Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The only reason this death will stick is if the comics publishing branch is failing and they run out of time before someone pitches another banal revival arc. Not that I disagree with bringing Roy back, just that the resurrection is boring and predictable and he shouldn't have died so pointlessly and dismissively in the first place.
    I personally hope for Roy coming back together with Lian and building a happy family with Donna...

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I personally liked it like that. Death had some meaning, Barry stayed dead, Jason stayed dead. It felt like there were stakes to the universe and consequences for stories.
    I actually liked it better that way too.

The question isn't whether or not Roy will come back but how well the story of his return will be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The question isn't whether or not Roy will come back but how well the story of his return will be told.
    Keep Abnett and Lobdell away and it might be alright.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I personally hope for Roy coming back together with Lian and building a happy family with Donna...
    Roy NEEDS to have Lian back. SHe's such a great character and being a single father is such a unique character quality.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Keep Abnett and Lobdell away and it might be alright.
    I thought many people liked Lobdell's use of Roy with Red Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know there was a Roy fan who went on about how badly Roy was handled in the New 52/Outlaws run.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Not if Didio can help it he won't. To him that is one down 4 to go (the others being Dick, Donna, Wally, and Garth). He hates the original Teen Titans (and most of the Titans created before the late 90's for that matter)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Not if Didio can help it he won't. To him that is one down 4 to go (the others being Dick, Donna, Wally, and Garth). He hates the original Teen Titans (and most of the Titans created before the late 90's for that matter)
    He loves the originally created NTT cast. It's why you constantly see them shuffled from team to team, given solos, getting put in JL books, etc. They're unrelated to the "important" heroes that he does care about and has a very narrow vision for. So early 80s seems to be his ideal.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    He loves the originally created NTT cast. It's why you constantly see them shuffled from team to team, given solos, getting put in JL books, etc. They're unrelated to the "important" heroes that he does care about and has a very narrow vision for. So early 80s seems to be his ideal.
    I think the only reason is because they are just so popular. If they were not as popular as they are they would all be cannon fodder and there would be no teen heroes older than 15 or 16.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the only reason is because they are just so popular. If they were not as popular as they are they would all be cannon fodder and there would be no teen heroes older than 15 or 16.
    Popularity has never overtaken Didio's bias. QED, Wally West, NTT member and formerly DC's third most popular hero before Didio came into power.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    People like it but that is not like Roy at all. He's a regressed caricature of Roy who is basically Jason's yes man and his only defining trait is that he's Jason's best friend.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Yeah I follow RoyHarperTalk on Twitter.

Astonishing Member

I miss Roy already.

I miss him in Red Hood, mostly. I thought Titans felt like kind of a nostalgia trip downgrade. Like he just had to be there to complete the line-up but didn't add much from his current kind of style and place in the DCU. But I thought the hints laid down in Lemire & Sorrentino's Green Arrow run, and then the follow-up in Percy's run, really fixed a lot of Roy Harper problems in a smart way, bringing his classic origins up to date in ways that were relevant, referencing his historic 1970s drug issue respectfully, and so on.

When he comes back he needs a new costume. The Titans one was bad. I always thought the New 52 one was bad but frankly ... not that bad. The follow-ups were way worse. His Arsenal costumes all used to be pretty bad. His Speedy costume was bad. His Red Arrow costume was just 70s Green Arrow's costume.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com