Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Didn't they actually have a crossover?
    Yea they were talking about it on the last page.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The series, Team Atlantis even had a few tie ins with another Disney series, Gargoyles during its scripting stage. One of which, The Last, had the group encountering Demona in 1920.
    Didn't they actually have a crossover?
    Thought "During the scripting stage" implied they had planed it, yet it hadn't come to pass (since the ongoing Animated series was never picked up).
    That is what was being discussed.
    Are you suggesting there was an actual episode? Or are you referring to something else where they crossed over?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-27-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Thought "During the scripting stage" implied they had planed it, yet it hadn't come to pass (since the ongoing Animated series was never picked up).
    That is what was being discussed.
    Are you suggesting there was an actual episode? Or are you referring to something else where they crossed over?
    Sorry I didn't follow the conversation that well. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    According to time they're actually making a bunch of these already......

Prince Charming
    Which one is he? I forget which film he's from? Or do many have that "name"?
    It's funny some complain about female representation in these old films, yet all the males are just interchangeable blank object of desire ciphers in these films.
    Or is there more to any of them? Do they even have enough referential backstory to build off? Or they just inventing whole-cloth.
    I remember being genuinely surprised to see the one from Sleeping Beauty(again can't remember if he even had a name) get a bit of narrative and spectacular looking heroic extended action scene.

Give this kick ass demon slayer, his own movie....

Edit: Oh wait, is he the one in Maleficent?
    That was actually pretty fantasic take, and great sympathetic spin on her character.
    So (if his role is to kill her) does he need to be turned into the bad guy in the new "narratives" ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-02-2020 at 07:26 AM.

I want them to remake "Snow White" just to see the car-wreck and how they'd screw up the dwarves .... is that bad?

It's funny some complain about female representation in these old films, yet all the males are just interchangeable blank object of desire ciphers in these films.
    Or is there more to any of them? Do they even have enough referential backstory to build off? Or they just inventing whole-cloth.
    I remember being genuinely surprised to see the one from Sleeping Beauty(again can't remember if he even had a name) get a bit of narrative and spectacular looking heroic extended action scene.

Give this kick ass demon slayer a movie....

Edit: Oh wait, is he the one in Maleficent?
    That was actually pretty fantasic take, and great sympathetic spin on her character.
    So does he need to be turned into the bad guy in the new "narratives" ?
    The Sleeping Beauty Prince was Philip. Disney officially considers Prince Charming to be the otherwise unnamed prince in Cinderella. Took him three whole movies to get a character, so I suppose you could draw off that.

On the other hand, Shrek already did the "Prince Charming is secretly evil" plot already.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I want them to remake "Snow White" just to see the car-wreck and how they'd screw up the dwarves .... is that bad?
    Bet they wouldn't even call them dwarves. Mulan can use the force now, wonder if it would be the same for our favorite apple enthusiast.

Of course she would be a perfect martial artist and capable of kicking flying object mid air cause that's how it goes nowadays, but now that i think of it Snow White was basically a housewife for them dwarfes, doing cooking and ****.

Oh man, i kinda want to see what the evil mouse would do with that now.

Extraordinary Member

Just let Disney go all in and do a Pocahontas live action film.

And watch the controversy unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The Black Cauldron or Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but a 6-10 episode Disney+ series.

I feel like Little Mermaid is coming, but I hope to god they cast a man in drag for Ursula.
    Last year I went and saw a live theatre production of Little Mermaid with Ursula played as a drag queen. It was the best thing ever! So I agree.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Last year I went and saw a live theatre production of Little Mermaid with Ursula played as a drag queen. It was the best thing ever! So I agree.
    If I remember right, Urusula's design was inspired by a drag queen.

Yep. Just checked. Divine was the inspiration.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Sleeping Beauty Prince was Philip. Disney officially considers Prince Charming to be the otherwise unnamed prince in Cinderella. Took him three whole movies to get a character, so I suppose you could draw off that.

On the other hand, Shrek already did the "Prince Charming is secretly evil" plot already.
    In Disney's own show Once Upon A Time Prince Charming is the prince that rescued Snow White from the Evil Queen.

I prefer movies like Malifiecent, where they re-imagine the movie rather than just adapt it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    In Disney's own show Once Upon A Time Prince Charming is the prince that rescued Snow White from the Evil Queen.
    Different continuity, but interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I want them to do a Little Mermaid Z, when we get an older Ariel and Eric who have taken their respective thrones in the kingdom(no more prince and princess, this is the REAL ****! You're King and Queen now, you make decisions, lots of people either live or die!) and see how they adapt to that sort of life, on top of becoming grandparents, which should put them in their late 30's to mid 40's.

Should get treatment as a political drama, with decisions getting the CSI angle and some action thrown in with a grown Melody as the diplomat/general taking care of expeditions responsible for either starting trade, or finishing wars.

But what's in for the kids?

Melody's sons, who are just beginning to learn about their ancestry and heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    According to time they're actually making a bunch of these already......

Prince Charming
    .... the males are just interchangeable blank object of desire ciphers in these films.
    Disney officially considers Prince Charming to be the otherwise unnamed prince in Cinderella.
    Different continuity, but interesting.
    Was it ever inferred their classic films shared the same continuity?

I mean other than appearing in random imagery together across merchandise?

Never saw the Once Upon A Time show, was that Disney? Was all the Disney content sharing one continuity, somewhat the premise?
    Also I heard Disney's Zorro was somehow part of that continuity? I'm curious if so, how he even fit in?
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-05-2020 at 05:41 PM.