Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Naw, I would read Black Panther, Cap, and Blue Marvel for the long haul.

Nah. But I didn’t mind that Avengers Prime mini they did after Siege.

Nah, I would rather just read their solo books or the Avengers
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That's even worse, they are too similar to not be boring.

I'd probably buy it.

GIven the characters, it would likely have an A list creative team.

BANNED

if it's anything like marvels version of Dc's trinity by Kurt busiek then definitely will be interested. however perhaps it could be better if it focused on various trinities from time to time like Monica/panther/Adam, Captain Marvel/War machine/US Agent, Hulk/sentry/Voyager etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Would you buy a book that was just about Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor working together as a trio with no other teammates?
    I love all three. But, it would depend on who is doing the writing & who is doing the drawing (IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Would you buy a book that was just about Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor working together as a trio with no other teammates?
    I've done it in the past. Really it all depends on the art.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

A mini series would be a good start, or maybe a crossover like Stand Off some years back. But if Marvel pulls a bait and switch with the creative team then that would tick me off. They did that with Marvel 2 in One and had Jim Cheung on it then suddenly he was gone to DC. I still think there is some behind the scenes stuff going on with artists but that's another topic.

Gone to DC? Cheung isn't exclusive though and will be contributing to Marvel Comics #1000 (probably drawing the Young Avengers, since Heinberg is writing that page). He just no longer had time for Two In One because he was on the double shipping Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I'm too much of a fan of the lower-tier characters. (That said, I've enjoyed Thor and Iron Man's solo books, in the day, and Captain America as an Avenger.)

I'd totally spend my money on an Avengers book about Avengers *other* than the 'big three', though, like Wanda, Hank, Janet, Simon, Vision, Clint, T'Challa, etc. as 'classic' Avengers, or even lower-popularity Avengers like Machine Man, Stingray, Songbird, Mockingbird, Living Lightning, Moondragon, Sersi, etc.

I've always been pretty contrary, 'though, and preferred X-Men who aren't Wolverine, or Justice League members who aren't part of the 'big seven' or Legionnaires beyond the core 'Founders + Brainy + Superboy' or even the secondary characters or 'NPCs' on TV shows over the primary or 'name' characters (Lower Decks being one of my favorite Star Trek: Next Generation episodes, and Buffy being my least favorite member of her 'Scooby Gang,' even below such tertiary characters as Cordelia and Anya). A Tony, Steve and Thor team would be kind of the opposite of my jam.

If the writing and stories were good and they had a strong handle on the trio's dynamics and characterizations (IE, Thor isn't written like Aaron's, Tony isn't just a RDJ Pastiche, and Cap isn't a parody of himself), I'd probably check it out.

Probably not.

Maybe if it's done by my favorites writer and artist AND if there are a lot of D-list guest stars who get to be relevant, I would give it a try.
    Anything less, I pass.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gone to DC? Cheung isn't exclusive though and will be contributing to Marvel Comics #1000 (probably drawing the Young Avengers, since Heinberg is writing that page). He just no longer had time for Two In One because he was on the double shipping Justice League.
    Not to derail too much but when MTIO was promoted, they gave out Jim Cheung's name as the artist. Of course these days it seems like this is no indication that the artist will be on the project for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Make it BP, Strange, and Thor and you would have a pretty cool book that covers a wife range of stuff. Magic, gods, crazy tech.. plus Bp and strange work well together and i would like the royals to bounce off each other some more