Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I've always felt that's more of a Marvel Comics thing to bring back dead characters so quickly.
    DC tends to wait a bit longer to bring back characters who really died.
    Well it felt like DC tried to make death stick but they slowly but surely threw it out the window. He'll be back in at-least a year.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well it felt like DC tried to make death stick but they slowly but surely threw it out the window. He'll be back in at-least a year.
    It's not that I think DC won't ever bring back Roy (eventually).
    I just disagree with how quickly Arsenal expects it to happen:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    A few years? I’ll be shocked if he’s not back by June 2020 at the latest.

I mean, let's be honest: unless we have a line-wide reboot by then, Roy wasn't exactly one of DC's most in-demand characters.

Astonishing Member

I hope Roy and some of the other Titans who were killed off so stupidly come back. With the way things are going at DC, they'll have to bring back some of the dead and derailed Titans anyways to fill out a roster someday. Unless they want to push the lesser known ones, but DC won't do that.

I mean, let's be honest: unless we have a line-wide reboot by then, Roy wasn't exactly one of DC's most in-demand characters.
    Who even is in DC's most in-demand anymore? It seems to differ from person to person.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Who even is in DC's most in-demand anymore? It seems to differ from person to person.
    That may be true, but I doubt Roy would make enough people's "Top 5" lists to consider him enough "in demand" among the overall readership.

That may be true, but I doubt Roy would make enough people's "Top 5" lists to consider him enough "in demand" among the overall readership.
    He's in mine.

When Oliver eventually gets his ongoing back, a “return of Roy Harper” arc probably won’t be too far behind.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

No, but between Doomsday Clock, the Justice-Doom War, Metal 2, Event Leviathan and any other event book between now and June 2020 there will be plenty of opportunities for fan favorite characters who were killed, erased or replaced to be reintroduced into the DCU. That doesn't mean he will return in those books but the aftermath of them (be it a soft reboot, new books, new status quos, etc.) could end up leading to Roy returning from the dead sooner than expected.

Hell it's entirely possible that Heroes in Crisis ends with Roy brought back to life, revealed he never died in the first place or sets up a new book (Wally?) that eventually brings him back.

There’s no “if” Roy will return, it’s simply a matter of “when”.
    Yep. No superhero death lasts forever.

I hate that Roy (and Wally and Garth and Donna) now has the taint of death around them. It's getting old at this point, we are running out of characters that haven't died before.
    Every founding member of the JLA has died and been resurrected (if you count Batman's 'deaths').

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Every founding member of the JLA has died and been resurrected (if you count Batman's 'deaths').
    I know, it's pretty ridiculous.

I know, it's pretty ridiculous.
    It is but it also helps me not to get too out of whack when a character I love 'dies'. It's not like it was when Barry Allen died and we had to wait 20+ years believing he'd never be back.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

No, but between Doomsday Clock, the Justice-Doom War, Metal 2, Event Leviathan and any other event book between now and June 2020 there will be plenty of opportunities for fan favorite characters who were killed, erased or replaced to be reintroduced into the DCU. That doesn't mean he will return in those books but the aftermath of them (be it a soft reboot, new books, new status quos, etc.) could end up leading to Roy returning from the dead sooner than expected.

Hell it's entirely possible that Heroes in Crisis ends with Roy brought back to life, revealed he never died in the first place or sets up a new book (Wally?) that eventually brings him back.
    Leviathan seems like a great place to have Roy return.
    Gets his ties back to Checkmate back front & centre too.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It is but it also helps me not to get too out of whack when a character I love 'dies'. It's not like it was when Barry Allen died and we had to wait 20+ years believing he'd never be back.
    I personally liked it like that. Death had some meaning, Barry stayed dead, Jason stayed dead. It felt like there were stakes to the universe and consequences for stories.

Astonishing Member

The only reason this death will stick is if the comics publishing branch is failing and they run out of time before someone pitches another banal revival arc. Not that I disagree with bringing Roy back, just that the resurrection is boring and predictable and he shouldn't have died so pointlessly and dismissively in the first place.