Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'd give her a few for sure like 4/10
    That seems too high for me personally. He's stronger, more durable and has had better showings against multiple opponents at once.

It's not like he will just smash her to smithereens with no effort or anything, but he's certainly got big advantages.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Speed equal, Thanos is at least 9 out of 10. WW needs a miracle to win, against a guy who is stronger, more durable, as fast, more skilled and MUCH bigger. Size does matter: weight classes exist for a reason.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I wouldn't say more skilled at all. If anything, Diana has the edge.

Speed equalized, Thanos wins 9/10.

With regular speed, WW 9/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I wouldn't say more skilled at all. If anything, Diana has the edge.

Speed equalized, Thanos wins 9/10.

With regular speed, WW 9/10 times.
    Thanos was dealing with Thor, IM and Cap at once, and doing it by clearly-displayed skill. And a TAP from that blade is going to dismember Diana OR any of her weapons.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thanos was dealing with Thor, IM and Cap at once, and doing it by clearly-displayed skill. And a TAP from that blade is going to dismember Diana OR any of her weapons.
    We agree on the outcome, so I'm not arguing that, but why do you think he can just one shot her gear?

Her stuff is every bit as tough as Vibranium, if not tougher.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    We agree on the outcome, so I'm not arguing that, but why do you think he can just one shot her gear?

Her stuff is every bit as tough as Vibranium, if not tougher.
    I mean, I feel like you answered your own question, in a way. "As strong as Vibranium", implies that one good hit is at the least taking a chunk out of it.

For her bracelets, a chunk being taken out means they're done. Same with the sword, I'd assume. Not sure about the armor. Shield isn't getting one-shot simply because there's more of it to break.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Speed equal, Thanos is at least 9 out of 10. WW needs a miracle to win, against a guy who is stronger, more durable, as fast, more skilled and MUCH bigger. Size does matter: weight classes exist for a reason.
    Not saying that weight classes shouldn't exist for a reason, but in this case it's probably either irrelevant or takes on a different reason here altogether. As big as Thanos (or Doomsday, or Hulk, or whomever) are, their size and weight are nothing compared to how much Diana or other superstrong ones can lift.

Weight class at the superstrength levels should probably relate more to how much they can bench rather than how much they weigh. Diana, Supes, Thor, Thanos, etc. can all bench press buildings but each of them weighs just a teeny tiny fraction of a building. But clearly they're not the same strength level as each other, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean, I feel like you answered your own question, in a way. "As strong as Vibranium", implies that one good hit is at the least taking a chunk out of it.

For her bracelets, a chunk being taken out means they're done. Same with the sword, I'd assume. Not sure about the armor. Shield isn't getting one-shot simply because there's more of it to break.
    The sword and shield and bracers are all totally Doomsday proof. Not a scratch from any of his attacks nor Steppenwolf's or Ares'. Well, aside from Ares transmuting her first sword I guess.

What's the toughest thing MCU Vibranium has tanked again? I can't actually recall.
    - big_adventure

The sword and shield and bracers are all totally Doomsday proof. Not a scratch from any of his attacks nor Steppenwolf's or Ares'. Well, aside from Ares transmuting her first sword I guess.

What's the toughest thing MCU Vibranium has tanked again? I can't actually recall.
    As far as I can remember, a strike from Mjolnir is the strongest thing we've seen vibranium tank, even though we're told repeatedly that it's capable of so much more well after Avengers 1.

On the flip side, Ultron Prime had a vibranium shell, but it was slowly melting away under the combined firepower of Thor, Iron Man, and Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    As far as I can remember, a strike from Mjolnir is the strongest thing we've seen vibranium tank, even though we're told repeatedly that it's capable of so much more well after Avengers 1.

On the flip side, Ultron Prime had a vibranium shell, but it was slowly melting away under the combined firepower of Thor, Iron Man, and Vision.
    Vibranium had a weird relationship with Mjolnir so I'm leery on using it. Like a gentle tap sent tank killing shockwaves off the shield in AoU. It was also like a point in destroying Sokovia iirc.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not saying that weight classes shouldn't exist for a reason, but in this case it's probably either irrelevant or takes on a different reason here altogether. As big as Thanos (or Doomsday, or Hulk, or whomever) are, their size and weight are nothing compared to how much Diana or other superstrong ones can lift.

Weight class at the superstrength levels should probably relate more to how much they can bench rather than how much they weigh. Diana, Supes, Thor, Thanos, etc. can all bench press buildings but each of them weighs just a teeny tiny fraction of a building. But clearly they're not the same strength level as each other, either.
    It's not about the weight as much as it is the size and reach. Thanos has MUUUUCH better reach, and a weapon that can damage hers straight up. And again, greater skill and strength. Amazon gear was shown to be breakable - Ares did it to Wondy's sword.

Vibranium had a weird relationship with Mjolnir so I'm leery on using it. Like a gentle tap sent tank killing shockwaves off the shield in AoU. It was also like a point in destroying Sokovia iirc.
    The same gentle tap from Mjolnir would destroy the same tank, too. It was just using the shield for an AoE attack. But that's just impact -- the shield disperses the kinetic energy into it and spreads it out, and so it makes sense that something as powerful as a strike from Mjolnir would create such a shockwave. It's the same reason why Cap can use the shield to cushion falls from great heights, by dispersing the energy that would otherwise flatten him (for that matter, every time Thanos wailed on the shield should have broken pre-Mjolnir' Steve's arm, had it not been for the vibranium).

As for Sokovia, the charged hammer blow could only blow up Sokovia thanks to Iron Man's unibeam and the machine itself acting as a conduit.

Regardless, though, barring any vibranium-warping technology like the train system or Klaue's weapons, the sheer physical force of Mjolnir's strike is still the strongest attack we've seen it tank. That or Thanos' own punches, which are hard to gauge other than being "really, really strong."
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-28-2019 at 02:18 PM.

It's not about the weight as much as it is the size and reach. Thanos has MUUUUCH better reach, and a weapon that can damage hers straight up. And again, greater skill and strength. Amazon gear was shown to be breakable - Ares did it to Wondy's sword.
    Sure, I just don't think the term "weight class" as it's normally used is accurate here. Colossus in the X-Men movies is bigger and has more reach on Diana, and arguably he'd also be heavier, so by those definitions he'd be in a heavier weight class -- but she would crumple him up like a soda can and make Magneto burst into laughter.

Cap's shied has deflecting double barrel unloads from repulsors with no strain at all, said deflections being used to sweep a street of Chits. Obviously, lots of interactions with Mjolnir.

Panther's suit has all kinds of crazy ****, including falling uncontrolled thousands of feet, getting hit by the war rhinos, getting hit by the supertrain, getting hit by high tech grenades and missiles.

Vibranium basically only ever fails against itself (Panther claws), to Thor once (blowing up Sokovia, butthat's a special Mjolnir/vibranium thing, and it's mostly that the shockwave was a big enough omnidirectional blast to annihilate the city), to Klaw's special vibranium weapon (wasted a vibranium car), the combined full-power output from Iron Man, Mind Stone Vision and Thor at once, and even then, slowly, and to Thanos' cutty stick. It flat-out no-sells everything else, including shots from IM, Thor and Ultron.