Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Your Own DC Video Game

Inspired by a thread on the Marvel forum. Come up with your idea for a video game starring one or more DC characters and the type of game you’d want.

Wonder Woman
    Hack and slash/beat em up game starring Diana and her fellow Amazons in a war against the Olympians. Each Amazon has their own unique weapons and playing style.
    Diana is the jack of all trades with her lasso being her most versatile yet difficult weapon. Donna and Cassie are fast yet weak with Cassie using a pair of guantlets while Donna uses a staff. Artemis hits hard and fast with a pair of sickles and the ability to create swords and daggers but has low defense. Akila’s spells offer up strong defenses and traps. Hippolyta is slow yet strong. And Philipus and Nubia are terrifying combinations of speed and strength but lack versatility.

Has single player and online co-op mode.

Dreadriders
    Action game starring Roy Harper, Artemis Crock and Jade Nguyen. Roy and Artemis open up their own bounty hunter business with a reluctant Jade joining them as an attempt to go straight. Players take control of either Roy, Jade or Artemis and unlock new skills and weapons for each character. Boss characters include Sportsmaster, Prometheus and Deathstroke. Missions include rescuing kidnapped children and dismantling terrorist cells.
    Roy’s weapons are a pair of machetes, guns, a rifle and a bow. Artemis uses a crossbow, sword and bolos. Jade uses throwing knives, shuriken and swords. Like with DMC,

Cassandra Cain: Daughter of Destruction
    An open-world combat game in lieu of the Yakuza series.

Shadowpact
    Action RPG in lieu of X-Men: Apocalypse. Characters are Nightshade, Blue Devil, Ragman, Enchantress, Pia Morales and Nightmaster.

Wonder Woman game should be like Elder Scrolls/Witcher RPG style.

Green Lantern game in the mode of space exploration RPG.

Hawkman game where it's open world flying around Thanagar

Green Arrow island survival game would be awesome.

Honestly, all I'd ever need is a DC game akin to Marvel's Ultimate Alliance series.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

Green Arrow island survival game would be awesome.
    I am right there with you there.

Lord knows there's enough Batman games, but I'd like to see a Mirror's Edge style game with Batman, Robin, Nightwing, whomever chasing down criminals and traversing the city in a similar fashion.

Completely divorced from the Arkham games and their combat system.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I really want this Superman game.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think a straight up Justice League action game would be awesome. I have very fond memories of the Dwayne McDuffie written Justice League Heroes.

Mighty Member

I always liked:

1.) BATMAN/ROBIN/NIGHTWING GAME which is like MEDAL OF HONOR (Missions with kind of Open-World)
    I like the idea of a Year or so as Batman:
    Starting as Bruce Wayne at a party or so, the Batsymbol is visible and you leave Party, down Batcave and start with the Batmobil
    It would be nice to see this in different missions, because you could visit different places in Gotham with different enemies etc.

-Kidnapping by Black Mask
    -Bank Robbery by Joker
    -Clayface terorizing the City
    -Killer Croc escapes from Arkham

I would really love it, because you could then (like in Medal of Honor) select the Mission, play it another time....

2.) Flash
    Flash doesnt have many interesting villains, but if Sonic could have a Videogame than also Flash could have one and it would be very cool to catch bullets etc.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think a straight up Justice League action game would be awesome. I have very fond memories of the Dwayne McDuffie written Justice League Heroes.
    Sign me up for this too. I think the best way to go is a DCU action game that emphasizes team-ups and dialogue between characters in gameplay. Let players relive their favorite duos or create some all their own!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Suicide Squad
    23) Harley Quinn
    24) Killer Frost
    25) Katana
    26) El Diablo
    27) Bronze Tiger
    A legit Suicide Squad game (by legit I mean actual acts of Suicide to fulfill the mission) would be interesting.
    Where you have to knowingly sacrifice characters at several instances to move ahead. And holding any one favorite to strongly (I'm looking at you Deadshot, Boomerang and Harley) would actually make the mission fail.

I remember both Suicide Squad and Rogue One movies came out about the same time, both supposed "Suicide Missions" where SS almost everyone significant lives, (expt Croc, El Diablo (can't remember Flag? Enchantress?) in R1 it actually was a Suicide mission for all of them!

Also include a way any given chosen character, has a scripted means of escaping the mission (the game) to freedom. You just have to knowingly betray the mission and figure out where and when to make the move for each one. Anything short would get their heads exploded.

You have to weigh the balance of playing to finish the game(mission) or play for your own freedom, where you may need to betray not just the mission but others. etc...

And from the tread; CREATE A DC FIGHTING GAME ROSTER- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1503264

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    Imagine a new DC fighting game is in development, with a roster of 30 characters

Based on the episode: "The Final Challenge"

Blue Team: DC Heroes
    1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Aquaman
    4. Flash
    5. Green Lantern
    6. Hawkman
    7. Hawkwoman
    8. Batman

Red Team: Villains
    9. Lex Luthor
    10. Cheetah
    11. Sinestro
    12. Brainiac
    13. Cap. Cold
    14. Ridler
    15. Mnata
    16. Grundy
    17. Bizzaro
    18. Toyman
    19. Grodd
    20. Giganta
    21. Scarecrow

Green Team: Hanna Barbera Heroes
    22. Apache
    23. Rima
    24. Vulcan
    25. Samurai
    26. Dorado
    27. Zan
    28. Jayna
    29. Gleek

30. Vartoo - Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    - plus 2 bonus secret characters.
    Bonus "secret" unlockable characters:
    -Wendy & Marvin (and Wonderdog)
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-29-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Mighty Member

I want a good Superman game most of all, but it's not the game I would make.

I'd probably make a Deadman game, an action stealth mystery hybrid with multiple endings.

A JLA game similar to the old Ultimate Alliance game. Start out with Batman, Superman, WonderWoman (yes, instead of the four like they did on UA, start with the trinity) and add more heroes as you go along.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post

I'd probably make a Deadman game, an action stealth mystery hybrid with multiple endings.
    That could be really good with jumping Deadman from body to body. Throw in some levels where your on the mystical plane too and you have a winner.

A Diablo style game would be a good take for Wonder Woman or Shadowpact.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I'd play that. Sounds great... but I think I'll raise one level.

Id get the guys that made F.E.A.R and a couple guy from something like "Agony", or "Sinking City",or Dark Souls....

and make:
    Deadman and make it an action stealth HORROR game with multiple endings.

People seem to love horror games action games, horror games, and stealth games so such a thing would slide right in.

Id make something between DCUO and That cancelled marvel game a years or so ago.

Difference I'd use the unreal engine to do it.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.