Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Maybe because she's been a hero for longer than a villain, but editorial has a nostalgia fetish?

She was a villain from 1982-1990. She was a hero from 1992-2010.
    Just like Bishop will always go back to being a dimension hopping mass murderer, right? Or is it only character assassination when it's a character you like?
    Bishop always has been a hero. He has no reasons to repeat it again. Now Emma went extreme in every opportunity she had

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I enjoy interviews with JDW. I think he is a fun person and I used to enjoy X-men Monday when it was on his twitter. I hate that he seems to have a negative view of this board. They casually mentioned a message board and pretty sure he means this one. I think the negativity towards us is because so many of us have expressed disdain for both Disassembled and Age of X-man.

I came back to the X-men after an absence for a few years, and I came back due to Teen Jean, the Jean Grey solo, and the Iceman solo. I enjoyed Blue and Gold though both had issues. I loved X-men Red. Right now I'm excited for Hickman but the current Uncanny run and Age of X-man has made it really tough to keep the excitement going. I do have faith that the X-men is about to get a lot better.

I wish creators didn't hate the fans (celebs hate their fans, teachers hate their students - it is so old and tired). I think creators take it personally when we vocalize how much we dislike their work. I get it. I feel guilty sometimes for expressing how much I dislike the X-books at the moment. I want to enjoy them.

I hope JDW doesn't become one of those editors that constantly feels the need to knock on the fans. I also hope he sees the support from those who are fans of the current X-books because we know they exist.
    X-men fandom sadly is really toxic and divisive. It would be wise for the creators to ignore the drama of a fan base that doesn't agree on anything. Like, no matters what happens there is always goign to be people who hate it, that's 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop always has been a hero. He has no reasons to repeat it again. Now Emma went extreme in every opportunity she had
    When? When editorial needed a bad guy for AvX (Scott), IvX (Emma). Neither of them made any sense, and have since been completely ignored even by the characters that participated in them. What makes you think they won't throw Bishop under the bus again when they need a time travel bad guy?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    X-men fandom sadly is really toxic and divisive. It would be wise for the creators to ignore the drama of a fan base that doesn't agree on anything. Like, no matters what happens there is always goign to be people who hate it, that's 100% sure.
    "You can please 100 percent of people 0 percent of the time."

When? When editorial needed a bad guy for AvX (Scott), IvX (Emma). Neither of them made any sense, and have since been completely ignored even by the characters that participated in them. What makes you think they won't throw Bishop under the bus again when they need a time travel bad guy?
    Scott and EMma were on the path to be villains.

I don't think Marvel can get another angry black man attacks again. People are up on their racist BS

Scott and EMma were on the path to be villains.

I don't think Marvel can get another angry black man attacks again. People are up on their racist BS
    Do you really think they had Bishop go off on Cable and Hope because they were RACIST? REALLY?

Wow... just... wow...

Do you really think they had Bishop go off on Cable and Hope because they were RACIST? REALLY?

Wow... just... wow...
    they had the one major black man go after akid;he was a villain when he was always a hero and a xmen fanboy. The way he was singled out was ugly

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Wow... just... wow...
    I doubt he had this "opinion" until a few months ago, when it was revealed AoX Bishop would sleep with Jean, therefore, in theory, possibly be used as a way to get Scott angry, maybe even look bad.

That's called tone-deafness. On paper, putting two major time travelers in a grand conflict sounds cool. Or they thought that one's existence made the other redundant (which is true).
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

they had the one major black man go after akid;he was a villain when he was always a hero and a xmen fanboy. The way he was singled out was ugly
    They had Bishop go because he was one of two characters on the X-Men to regularly go through time, the other being Rachel. You're insinuating that they did it because he's the black guy who time travels, when in all likelihood it was that he was the time traveler who happened to be black. It honestly sounds like the story was written for Trevor Fitzroy to be the bad guy, but they didn't want to bring him back for some reason.

It was definitely racially insensitive to have a black man’s undoing and character assassination at the hands of an old white man and a white girl. No doubt about that. But I’m sure it wasn’t done out of any particular malice for the character or that it was done solely because Bishop was black.

Since I've been on CBR (around 2012), the X-books forum has always been by far the most negative in the entire site. Name a popular run that people look at fondly now and at least 60% of the forum members hated it when it was actually running lol. Only the Wonder Woman sub-forum comes close in negativity and even that ain't really close.

Hickman's run isn't gonna be any different so I think JDW should honestly just not read the forum. It's not worth it at all lmao

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Since I've been on CBR (around 2012), the X-books forum has always been by far the most negative in the entire site. Name a popular run that people look at fondly now and at least 60% of the forum members hated it when it was actually running lol. Only the Wonder Woman sub-forum comes close in negativity and even that ain't really close.

Hickman's run isn't gonna be any different so I think JDW should honestly just not read the forum. It's not worth it at all lmao
    My observational experience so far has actually been the opposite. People hyping up a writer and their writing, playing defense to criticism and complaints, then by the end the defense part drops away. Only exception being when it's events/stories clearly designed to tear the X-Men franchise down.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

The negativity was there but all I can remember from that time you talk about was the thread that wasnt devoted to x-men...someone even tried to get a Fantasy football league together!!!! That thread always had the most responses.
    I remember all other sections of CBR hated going to the X-Men part because everyone was so snarky.
    That hasnt changed.
    The main topic at the time was if homosexuality was natal or environmental factors. Crazy stuff.
    Actually its still there...I just never click on it. lol
    Last edited by jsg2295; 05-26-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Hopefully one day users understand that trying to undermine and devalue entire works by constantly calling them "filler" or "useless" may not put them in the best light with a group editor or the attached writers.