So, I dunno how wide-spread this is or anything but I hear that Norse myth is actually making something of a come back in certain parts of the world.

Or so I hear. I'm not terribly well informed about religion in general, Norse myth even less so (though I do enjoy the old stories, just as I enjoy Greek myth).

Anyway, my question is this. People throw a fit over stuff from active, practiced religions being "misused" in comics. We've seen it recently with the Second Coming title by Mark Russel, which was originally going to be a Vertigo title before DC pulled the plug. We also saw violent backlash against the Charlie Hebo publishers for the way they showed Mohammad.

So, assuming that Norse myth is actually coming alive again, should that change the way Marvel handles the characters?

It seems to me that only a couple religions actually get any level of "protection" while all the rest, from Hindu to Wicca, get twisted up and abused and used for any story a writer has in his/her mind (and even the "protected" ones aren't terribly well protected, especially if an original creation was just spun off the myth). So odds are, not a problem as far as the publishers go. If they don't care about misrepresenting the third biggest religion on earth they're not going to care about a handful of people following the old ways either. And I personally don't believe that a religion should be "protected" in fiction anyway. But I was curious what everyone else thought. If the Norse gods are becoming an active faith again, should that change how Marvel handles their characters?