Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Given how different Diana and Lara are as characters, I don't see how a Tomb Raider-style Wonder Woman game would work. You'd have to severely power her down and that's not needed or wise. Bayonetta, God of War, Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy would make more sense.

As far as the comparison ^ wasn't just the question to who she might be fighting, since her franchise offers everything from human armies through every time period, to the gods, monsters, and beings invoked by, powered by, or manipulating them.) as game antagonists. That was never an impasse.
    But to any ongoing doubt or hurdle from DC developer to a game franchise built around a lead female protagonist.
    Not sure how that was lost on you?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-28-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    The comparison ^ wasn't to the hypothetical doubt or hurdles as to who she might be fighting, since her franchise offers everything from human armies through every time period, to the gods, monsters, and beings invoked by, powered by, or manipulating them.) as game antagonists.
    But to any ongoing doubt or hurdle from DC developer to a game franchise built off and around a lead female protagonist.
    Not sure how that was lost on you?
    That wasn't clear from your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You'd have to severely power her down and that's not needed or wise.
    Only you suggested ^that.

Extrapolating more fantastic setting and powerful villains for WW is a given, there is dozens of games you can invoke since Tomb Raider. She can be fighting an enemy soldier from any era, or the actual God behind, manipulating them. Both!
    So being she lends herself to the widest array, you really don't see why (and what about) invoking Tomb Raider specifically, when discussing WW as the potential game protagonist becomes self evident.

That wasn't clear ....
    ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-28-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Given how different Diana and Lara are as characters, I don't see how a Tomb Raider-style Wonder Woman game would work. You'd have to severely power her down and that's not needed or wise. Bayonetta, God of War, Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy would make more sense.
    I think the concept could work but leveled up. So Instead of jumping from ledge to ledge, she's flying through tunnels and avoiding/defending against traps in ancient tombs.

Only you suggested ^that.

Extrapolating more fantastic setting and powerful villains for WW is a given, there is dozens of games you can invoke since Tomb Raider. She can be fighting an enemy soldier from any era, or the actual God behind, manipulating them. Both!
    So being she lends herself to the widest array, you really don't see why (and what about) invoking Tomb Raider specifically, when discussing WW as the potential game protagonist is self evident.

?
    1996 - Tomb Raider - still going strong, ever expanding and evolving.
    2020 - Over two decades since, DC developers - we still have no idea, what character we have or how we could ever develop something like this?
    Your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, all I'd ever need is a DC game akin to Marvel's Ultimate Alliance series.
    So agree. But there are different ways they could go about it.
    As for me, I’d have Game 1 with a 30 character roster. To begin, you have a choice of 4 story modes that require you to beat them to unlock their character outside of story mode, and you unlock the other 26 characters within the story.
    I mean you’d probably have to do a Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman story, but I would make my fourth one a bit of a dark horse and use somebody like Golden Eagle.