystoke. It's a story from a more colonial time. I even like those old books, but let's call a spade a spade.

    So yeah, I think Disney might leave that one alone.

  13. #58
    Dorky Person Charmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    I'd be interested in a remake of The Princess & the Frog that doesn't have it's first black American princess running around as a frog for the majority of the film. I'd also like to see them better flesh out what life was like in the 1920s for black people in New Orleans. (I'll give the animated movie some credit in that regard, but only some. I still enjoyed the movie either way, though.)

    Also, I would love if they tackled a remake of Meet the Robinsons. It's a cute little movie with an ending that makes my older self bawl every time I watch it. (I didn't cry at 12, but I definitely did at 20 lol)

    "You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

    "Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

    "You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

  14. #59
    Spectacular Member karatattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    111

    Default

    The Little Mermaid
    The Princess & the Frog
    Alice in Wonderland
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs


    I know about the 2010 Tim Burton film, but I want to see a version that is closer to the 1951 animated film.

  15. #60
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They'd have to relicense the trademark from ERB, Inc. And the last Tarzan movie that came out didn't do so hot. The Legend of Tarzan (coincidentally also the name of the TV cartoon based on Disney's animated Tarzan movie) received some praise from Burroughs fans for how faithful it was to the Tarzan pulp novels, but it also received derision from others for . . . well . . . being a Tarzan movie. Tarzan's the story about the child of upper crust white English nobility who gets stranded in an African forest and gets raised by animals and somehow manages to still become both the "King of the Jungle" and an effective nobleman as the Earl of Greystoke. It's a story from a more colonial time. I even like those old books, but let's call a spade a spade.

    So yeah, I think Disney might leave that one alone.
    One counter argument. Phil Colin's, if I'm being honest his music set the whole mood for the animated movie and what makes the emotional stuff hit. You plays a Tarazan trailer with that music and your gonna get peolle interested.


    When I think Tarzan I hear " Come stop your crying, it will be alright. Just take my hand and hold it tight. I will protect you, from all around you. I'll be here, dont you kry." But they have to make the Apes talk.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-29-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •