Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    It could also be do the fact that they simply NEVER had the chance to meet Man etc. they are full of prejudice, like you see everytime with Diana or also Hippolyta and other Amazons...
    They have seen men. All expect Diana. All the Amazons were abused by men and enslaved. So that's why they are somewhat prejudiced towards men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's not really being prejudicial when you're questioning, challenging, and stopping prejudiced people from being and acting prejudicially.
    I am not talking about that, but Amazons especially Diana often acted like if she or they were SUPERIOR to man....and that is prejudical..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I am not talking about that, but Amazons especially Diana often acted like if she or they were SUPERIOR to man....and that is prejudical..
    To which my question would be: which authors wrote her like that? Because any character who has been around for 80 years will have suffered from occasional poor characterisations, or poor writers. And Wonder Woman has arguably suffered more than most.

When doing this type of study of a character (or a genre or a style) I find it best to concentrate on the best and most celebrated examples.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

One way to bring Zeus back to life and do away with Prince Jason, forever, is to establish that he never died, in the first place.

Zeus, foreseeing exactly how Darkseid would try to steal his life-force, created Jason's life and body to house a disembodied aspect of his own spirit and full power - only an Olympian form could - after allowing Darkseid to destroy his metaphysical shell. Then, you must establish that Jason had been Zeus, in disguise, all along, ..meaning that there is no real Jason...

Never was.

So, Zeus became his own father to preserve his full power, and, now, he's BACK to being plain, old Zeus, again!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-06-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I, for one, wouldn't shed a tear if we never saw Zeus in a Wonder Woman comic again.

Mighty Member

I think the only gods that fit in her story are Ares, Aphrodite, and Athena. The rest should only show up occasionally imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    One way to bring Zeus back to life and do away with Prince Jason, forever, is to establish that he never died, in the first place.

Zeus, foreseeing exactly how Darkseid would try to steal his life-force, created Jason's life and body to house a disembodied aspect of his own spirit and full power - only an Olympian form could - after allowing Darkseid to destroy his metaphysical shell. Then, you must establish that Jason had been Zeus, in disguise, all along, ..meaning that there is no real Jason...

Never was.

So, Zeus became his own father to preserve his full power, and, now, he's BACK to being plain, old Zeus, again!
    One of WW's patron goddesses did that type of thing once.