Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member angelusdelioncourt's Avatar

Exclamation MCU: Loki VS Ant-Man (Scott can't go giant or bigger than his normal size)

Scott also can't throw Pym particle disks at Loki to make Loki smaller or bigger. Loki from Ragnarok, as that would be his most experienced incarnation, getting experience from fighting undead Asgardians.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelusdelioncourt View Post
    Scott also can't throw Pym particle disks at Loki to make Loki smaller or bigger. Loki from Ragnarok, as that would be his most experienced incarnation, getting experience from fighting undead Asgardians.
    Loki would slaughter Pym given the stips on the fight.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

It's not Hank Pym. It's Scott Lang. Scott can still go small and back to his normal size. Just not bigger

If anything, would no Illusions help?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I guess that AntMan could become too small to see without the plot-o-vision that lets goons reliably shoot at someone who is small enough to ride a flying ant, while he's riding a flying ant, then jump in Loki's nose and revert back to normal size, or something. Provided that he could find Loki past his illusions.

Huh. I guess this would mostly be a high stakes game of Hide and Seek, in which case I would bet on the Trickster God with Thor-shanking knives against an ex-con with the ability to shift sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by angelusdelioncourt View Post
    It's not Hank Pym. It's Scott Lang. Scott can still go small and back to his normal size. Just not bigger

If anything, would no Illusions help?
    First, mea culpa, I knew who you meant of course and just mis-typed.

Second, no, not really. Scott can't do anything to Loki - the dude ignores assault rifle fire, is just KO'd by "puny god" and is fine shortly after, pretty much no-sells shots from Cap WHEN LOKI IS TRYING TO LOSE, can fight a losing battle against his step-brother, can fight a pretty even battle with Valkyrie (he lost by underestimating her ability to come back from the mind games), isn't hurt by the exploding arrow, no-look catches the exploding arrow, blah blah blah. Scott will have to sleep eventually. Loki will find him eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I guess that AntMan could become too small to see without the plot-o-vision that lets goons reliably shoot at someone who is small enough to ride a flying ant, while he's riding a flying ant, then jump in Loki's nose and revert back to normal size, or something. Provided that he could find Loki past his illusions.

Huh. I guess this would mostly be a high stakes game of Hide and Seek, in which case I would bet on the Trickster God with Thor-shanking knives against an ex-con with the ability to shift sizes.
    Him doing that in Loki's nose would be disgusting, but Asgardian durability (of which Loki, while not Asgardian, is constantly portrayed as equivalent) is just too high for soft human fleshy stuff to win against. Not only do we have Loki's feats, we have the lower-level Asgardian feats from AoS, which are certainly canon.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Basically, Scott flying into Loki's nose and transforming back to full size is likely to end with Loki's nose being appallingly damaged (possibly missing) and Scott...painfully squished to death while expanding.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Him doing that in Loki's nose would be disgusting, but Asgardian durability (of which Loki, while not Asgardian, is constantly portrayed as equivalent) is just too high for soft human fleshy stuff to win against. Not only do we have Loki's feats, we have the lower-level Asgardian feats from AoS, which are certainly canon.
    I've always justified this as Loki being the son of a king (Lauffey)

So his durability is near Thor levels, who is also the son of a king.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

While Scott is forbidden from using his discs against Loki in this fight, that doesn't mean he can't use them at all. One possible tactic he could try is shrinking down so Loki can't target him. Then grab a pebble or a grain of sand and then go inside Loki to use a disk to enlarge that to cause asphyxiation, stroke or heart attack.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Swiss army nerd

How durable are we saying Loki's actual brain is? Couldn't Scott just work his way up and start ripping apart grey matter?

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    How durable are we saying Loki's actual brain is? Couldn't Scott just work his way up and start ripping apart grey matter?
    We don't usually go by compartmentalized durability unless it's a specific part of the character.

If a character can take getting shot by assault rifles without noticing, all of them can, unless it's an explicit weakness. For example, comic Wonder Woman can survive punches from Kryptonians, and nukes exploding in her face, but a bullet will hurt her. She's got, stupidly enough, a bullet weakness.

Yeah, meat is meat. No reason a dudes heart or brain are waaay less durable then their skin.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    First, mea culpa, I knew who you meant of course and just mis-typed.

Second, no, not really. Scott can't do anything to Loki - the dude ignores assault rifle fire, is just KO'd by "puny god" and is fine shortly after, pretty much no-sells shots from Cap WHEN LOKI IS TRYING TO LOSE, can fight a losing battle against his step-brother, can fight a pretty even battle with Valkyrie (he lost by underestimating her ability to come back from the mind games), isn't hurt by the exploding arrow, no-look catches the exploding arrow, blah blah blah. Scott will have to sleep eventually. Loki will find him eventually.

Ah! Given Loki's durability, would MCU Ghost's strength be enough to break Loki's neck?

What's her best strength feat? Like tossing a dude real far right?

I'm gonna go with "Nope" on the whole neck breaking thing. Thanos managed because he's some sort of truly ridiculous creature miles ahead of 99% of Asgardians.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What's her best strength feat? Like tossing a dude real far right?

I'm gonna go with "Nope" on the whole neck breaking thing. Thanos managed because he's some sort of truly ridiculous creature miles ahead of 99% of Asgardians.
    Ghost was able to kick Ant-Man through some walls. Oh no, not with one hand like Thanos. I was thinking that same kick to the neck or something

In a worst-case scenario, Ant-Man has a way of dismantling even the sturdiest characters by shrinking down to the Quantum Realm. In doing so, he's free to smash apart his opponent's molecules and atoms, destabilizing them most painfully.