Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Saitama vs Ogrest

Ogrest obviously at the peak of his power here. If Saitama beats Ogrest, then he gets to fight Ogrest and Ogrest's six dragons.

Arena is covered to prevent spacetossing
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What's Ogrest from?

What speedfeats does Ogrest have? Because even disregarding the fact that Saitama no sells hits from a class 100 dude on the level of Ogrest's strength, he can just blitz, barring some truly incredible speed feats from Ogrest.

Pipoune, who slightly lifted and subsequently moved a mountain nation (please don't take that as continent moving; it was like, a big mountain and miles of the surrounding land, going about twenty metres down into the ground), was incapable of physically injuring Ogrest beyond ruffling his fur, and was consistently overpowered by the guy, which puts him way beyond anyone Saitama has fought (also a Yugo who was lifting and teleporting an island into space that day similarly failed to damage him with a focused attack of the same power). Ogrest does not have anything like Saitama's speed, but basically all of his attacks are AoE because he does things like punch a boulder so hard it causes an explosion that was at least in the megaton range, expanding well out into the ocean (this ALSO didn't damage Ogrest), and his screams were shaking apart an island. He's probably as fast as Pipoune, whose fists can leave afterimages, but nothing that puts him remotely in Saitama's realm. Saitama's best feats for striking power so far are maaaaybe getting close to the level of strength on display by Iop god Pipoune, but Saitama can obviously land a shitload more hits with impunity until Ogrest starts AoE-ing.

Ogrest, of course, hasn't tired in about two hundred years, so that's probably not going to be a problem for him. The dragons didn't get a lot of playtime, but they were nebulously in the area where they could at least compete with Pipoune and not get instantly destroyed when he hit (though I think he only actually hit one). One of them tore off Pipoune's arm, which is pretty impressive when he'd been taking hits from Ogrest himself.

Ogrest is kind of a Powerpuff girl gone wrong, and the ultimate very definitely last boss of a setting where things get pretty DBZish in the tier just below him for everything but speed. IIRC, the entire reason that the gods (except, ultimately, Iop) are basically in hiding is because they want nothing to do with Ogrest.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 05-26-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Oh, and because I totally forgot to respond to Nik, he's from Wakfu/Dofus, a French MMO/cartoon/comic series. Highly recommend if you like high powered fights with basically no PIS ever, and like, FANTASTIC villains. Wakfu is up on Netflix, including the Ogrest miniseries.

Here's a couple of my favourite fights (with some spoilers), which have no real bearing on this one, as the characters in them are far enough below Ogrest that he's still functionally an inexorable force of nature as far as they're concerned (also Ogrest doesn't even exist yet in one of them). Also if you're interested, do yourself a favour and never watch the dub.

Last edited by BitVyper; 05-26-2019 at 10:40 AM.

*cough* the second video that was meant for the post above and has nothing to do with this fight because I'm just taking an opportunity to indulge myself here and talk about how great Wakfu is:

More pertinent to this thread, here's the actual fight with Ogrest but with a lot of footage removed:

The actual abilities of the guys fighting him were largely established in other scenes though. Orange hair is the nation mover. Note Pipoune using his entire body as a lever just to keep Ogrest's jaw open for a couple seconds. Also Yugo is pretty much spirit bombing Ogrest for the entire fight, to where The World of Twelve is weakening with pretty much everything he does.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 05-26-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Pipoune, who slightly lifted and subsequently moved a mountain nation (please don't take that as continent moving; it was like, a big mountain and miles of the surrounding land, going about twenty metres down into the ground), was incapable of physically injuring Ogrest beyond ruffling his fur, and was consistently overpowered by the guy, which puts him way beyond anyone Saitama has fought (also a Yugo who was lifting and teleporting an island into space that day similarly failed to damage him with a focused attack of the same power).
    I don't think this is actually the case. Kicking someone to the moon at relativistic speeds is pretty ridiculous. Also, Saitama left a crater that was a large fraction of the moon. That's much more in line with the kind of power needed to bust up continents. Way beyond moving a mountain+surrounding land or an island or what have you.

This isn't even getting into the speed thing, which means Saitama can put out any number of serious punches before Ogrest can even react.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 05-26-2019 at 01:55 PM.

I'm not seeing why the grossly faster Saitama doesn't just blitz him into the ground.

He's a strong and durable guy. Saitama will certainly need to bring his A-game to hurt him.

But he's also functionally a statue.

I don't think this is actually the case. Kicking someone to the moon at relativistic speeds is pretty ridiculous. Also, Saitama left a crater that was a large fraction of the moon. That's much more in line with the kind of power needed to bust up continents. Way beyond moving a mountain+surrounding land or an island or what have you.
    I'm not really sure how to demonstrate either way on that, so I think at best we can say they're both pretty massively class 100 feats, but that was an effort Boros pulled off once while absolutely maxed out in a form that was shortening his life drastically, while Pipoune was able to sustain the strength he needed to move the Sadida kingdom, with no indication that he couldn't keep on doing so, and Ogrest took an absolute pummelling from him.

I'm not seeing why the grossly faster Saitama doesn't just blitz him into the ground.

He's a strong and durable guy. Saitama will certainly need to bring his A-game to hurt him.

But he's also functionally a statue.
    Saitama can absolutely blitz him. It's a question of if Saitama can actually put him down before he starts literally nuking the area with his punches and screams. Saitama may not get put down by something like that, but he can absolutely be knocked around and has, which puts a stop to the blitz when it starts happening. Ogrest is, to all appearances, around as durable as he is.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 05-26-2019 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

Ogrest looks to me like an amped up version of Carnage Kabuto, from everything he does.

Judging just from this fight video, I don't think he'd last against something like Boros or Tatsumaki let alone Saitama.

Bit, I'm not sure follow your logic. Ogrest isn't going to get any AoE attacks off because he is functionally a statue to Saitama.

He was getting knocked about and stopped from doing things by Yugo and Pipoune. Saitama can just do that faster and with more strength. Ogrest will never hit him or get a decent swing off.

If you hadn't specifically blocked spacetoss, this wouldn't even be a question.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Also if you're interested, do yourself a favour and never watch the dub.
    So true. I mean, they could have done worse (the dub isn't atrocious, and I'm sure we've all seen atrocious dubs), but the original voice acting is just that much better.

*cough* the second video that was meant for the post above and has nothing to do with this fight because I'm just taking an opportunity to indulge myself here and talk about how great Wakfu is:
    Favourite fight of the series. Which, I think, is the case for most people.

I think the speed is what's going to kill Ogrest, here. While there are some really fast fights in Wakfuu, nothing comes even close to Saitama. And I'm pretty sure Saitama has the oomph to actually hurt Ogrest. That he can blitz the guy is without question, that he can blitz him with hundreds of punches before Ogrest can react I think is without question, and if he can do that AND hurt Ogrest, he's going to win.

Mileage, varies, etc.

*is sad*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm pretty sure Saitama has the oomph to actually hurt Ogrest.

Quite faithful to the manga, so visually Saitama VS Genos here IMO is close in speed to what was happening in the fight above against Ogrest.

Note the punch at the end; that's a shockwave causing the damage. I don't see Ogrest taking anything remotely like it in the video above.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

And to pile on, this is Saitama most definitely not approaching going all out. He didn't want to kill Genos. As far as it goes, we've never seen Saitama go all out with anything. He basically plays around until he decides to punch, and that punch annihilates what he hits.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan