Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    If the Disney version gave you nightmares, don't read the book (which, incidentally, I love).
    I'd love it if some of the darker (terrifying) elements made it into a live action version.

And yeah Pinocchio himself kills Cricket.
    Who then comes back as a ghost (which then makes sense as his conscious.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-25-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Cars, but they should transform into giant robots in the live action version.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I'd love it if some of the darker (terrifying) elements made it into a live action version.

And yeah Pinocchio himself kills Cricket.
    Who then comes back as a ghost (which then makes sense as his conscious.
    People make such a big deal over squishing a bug.

But yeah, he also reappears as one of the three doctors. Pinocchio is revived after being hung. The Fairy with Blue Hair at least pretends to die and has a tombstone and everything. Killing characters off doesn't seem to mean much in the world of Pinocchio (kind of like in superhero comics, now that I think about it).

I'd like to see some of the scarier stuff included. As well as some of the more fantastical elements. Walt and company grounded the hell out of that story. They made the Blue Fairy responsible for Pinocchio being alive when in the book he was alive since he was a piece of wood. The giant dogfish got turned into a whale. The other talking puppets were taken out. It's such a shame, because the original book is almost as crazy and fantastical as something like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

I'd follow a Live action globe traveling, crew of the Ulysses to the next "lost civilization", cryptozoology seeking expedition, ancient mysteries, unraveling chariot of the gods type adventures etc...
    Was disappointed that that cartoon sequel was canceled (beyond those three completed ones being strung together into the direct-to-video movie); that could've been a really interesting show.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Robin Hood
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

People make such a big deal over squishing a bug.
    You missed the point people are referencing here, by way of Disney he's become familiar as more than the just an unnamed bug.
    He has a name, personality, regular bugs don't watch out for you, sing the theme song, become the symbolic guide and conscious to the main character LOL.
    So it's more than just "squishing a bug", those not familiar with the original might be surprised to find out Pinocchio just kills him with a mallet. LOL!
    Although(I personalty think it's great dark humor) as I indicated, even then he comes back as a ghost, and serves a similar function as guide and conscious.
    But to those not familiar and only exposed to Disney version, it would be surprising, be like finding out there is an original version where Luke killed Yoda.

And then you dismissing it as no big deal, he's just killing that little green creature. LOL. : p

------------------

Anyway, as far as a Live Action version casting Geppetto.

I'd cast De Niro ... who has totally become the embodiment of Geppetto.

And for the con-men the Fox & Cat; Al Pacino(fox) & Joe Pesci(cat)

And Leonardo DiCaprio as showman Mangiafuoco/Stromboli would steal the movie.

Last edited by Güicho; 06-03-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Robin Hood
    Just another Robin Hood adaption or you want a photo realistic "Live Action" Robin Hood as a fox?

What's funny is Disney already had a live action Robin Hood movie, before their cartoon fox version.

So it'd be a live action film story that was remade into cartoon animal film, now remade back into a live action film?

Unless you mean Not With humans? But "Live Action" fox and animals???
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-01-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Disney also had a live action Robin Hood movie, before their cartoon fox version.

Yea every studio has one. Iono if they did a photo realistic CGI version if the classic I'd only care that they play the song" Robin Hood and Liittle John running through the forest....." lol honestly I grew up in the 90 so Disneys Renaissance is what I want adapted. Given we got Beautt AND beast,Aladdin,Lion King, and Mulan up next I cant complain. Little mermaid is probaly coming soon to I'd bet. So yea almost any Dinsey movie from the 90s gonna get my vote.

Mighty Member

Check out "the Jodi Benson" on Facebook . She has a 18 year old daughter who also performs in theatre. Someone similar to her would be good for TLM.

Actually, what I'd like is a Saving Mr Banks type biopic about TLM : It is the late 80's. Disney hasn't had a hit fairy tale movie in decades, they're not considered cool apparently, Musker and Clements come across the Hans Christian Andersen story and decide it would make a great movie. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken are brought in fresh from Little Shop of Horrors. Howard has just had his musical Smile flop. It featured an actress by the name of Jodi Benson. Jodi's personal life is greatly troubled, apparently her marriage is in trouble and she is suicidal (true!). The creators and the boys upstairs don't always get along and Part of your World is nearly dropped from the film after they didn't think it went well at a test screening (!). The film gradually comes together, Ashman and Menken win an Oscar. Next day, Howard tells him he has AIDS. Jodi visits him in the hospital before he passes and sings POYW at a memorial service. A whole bunch of hit Disney flicks come out and Jodi appears in the Crazy for you musical, gathering a Tony Nomination.

Would YOU like to see this?

Astonishing Member

You missed the point people are referencing here, by way of Disney he's become familiar as more than the just an unnamed bug.
    He has a name, personality, regular bugs don't watch out for you, sing the theme song, become the symbolic guide and conscious to the main character LOL.
    So it's more than just "squishing a bug", those not familiar with the original might be surprised to find out Pinocchio just kills him with a mallet. LOL!
    Although(I personalty think it's great dark humor) as I indicated, even then he comes back as a ghost, and serves a similar function as guide and conscious.
    But to those not familiar and only exposed to Disney version, it would be surprising, be like finding out there is an original version where Luke killed Yoda.

And then you dismissing it as no big deal, he's just killing that little green creature. LOL. : p
    I didn't miss the point. I just don't care.

I didn't miss the point. I just don't care.
    Then why bother joking about it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Then why bother joking about it?
    It's not that I don't care one way or the other. It's that I don't care that people have such an attachment to the Disney version of the Talking Cricket. Which is why I'm making the joke. I'm kind of deriding that kind of attachment. Me, I've given up most of my nostalgic attachment to the Disney animated films. And the funny thing is that I probably enjoy Disney movies more now that I've given it up. I certainly watch more of them now (giving up my attachment went hand in hand with not feeling embarrassed about watching the girlier movies like Snow White, Cinderella and Enchanted). I feel I can be more critical of them now. And I can enjoy these live action reimaginings without feeling like they're profaning some kind of kids' movie masterpiece.

So, I guess it's that I don't care . . . about people's feelings about the Disney animated films.

Crap. Now people are really going to lay into me.

It's not that I don't care one way or the other. It's that I don't care that people have such an attachment to the Disney version of the Talking Cricket. Which is why I'm making the joke. I'm kind of deriding that kind of attachment. Me, I've given up most of my nostalgic attachment to the Disney animated films. And the funny thing is that I probably enjoy Disney movies more now that I've given it up. I certainly watch more of them now (giving up my attachment went hand in hand with not feeling embarrassed about watching the girlier movies like Snow White, Cinderella and Enchanted). I feel I can be more critical of them now. And I can enjoy these live action reimaginings without feeling like they're profaning some kind of kids' movie masterpiece.

So, I guess it's that I don't care . . . about people's feelings about the Disney animated films.

Crap. Now people are really going to lay into me.
    Eh, I don't really look at the remakes objectively; heck I refuse to see the new Dumbo because Timothy Mouse was in it and would be very inclined to skip a Pinocchio remake if Jiminy Cricket wasn't in it (those being my favorite characters from the originals and stuff I was/am really interested to see redone). On the other hand, I really don't get this idea that the remake devalues the original, either by not retelling it the way you like or my its mere existence. What's the point in being mad over it?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Eh, I don't really look at the remakes objectively; heck I refuse to see the new Dumbo because Timothy Mouse was in it and would be very inclined to skip a Pinocchio remake if Jiminy Cricket wasn't in it (those being my favorite characters from the originals and stuff I was/am really interested to see redone). On the other hand, I really don't get this idea that the remake devalues the original, either by not retelling it the way you like or my its mere existence. What's the point in being mad over it?
    Dumbo was basically an original movie with Dumbo in as a plot device. I didnt hate it but it wasnt good either. People get mad when they do shot for shot remakes but I feel like Aladdin which only added a few things was far superior to Dumbo. Now Jungle Book was good also and that was way different. Beauty and the Beast was in the same boat as Aladdin except imo beauty and the beats wasnt good. I never bought in and cared for they're version of beast like I did In the cartoon so the whole movie fell apart for me.

Aladdin for me is the the top of the hill with Jungle book right behind. Pretty sure Lion King will take that spot but who knows. Anyway repackage my childhood and sell it back to me all day. If it makes me happy that's all that matter to me